• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Plot Bunny Zoo

I have an idea for a story where a humble protagonist decides to rise up to the occasion and save the world, only to discover that the problems were caused by an ancient civilisation revered the world over, and said civilisation are also the ancestors of her species. Problem is, I'm not sure what she could save the world from. All I can think of is that the civilisation met its downfall because its ruler abused his power.

Maybe magic disappeared from the world?

you could just pull a rome. the "greatness" was actually built on slaves, and then due to awful planning the slaves ran out and the civilization collapsed.

that's what i remember from history class, anyway.

Never mind, I've come up with a plot since then.

Someone: "Oh no! The magic tree has stopped being magical! Whatever shall we do?"
Protagonist: "How about we actually do something to fix it!"
Someone: "Fine, go and find this magical goddess-ish person/knowledgeable mortal on the other side of the world."

I am plotting a story set in Alola, where a character is struggling to form their own identity in the close knit village community they live in. I originally had considered giving them a Rockruff as a starter for the poeticness of its form changes, but decided against it. The new form has renewed my interest in the idea, but I was wondering if it was too cliche of an idea.

I am plotting a story set in Alola, where a character is struggling to form their own identity in the close knit village community they live in. I originally had considered giving them a Rockruff as a starter for the poeticness of its form changes, but decided against it. The new form has renewed my interest in the idea, but I was wondering if it was too cliche of an idea.

I say do it. I've been working on a story with some heavy pokemon-based symbolism and although it seems a bit cliche, I really like the way it's turned out so far. Rockruff might be a bit standard for Alola, but to be honest I haven't really read any Alola fics, so I doubt I would have a problem with it myself.

I feel as if my story idea is stuck because I don't know what our friendly protagonist should save the world from. I also want to use Rousseau Was Right here. I'm currently thinking about the world physically breaking like in Dawn of the Dragon but less drastic, the villain being motivated by the loss of a loved one, and the general populace being too apathetic to leave their comfort zones.

I feel as if my story idea is stuck because I don't know what our friendly protagonist should save the world from. I also want to use Rousseau Was Right here. I'm currently thinking about the world physically breaking like in Dawn of the Dragon but less drastic, the villain being motivated by the loss of a loved one, and the general populace being too apathetic to leave their comfort zones.

you really shouldn't think of stories as checklists with points to hit imo. you can have themes and so on, but thinking of stuff like "i want my story to be the kinda story that would get mentioned in this trope's examples" is creatively destructive. i know this because i used to be like that, and nothing good came out of it. you should instead think of how the story would naturally progress and build on itself. don't try to whittle off the edges of a cube to fit it nicely through a circular hole, it's just gonna turn out looking like a misshapen mass - nothing like a cube, nothing like a ball.

Since my previous post, I came up with an idea: the protagonist lives in a pocket dimension, and the door to the ruined outside world has opened. I don't want my stakes to be too high to handle.

So, stumbled upon this comic and thought it'd be an interesting idea for a story. Unfortunately, it's not something I could reasonably fit into my story and I don't think I have the time for even a short/oneshot.

2hwy8oc.png

So, stumbled upon this comic and thought it'd be an interesting idea for a story. Unfortunately, it's not something I could reasonably fit into my story and I don't think I have the time for even a short/oneshot.

2hwy8oc.png

You could make it a short kind of horror/comedy story. Perhaps describe the grimness of the incinerator room. (Perhaps go with the headcanon that Pokemon might be conscious inside their Pokeballs?).
Perhaps reference the question 'what really happens at the Pokemon centre?' or something similar?
It's not the best, but it's something to go off, at least.

I remember that comic! It's been years since I've seen that artists work XD I think it would make a really cool one-shot if anyone was able to do it.

Maybe it's because I've been reading too much Trials of the Trifecta (probably my favourite fic ever) by Shinneth over on Fanfiction.net lately, but I really feel like trying my hand at writing a journey fic eventually, set in Sinnoh some time after the anime's DP series.

It's a concept I have in the back of my head right now. I'll need to get everything thought up and mapped out and such first.

Maybe it's because I've been reading too much Trials of the Trifecta (probably my favourite fic ever) by Shinneth over on Fanfiction.net lately, but I really feel like trying my hand at writing a journey fic eventually, set in Sinnoh some time after the anime's DP series.

It's a concept I have in the back of my head right now. I'll need to get everything thought up and mapped out and such first.

Journey fics can be quite difficult to tackle, due to their length lots of planning behind character development and sometimes also worldbuilding is needed, but it can also be rather rewarding. Depends how much you are willing to put in.

Yeah, it depends what kind you have in mind. The traditional fic tends to end up being one hell of a commitment. Navigating the waters of cliché can be a problem too - not necessarily in avoiding them, but in not avoiding them to the point where it actually becomes detrimental

Easy is the sole thing I would never expect it to be, that's for sure, but it won't stop me from giving this thing a punt one of these days. I definitely feel some commitment towards the base idea so far.

Y'know, that "I think this might be something really good" sort of thought. You get what I mean? I really like what I'm thinking here.

Hi! I'm here to bounce a couple of story ideas off of you guys. So here's the idea: in a world where Lysander is a little more low key about his evil and sycamore is a little less oblivious about it sycamore is working behind the scenes to take down Lysander. This includes putting together a secret task force to help take down Team Flare. And he doesn't need permission from the Kalos government to do this because he has Interpol permission. Anyway the main character is part of this task force. (The main character of the fanfic I mean. Not the main character of X and Y.) and they help take out Lysander. And the main characters of the game are still around but are mostly out of focus.

Back
Top Bottom