• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Plot Bunny Zoo

I want to get a Pikachu, but I'm not sure how to play it out. I was thinking an old power plant, or perhaps an old school that someone wants to renovate and reopen? Anyone got any advice?
Maybe you could have the characters come across an active Pokemon school but one of the Pokemon there, a Pikachu, is disobedient and bad tempered and have Ash try to become friends with it?

Maybe you could have the characters come across an active Pokemon school but one of the Pokemon there, a Pikachu, is disobedient and bad tempered and have Ash try to become friends with it?

Perhaps...That could work...
*Idea* Then something happens and the Ash solves the problem and Pikachu decides to go with him.

Sorry. Maybe I misinterpreted the directions. It was late, and I was so desperate to have finally found this place that I just started to type. I may post a new thread about it, but then I don't know how much info to give out. I don't want my ideas stolen... they're all I have.

No worries, we're pretty lax around here. We just like users to know they're able to make new threads if they want! It's tough putting yourself and your ideas on the spot like that, but, no pressure. The option's open if you want it.

Does it have to be that way though?

Not at all. Your idea of a power plant would make sense, connecting its electric typing, and as for it being in an old school, perhaps the Pikachu was basically living off a diet of wires and all the other electrical stuff there since no one was around to stop it. :p Or it simply went to the school to escape a rainstorm one night and decided to make it its home. When whoever goes to the school to check out what renovations need to be done, they find the Pikachu and need to find a new home for it, etc. Plenty of options open.

Hi there. I'm doing a rewrite of the Pokemon anime. I am on the second part (Cascade Badge). I want to get a Pikachu, but I'm not sure how to play it out. I was thinking an old power plant, or perhaps an old school that someone wants to renovate and reopen? Anyone got any advice?

Or you could make a power plant connect to an old school, or vice versa, a new school could secretly be built over an abandoned power plant. Ooh, I like that. You could even make Team R doing some illegal operations inside, and somehow Pikachu gets caught in the middle, making an excellent entrance.

Or you could make a power plant connect to an old school, or vice versa, a new school could secretly be built over an abandoned power plant. Ooh, I like that. You could even make Team R doing some illegal operations inside, and somehow Pikachu gets caught in the middle, making an excellent entrance.

Thanks for the idea, but I already settled on what I'm doing about it. Nice profile pic. I too like Incinaroar.

Thanks for the idea, but I already settled on what I'm doing about it. Nice profile pic. I too like Incinaroar.

No problem. Happy you figured it out.

Thanks! I like Greninja too, only real good Gen VI starter.

Right, I have a plot idea that I want to act on but I haven't quite smoothed out of the details yet.

So the plot goes like this. Theres this wierd anthropmorphic personification of fate out there and it's whole schtick is that it makes unexpected things happen. Kind of like a cosmic GM for the whole world but with much more dice rolling. Anyway, this cosmic being decided to do an experiment where it started heavily infouencing the life of a trainer, good old red, which eventually resulted in red winning the pokemon league after defeating team rocket. Satisfied that it's experiment went well, Fate decides to do the same thing but on a much larger scale. It's target: Artemis (not a self insert), a cynical, prodigal Pokemon researcher who cares more about his research than other people, and his Umbreon, Athena. The result: wacky hijinx that ensue as Artemis bumbles across almost every region in existance, making weird friends, even weirder enemies, saves the world a couple of times, and learns to stop being a shut in pessimist.

So I thought of a plot bunny that's fairly specific to my own story, but it could probably be tinkered with to make it work with any:

There's a rare breed of the already-rare Bulbasaur that generates extremely nutricious pollen within its bulb. This pollen is like Miracle Gro on steroids and causes plants it's applied to to grow like wildfire. However, it's a rare substance that is tightly controlled and most is given to researchers, industrial farmers and NGO/peacekeeping groups, so any that's on the open market is extremely expensive.

To tie this plot bunny to my own story, the Reiland Institute has a supply of this pollen to aid in agricultural research. While doing some studying on gardening techniques, Kimberly catches wind of this magical pollen after she realizes she started her garden too late in the season; however, the pollen would enable her to grow her garden enough to "catch up" with the typical harvest season, so she asks Andrea to "borrow" some from the Institute. Like elsewhere, the pollen is strictly guarded because of how valuable it is to the research they do, so for Andrea to obtain it, she basically has to set up and pull off a heist at her workplace.

"Is it really worth it for your stupid garden?" she wonders.

the obvious answer is yes

Sounds like a pretty cool idea, Misfit. Unfortunately can't comment much more as I'm unfamiliar with your characters and their motivations. :/

So I think it was last night when I had an idea for a horror oneshot, totally detached from my current stories. Thing is, despite writing a 72 000-word "horror" fic, I haven't read or watched any actual horror, so I don't know if this idea's been done a thousand times already (and better).

Idea goes like this: a homicide detective is on a case where a masked serial killer WHOA MOM LOOK THAT CANIS IS WRITING ABOUT SERIAL KILLERS AGAIN has been killing women in gruesome ways, filming it and leaving the recordings at the crime scenes. The detective has the job of watching through these horrible videos and trying to spot any clues. However, as the killer speaks to the camera, it seems like he actually knows who's watching, even interacting. But naturally, when the detective tries to show the recordings to others, nothing like that happens.

Does it sound overdone? Cliche? Also, what kind of mask should it be? It'd have to conceal the killer's face but not muffle his speech too much. It'd also have to look intimidating but not like it's trying too hard.

Still planning to do that Thomas/Pokémon but I would like to know: what would you like to see in such a crossover?

@ArtemisOfTheMoonTribe good luck fleshing out your premise! Might I suggest that since the best stories tend to have a strong sense of place, and that since to make visits to individual regions meaningful one would have to spend significant time there, therefore unless you wish your story to be epic in length and scope and are capable of this, you might instead wish to choose a single region to stick to? I say this because I see "visit every region" as a component of many, many stories that never get far enough to do so nor seem to have a compelling reason to do so.

@Misfit Angel that sounds like a fun concept! It might actually work as a self contained short story, the way you've presented it. Your post implies others might like to borrow the concept if you don't end up using it — I wouldn't have a way to work it into DE but I do love the idea of using pokémon abilities to enhance human industries in the way you've described. I'll tend that creative sapling~

@canisaries I've seen "only the detective can perceive the creepy message" tropes a couple times, but it's still perfectly workable. Pretty much everything has been done, the key is to do it your way. I feel like the mask should cover the killer's mouth, otherwise the differing perception deal gets shakier. If the voice is muffled and only the detective can interpret it that doesn't so obviously suggest supernatural elements or delusions.

@Zaphod Scotsman I had to search the forum to realise that you meant Thomas the Tank Engine. Being almost entirely unfamiliar with the franchise beyond knowing it exists (and watching a peculiar live action movie as a small child), I don't know what the Thomas elements could bring to a crossover. The fact is that this is quite a niche concept, and if you are compelled to write it, only you can know exactly what you need to put into such a story.

I've recently had a vague idea for an underwater Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fanfic. All I know about it for sure is:
  • The protagonists join the Lumineon Guild.
  • They need to find Lugia at some point.
I think I might put Shadow Pokémon in this, and everyone's all like, "Oh no! I never thought it could reach us because we were so remote!"

An idea for an AU story:

A universe where, instead of being damaging or status effects, Pokemon moves are special dance moves. A pokemon battle is not won by reducing the other Pokemon's HP to zero, but by combining four moves together to form the more impressive dance.

An idea for an AU story:

A universe where, instead of being damaging or status effects, Pokemon moves are special dance moves. A pokemon battle is not won by reducing the other Pokemon's HP to zero, but by combining four moves together to form the more impressive dance.

Sounds like a spin off of contests or something the kimono girls in Johto would sponsor. I like it.

I have a potential idea for a short fic: A trio of Coach Trainers learning about being Coach Trainers and their own trials and tribulations, helping young trainers, and exploring more of what it means to be a Coach Trainer, its benefits, and its detriments. Since Let's Go introduced the concept, the idea's been wiggling around in my head. I even drew and came up with the three main characters already, but I already have two fics I'm working on and I want to save this one for later.

I haven't played Let's Go. Can you fill me in on what a Coach Trainer is?

I feel like writing a oneshot about an Absol who turns out to be a villain, but I'm not sure how. Maybe they could take advantage of how everyone thinks "see Absol = run" for their own personal gain? Maybe they're the boy who cried wolf?

In the games, Coach Trainers are trainers dressed in green who show up in towns and routes every now and again. Their general purpose is to assist young trainers on their journeys. If you battle one and defeat them, they give you rewards such as TMs and Candies based on which starter you have.

Back
Top Bottom