• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Plot Bunny Zoo

I was thinking of writing a sort of AU fic where Pokémon is mixed with the concept of dæmons from the His Dark Materials series, but I'm not quite sure how it would be received?

I've been working on an idea like that too! I think it's got potential, though there are a few things you've got to consider:
  • How will daemons "settling" be handled? Does everybody have a Ditto when they're a child, only for it to settle as something else when they hit puberty? Or is the Pokemon set when they're born, and then evolves as they mature?
  • In HDM, daemons are the opposite sex of their human, except in rare unexplained instances. Now, I think that all HDM AUs should account for these rare exceptions and what they mean, and also what sex LGBT people's daemons are, but this is especially important in Pokemon since a whole lot of Pokemon are genderless -- who gets them as daemons? (Actually, did anyone in HDM have a snail or an earthworm? It's been too long, I can't remember.)
  • Can daemons use moves? Are they allowed to battle like Pokemon? Are casual battles okay, but offical League battles with daemons not allowed? Do edgy people do Daemonlock challenges (battle with only your daemon, don't catch any real Pokemon)?
  • What about all the alternate technology used in HDM? For example, in the thing I'm (slowly...) working on, Electric types are called Anbaric types instead.
I don't think you've got to stick exactly to the plot of HDM. A lot of fics out there just use the concept of daemons without incorporating other worldbuilding elements (though there's a Welcome to Night Vale AU called "He Says He Is An Experimental Theologian" that really expertly melds the two worlds), but depending on your story you may want to include other elements of the HDM world too.

Just an idea while I was out of the forums for a few months. However this is off-topic on Pokemon but it something.

An anti-social punk/emo teen meets a witch-in-training who wants a companion to join her to find the Black Star.

• A star that was use for witches and wizards for their witchcraft and even for wishing for their desire before the Witch hunting period.
  • With their population decreasing rapidly, they shattered the star and send six pieces of it to six of the 50 States (or selected countries).
  • Though the population was dying, the surviving witches or "mothers" started taking orphan children and raise them as witches and wizards of the future. Even with or without the star.
  • Their "school" is located in the forest north from the city of New York (Upstate), which they can go through an old subway tunnel to enter the city.
  • Trainees aren't allow to leave the forest unless with a professional. Or entering to the city cause of many reasons. Mainly they might get caught from "Hunter's descendants" .
  • Trainees who get caught from the teachers or even the mothers will get "banned".
  • Rarely, upper-class trainees sneak to the city and gossip how big the world really was. Of course keeping it a secret from anyone who could snitch.
  • Humans with no magic abilities or Cleaned, are targets for witches to experiment them and turn them to animals/companions of their choice. (mostly cats)
Any ideas or considerations are welcome! I hope everyone have a wonderful holiday.

I'm thinking about a story about a log that just rolls down a hill if pushed down one or just stays stationary. Any advice?

Just an idea while I was out of the forums for a few months. However this is off-topic on Pokemon but it something.

An anti-social punk/emo teen meets a witch-in-training who wants a companion to join her to find the Black Star.

• A star that was use for witches and wizards for their witchcraft and even for wishing for their desire before the Witch hunting period.
  • With their population decreasing rapidly, they shattered the star and send six pieces of it to six of the 50 States (or selected countries).
  • Though the population was dying, the surviving witches or "mothers" started taking orphan children and raise them as witches and wizards of the future. Even with or without the star.
  • Their "school" is located in the forest north from the city of New York (Upstate), which they can go through an old subway tunnel to enter the city.
  • Trainees aren't allow to leave the forest unless with a professional. Or entering to the city cause of many reasons. Mainly they might get caught from "Hunter's descendants" .
  • Trainees who get caught from the teachers or even the mothers will get "banned".
  • Rarely, upper-class trainees sneak to the city and gossip how big the world really was. Of course keeping it a secret from anyone who could snitch.
  • Humans with no magic abilities or Cleaned, are targets for witches to experiment them and turn them to animals/companions of their choice. (mostly cats)
Any ideas or considerations are welcome! I hope everyone have a wonderful holiday.

I am not really familiar with the Urban fantasy genre, especially concerning witches/wizards and the like. But I think this idea is pretty neat.
I think you should expand on the lore of the star in general. How it was created and the like, do any of the specific pieces do something very specific? Such as, one for a specific element or power? Also I would be interested in the inner workings of the school. Are they harsh but fair? Or are they downright cruel in how they treat their trainees?

I'm thinking about a story about a log that just rolls down a hill if pushed down one or just stays stationary. Any advice?

If a log rolls down a hill, but there is no one there to roll it, did it roll at all?
Could be an important plot point with some potential to explore some philosophical undertones.
Perhaps you should take note.

I am not really familiar with the Urban fantasy genre, especially concerning witches/wizards and the like. But I think this idea is pretty neat.
I think you should expand on the lore of the star in general. How it was created and the like, do any of the specific pieces do something very specific? Such as, one for a specific element or power? Also I would be interested in the inner workings of the school. Are they harsh but fair? Or are they downright cruel in how they treat their trainees?

Thank you! I thought of your idea of the six pieces have specific power from each other. The elements: Fire, Water/Ice, Earth, Air, Dark, and Light would be perfect. I'll write up something for the history of the Black Star. Plus the school and classes of the witches/wizards. And I'll post it here once I'm done.

Thank you! I thought of your idea of the six pieces have specific power from each other. The elements: Fire, Water/Ice, Earth, Air, Dark, and Light would be perfect. I'll write up something for the history of the Black Star. Plus the school and classes of the witches/wizards. And I'll post it here once I'm done.
Sweet! I'll be sure to take a look once you have posted it!

I've been pondering something that's sort of like a hybrid between Pokémon and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It's not a crossover but it's pokémon cyberpunk that'll explore the ethics and societal impact of augmented trainers and pokémon. It'll probably carry the same "R" rating as practically all of my other works.

As much as I like to see this, somehow, I feel like I won't be able to pull it off.

I've been pondering something that's sort of like a hybrid between Pokémon and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It's not a crossover but it's pokémon cyberpunk that'll explore the ethics and societal impact of augmented trainers and pokémon. It'll probably carry the same "R" rating as practically all of my other works.

As much as I like to see this, somehow, I feel like I won't be able to pull it off.

I think it would be a pretty interesting read, depending how you develop the worldbuilding to make it believable enough.
It's certainly something that might take a lot of planning before hand.

I think it would be a pretty interesting read, depending how you develop the worldbuilding to make it believable enough.
It's certainly something that might take a lot of planning before hand.

What makes this difficult is that I love the idea of sapient (and possibly talking pokémon) and I'm trying to figure out how to reconcile that with a cyberpunk setting.

I'm also trying to decide on a title.

What makes this difficult is that I love the idea of sapient (and possibly talking pokémon) and I'm trying to figure out how to reconcile that with a cyberpunk setting.

I'm also trying to decide on a title.

I think you could bring the two ideas together! Such as having the story based within the distant future.
You might have to write up a timeline of events before the start of the story, recording technological milestones and new scientific discoveries. Perhaps there was some kind of semi-apocalypse in the past and now the world is having to rebuild itself upon that. That would make it very far into the future indeed!

Probably something I won't write, but I had an idea related to telepathy. Every story I've read, show I've watched or game I've played that's involved monsters and telepathy always has the monster speaking perfectly understandable native language to the protagonist. But what if that wasn't the case?

Imagine a world where a trainer has captured a Kadabra, and it insists on using telepathy to communicate with him. But instead of words the trainer can understand, it's a series of high pitched, endless squeals that the he can't turn off or even ignore. Eventually he's driven mad by the inane noises that his Kadabra makes on a constant basis. If he could just get through to his Kadabra, perhaps he could weaponize the telepathy and use it against his opponents as effectively as it's used against him.

Probably something I won't write, but I had an idea related to telepathy. Every story I've read, show I've watched or game I've played that's involved monsters and telepathy always has the monster speaking perfectly understandable native language to the protagonist. But what if that wasn't the case?

Imagine a world where a trainer has captured a Kadabra, and it insists on using telepathy to communicate with him. But instead of words the trainer can understand, it's a series of high pitched, endless squeals that the he can't turn off or even ignore. Eventually he's driven mad by the inane noises that his Kadabra makes on a constant basis. If he could just get through to his Kadabra, perhaps he could weaponize the telepathy and use it against his opponents as effectively as it's used against him.
This sounds like an interesting story, vary different then what most I find on FanFiction. I would like to read it when you wright it. :)

Hello all! I'm so happy to find a soundboard for all my plot bunnies!

Right now, I'm working on a piece in which the focal characters learn of unwelcome side effects of Pokemon performance enhancers (in this case, X-Attack) on humans.

Sounds plausible, yeah or nay?

Hello all! I'm so happy to find a soundboard for all my plot bunnies!

Right now, I'm working on a piece in which the focal characters learn of unwelcome side effects of Pokemon performance enhancers (in this case, X-Attack) on humans.

I think this could work, as long as you properly explain what the performance enhancers do (how they work and search) and why they might affect humans in that way.

Planning on turning my Fakemon project called "Pokémon Chaos & Order" into a fanfic. One version will be here, the other will be on some other Pokémon forum.

The problem is, I don't know if I should make the Bulbagarden version "Chaos" or "Order".

Some things have changed since the blogs here were put on hiatus.

The Basic starter trio will be:

Moosling, a Grass-type Pokémon based on a moose calf.

Hisspyre, a Fire-type Pokémon based on a coral snake hatchling.

Loblarva, a Water-type Pokémon based on a lobster larva.

The Nogland region will have regional variants of various Hoenn Pokémon, such as Poochyena and Flygon, as well as a few new Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves.

Now onto the two Mascots.

The Mascot of Pokémon Chaos is Khioset, a Dark/Ground type based on the Egyptian god Seth.

The Mascot of Pokémon Order is Ohdaeris, a Fighting/Ghost type based on the Egyptian god Osiris.

Team Rocket will return under the leadership of Giovanni's nephew Benito. There will be eight gyms, six Spirit trials (run by Sachems, who are similar to the Kahunas of Alola. These trials are in-between Gyms), an Elite Four, and a Champion.

I think this could work, as long as you properly explain what the performance enhancers do (how they work and search) and why they might affect humans in that way.

I'd also like to add this: you'd need to explore why are your characters taking the pokémon performance enhancers and how it could effect the entire pokémon battling system. Will they be required to spike the performance enhancers with a compound that'll sicken humans? Or will they be banned completely?

I'd also like to add this: you'd need to explore why are your characters taking the pokémon performance enhancers and how it could effect the entire pokémon battling system. Will they be required to spike the performance enhancers with a compound that'll sicken humans? Or will they be banned completely?

...I'm curious as to why you think deterring humans from consuming said enhancers with an ingredient that'll harm them would be an idea considered at all?

@King Scar : Don't forget that a story is a very different animal to a game. The fakemon, whatever they may be, are really less important than the characters and the story you put them through. If they're not compelling then no amount of cleverness in region design will save the story
I am working on names for the male/female protagonist.

Carlos & Odette maybe?

I'm thinking of making a story that tells about the Alola region's past that starts almost 2,000 years before Pokemon Sun and Moon, and the story progresses to almost to present day. Because the story will have changing characters since the starting characters will have their children, and the children will continue on the story and then their descendants become new characters in the story as it goes on. Like for example, a boy from 1,800 years ago is one of the main characters, he grows up, gets married, has children, and his children will grow up and have a family, and then generations later his descendants are now some of the new main characters of the story. What do you guys think of it? I thought of making the story after I posted about lack of Alola's own history in the "What you don't like about Pokemon Sun and Moon" thread. What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

Back
Top Bottom