• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

Can anyone come up with a name for a new region?
Keeping the traditional "oh" ending

Here's a bare-bones idea I came up with just now:

Events conspire in such a way that the eleven handheld game protagonists (Red, Leaf, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Touya and Touko) end up facing duplicates of themselves.

The tentative title for this idea is The Game Link.

(I opted not to include Wes and Michael because....well, seriously, when was the last time you hooked up a GameCube to another GameCube?)

Here's a bare-bones idea I came up with just now:

Events conspire in such a way that the eleven handheld game protagonists (Red, Leaf, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Touya and Touko) end up facing duplicates of themselves.

The tentative title for this idea is The Game Link.

(I opted not to include Wes and Michael because....well, seriously, when was the last time you hooked up a GameCube to another GameCube?)

Including all the main series protagonists can lead to either an amazing story that ties them all together, or to a horrible one that falls flat on it's face.

This (from personal experience) is a common issue. A writer tries to make an amazing story that keeps all fans hooked, and works, but they more often fail. If you are going to write the story, I suggest going with a simple format, don't make all the characters meet each other and become one group. You can have Red and Leaf on their own, Ethan, Kris, and Lyra on their own as well, and go with the same pattern. The characters stay in their own region, maybe some point in the chapter Red's duplicate wants to taint Red's name and goes to destroy the Johto region, and Red follows him while Leaf stays back. Red meets with Lyra maybe, who separated from her friends to trail her own duplicate, etc...

If you put all of them together in one place, it might fail. I would also suggest starting AFTER they have finished collecting Badges and already have full teams. But whatever you do, you could make it work. The idea interests me, and I'll read the first chapter to see if I am willing to read the rest of it. :)

Do you mean that someone will be playing on his/her Gameboy/DS and some duplicate of the player character appear?

I don't think I can imagine the situation, since I've never battled anyone aside from NPCs, the only thing I do online is trade...

This plot bunny is a single ship - Cyrus x Giratina.

What do they do in the Distortion World, anyway?

This plot bunny is a single ship - Cyrus x Giratina.

What do they do in the Distortion World, anyway?

I sooo want to see that one done, now that it is being discussed :lol: (also: Giratina in a Pokemon shape, or...?)

I sooo want to see that one done, now that it is being discussed :lol: (also: Giratina in a Pokemon shape, or...?)

Origin Forme, obviously. XD

I'll see if I can't whip up a one-shot. Whoever does make this will have made the first one ever. And I mean ever. Try searching Google for anything related to PlatinaShipping or "Cyrus x Giratina".

I'll see if I can't whip up a one-shot. Whoever does make this will have made the first one ever. And I mean ever. Try searching Google for anything related to PlatinaShipping or "Cyrus x Giratina".

I hope you can make it :) It's very satisfying to be the only one standing put by a ship and making their first works :p (Garnets and Cherries is, mind you, the first to bring forth SilverSpawnShipping as something more than just a hint or a fanbelief...)

Okay so we have all made a new shipping story. You with PlatinaShipping. TheNoob with SignatureShipping. Myself with TimeSeaShipping.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for my future project, a two-shot set in Cornova's Poké Wars universe. Yes, I have his permission to do so!

It will feature the reflections of Dawn in the present and the future of the universe. Not to mention some sharpshooting and general gunslinging by our favorite blue-haired coordinator!

Seriously, Cornova came up with that idea and it is awesome!

I have a revamp of Tarnished Gold being worked upon in my mind. A three-book epic of awesomeness. No content hints yet, but I will be posting the prolouge on my blog to harass you guys! Also, it's heavily connected to Adeku's backstory fic as well, as a direct sequel in the vein of Rival's Story melting into Dragon Days.

Okay so we have all made a new shipping story. You with PlatinaShipping. TheNoob with SignatureShipping. Myself with TimeSeaShipping.

But we call it ChampChompShipping T_T

And don't give that honour just yet - I haven't started it yet.

So, I've been considering writing something. A third project. A bit much, but hell, it's been nipping at my mind and driving me insane, so... ;-;

The main thing I'm concerned about are my plans for the first chapter, but I'll pretty much give a plot synopsis here.

It would be a story in the mangaverse (of Pokemon Special/Adventures). The main character would be nicknamed Lavender (her real name would be revealed at a later time; she just prefers the nickname), with the hometown of Petalburg City. She is fourteen years old.

The story starts off with Lavender on the beach on the route west of Petalburg (I can never remember Route names ;-;), pulling out her Pokegear to let her parents know she would be out late to let her Lombre (nicknamed Lily) stretch out some in Petalburg Woods, maybe do some battles with the local bug catchers.

But as she is prepared to hit the last few numbers of her mother's phone number, she sees a flock of Wingull up above, lead in the front by a Pelipper. The Pelipper swoops down and steals her Pokegear, and Lavender chases after them, Lily trotting behind.

Scene cuts.

A local sickly boy named Wally is sitting home alone except for his Ralts, Arthur, who he had hatched from an egg about a week prior. He is thirteen years old. He is a bookworm, and is thus reading a novel to entertain himself. After a short scene of Wally breaking down into a coughing fit and Arthur psychically tossing him his inhaler, Wally's parents walk in with supplies, and after Wally examine's them with interest...

Scene cuts. Back to Lavender.

Lavender is panting, having chased after the colony all the way to Petalburg Woods, where they stop and roost in the trees. Lavender begins to fight the Pelipper that took her Pokegear, but the noise enrages the Wingull around them, and they attack at once.

Lavender believes she is utterly screwed, and is prepared to recall Lily so that she won't suffer.

But suddenly, a green flash enters the scene. The flash dispatches most of the Wingull with relative ease, and reveals itself to be a Treecko: belonging to a boy.

The boy comes over and calls himself Brendan Birch. Brendan helps her battle the Pelipper, and the two at-least-half grass types are easily beaten, and the Pelipper flies away with Lavender's Pokegear.

The two head toward the Pokemon Center in Petalburg to heal their Pokemon, and after Lavender explains just what the heck happened, Brendan tells her to wait and walks off. He comes back a few minutes later and tells her to follow.

The two walk over to a "Vidchat" screen open, with a famous face on the other end: Professor Birch.

He explains what Brendan had just told him. He had said Lavender showed some promise as a trainer in his opinion, and that perhaps she could help out with a project Professor Birch has going on: the completing of the Hoenn Pokedex.

Birch supports the idea, trusting his son's judgement. So, through a lazily-made-because-I-really-don't-want-to-make-her-travel-to-Littleroot-just-to-get-a-couple-of-gifts device, Lavender is sent two gifts: A Pokemon to assist her and Lily, called a Torchic, a Pokedex. To sweeten the deal, Brendan even gives her some cash for a new Pokegear.

The two seperate. Lavender declares him mentally as her rival, then walks out of the Pokemon Center: well, dashes. Toward her home to inform her parents of just what happened.

In the process, she runs right into a crush of hers. Literally.

THUNK.

The crush is a local, quiet boy. He is sickly, and reveals to her that he is traveling to a town called Verdanturf in hopes that the clearer air will assist in his sickness.

She decides then to travel alongside with the boy named Wally, figuring it to be a nice experience, gives her a chance to travel with the softspoken boy she has had a crush on for years, and also helps her do this whole Pokedex project thing.

She heads home, informs her parents, who - after a couple hours of speaking to each other - support her, and give her some money to buy supplies.

She heads outside the house with a grin.

And there are my plans for the first chapter. My arms hurt. ;-;

But I will press on!

The story afterward would follow Lavender and Wally heading around Hoenn, first to Rustboro where the two of them end up challenging a gym for experience in Pokemon Training. Lavender wins. Wally does not.

They head up to Rustboro Tunnel to find out that it's been blocked by an accident with construction workers. The two of them then decide to head the other way around if they can't get that way.

They would eventually learn of the dueling criminals around the region, Team Magma and Team Aqua. They would have a few run ins, but eventually run into a newer gang meant to stop the two: Team Ozone. Team Ozone intends to find and awaken Rayquaza so that the world can maintain balance.

However, with the limited acknowledgement of the legendary's power, Rayquaza ends up leaving their control, angry at the attempts: and is heading around, virtually obliterating some cities, including the nearby Pacifidlog.

It would be up to Lavender to stop it. She would receive help, of course, by Wally, Brendan and some other characters, but with main character hax, she would be the ultimate finisher.

Other than this, though, it would be your basic journey fic: With twists and turns, and it would not follow the RSE plotline as close as it sounds, but they would basically challenge gyms across Hoenn. =P

So, what do you guys think? Any plotholes? Anything that sounds a bit too cheesy, cliche?

EDIT: Clarifying due to a misunderstanding by someone. I did not mean Mangaverse. This was a mistake in terminology - I meant a darker, more realistic feel, kind of like the feel one would get from Adventures.

Last edited:
I got an idea from the Gen IV HG/SS Battle Tower!

A shipping fic with Latios and Mira! Or a yuri fic with Latias and Mira (or Marley)!

I got an idea from the Gen IV HG/SS Battle Tower!

A shipping fic with Latios and Mira! Or a yuri fic with Latias and Mira (or Marley)!

Howsabout throwing Brandon and the three Regis in with Marley, Mira, and the Lati@s? The we'll call it a day.

Howsabout throwing Brandon and the three Regis in with Marley, Mira, and the Lati@s? The we'll call it a day.

... Uh, I think that will make my brain hurt too much.

This will probably just be a fluffy, cute (semi-cracky) romance...

Hey, it is always good to challenge myself!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom