• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

If you have read some of my other work and my comments on it, you may remember that I am writing two pokemon staged projects (a musical, ok. Someones already got a thread called pokemon musical, so bleh.)

One, a spoof, kinda like a very potter musical, you know, how they spoofed harry potter and everything. It would follow the anime and just completly mess it up: expect stupid ash, overdeveloped ten year olds (Misty) , a man who never opens his eyes (Brock, for those who don't get anything), and Gary Mother fucking Oak.

2. a authors portrayal of the characters we know and love, turned into a song cycle. For those who aren't familiar with what a song cycle is, it's basically songs about the characters with no intertwined story of any kind. Cynthias Song (If There's Anything To Be) is part of the cycle. I plan on making this heartwarming.

Tell me, is it a good idea. I mean, I'll most likely go through with the projects because of how much I've poured into them all ready.

For it to work, we'd need to first establish a list of tropes to use, then make the plot (and don't know about you, but I'm always too lazy to plan my writing :sweatlol:)

I could list the tropes to anyone that dares for it.

Okay, MayNoWriMo Novel.

- Six years prior to the start of the story, Sarah Scott falls asleep in her home while only her son, Terrence, is in the home, sick- she is watching over him. Father Christopher Scott and daughters Elizabeth and Sierra are out to go see a movie. Sarah is a known insomniac, and has not slept for two days. She makes the mistake of falling asleep with a cigarette in her hand, and the house goes up in flames. Sarah and Terrence are burned badly, and in the ICU ward of Azalea General Hospital, the next morning, Terrence passes away. Sarah passes away just three hours after.

To escape the town in which the tragedy occurred, as well as find a new home, they move to Pallet Town, Kanto.

Six years later, single father Christopher Scott spots a story in the Pallet Gazette, a local newspaper. ANTI, the Annual New Trainer Initiative is coming to Pallet Town! Normally, ANTI travels around the region, going in the "traditional" order set up in order of gyms by Red, a local legend from about eleven years ago, thus making trainers in any other town either catch their own Pokemon, or go to the town ANTI is in. This year is their restarting, having been in Cinnabar last year.

He decides to enroll his daughters in the initiative. This is for two reasons; one, he hopes for them to see the world, find new, fun experiences. Second, he thinks they would be better off. Training in these days was a way for people to make a living, even young ladies like themselves, and Christopher Scott needed to see that. He had a bit of difficulty holding down a job, and thus money was always kind of tight around the Scott House.

So, he does, and tells them: Elizabeth, who has chosen by now to go by the name Beth, is awestruck, but excited. Sierra was a lot closer to their mother than Beth ever was, though, and had been struck by it harder - she was still acting out to this day. So of course daddy dearest's decision didn't sit well with her.

So he leads them to the area where ANTI starts, and they go through it, Sierra forcibly.
On the way, they run into Matthew Joyson, part of an established family: the Joysons were better known for their female members, with their curly pink hair and medical skill. Called Nurse Joys, who tended to volunteer in the local Pokemon Centers, and Pallet Town's Daisy Oak Nursery was no exception. Matt battles both Beth's Squirtle, Shelly, and Sierra's Bulbasaur, Venus, with his Charmander, Blair- and loses against both of them, interestingly enough. He declares them his rivals, then runs off.

The story is basically running off typical journey fic-isms for a while. The two sisters travel together for a bit, then drift off while Beth decides to take a detour for exploration and experience purposes, and Sierra wants to go on with the flow. One more rival fight with Matt Joyson.
At Cerulean City, Beth runs into a woman in all black, leather clothing. On the front of her shirt is a pink label - TR.

She identifies herself as being from Team Rocket.

Beth, of course, recognizing the name, is shocked. Team Rocket was supposed to have disbanded nine years ago with their total defeat by Johto's famous trainer, Ethan. So she figures this must be a hoax. She battles the girl with all three of the Pokemon she has by this point and loses horribly against the girl's single Pokemon, an odd steely thing with blades for arms.

She identifies herself as Tierra I, and says to Beth to spread the word. Team Rocket is coming back strong, and will make their first move soon- and it will deal a devestating blow to Kanto's economic system.

Sierra, in Vermillion, and Matt in Mt. Moon run into similar circumstances themselves, against a man identifying himself as Tierra II, and a woman identifying herself as Tierra III, respectively.
Things run smoothly again for a while at this point. In Vermillion (once again, this 'traditional order' most trainers follow, thinking, 'Hey, if RED did it and got so good, maybe I can too!'), Matt and Beth join together to travel, figuring it to be a good money strategy as well as a bit of safety, they both figure- though the latter, neither tells the other.

Now, in Celadon City, an attack on the Department Store occurs. Local Gym Leader Erika comes to defend the place, but is overriden by the sole numbers. Beth, Sierra and Matt are all in the city at this point (Sierra, admittedly, has a bit of a gambling problem; was in the local game corner, wasting her time away), and with Beth swearing and frightened, are all drawn into the fight.

But of course, they all recognize that pink "TR".

They run into Tierra II ater fighting through a few lower grunts of the team, and fight him in a triple battle. They win by a thread, more than anything by a lucky shot by Blair, now a Charmeleon, and his Flamethrower, and of course, a bit of last minute aid from Erika.

The Rockets retreat. The Department Store is devestated, and closed down for a while; which is bad, as it provided most of the supplies to Kanto's Pokemarts, forcing them to import from Johto. But suddenly, a woman calling herself Arianna Dupree comes up and offers assistance. The Pokemarts accept it, and they are given what seems to be a limitless amount of supplies.
The next Rocket incident is in Fuschia City. The Safari Zone is a large, untamed patch of wilderness which has only recently been reopened to the public, and it gets invaded by Rocket Grunts, as well as Tierra III. Beth and Matt only take this one on, and lose this time due to the powerful, rare Pokemon that Tierra III seems to have control over- even though they aren't in Pokeballs. T

Now of course, two major blows to the economic system occur. A major source of Fuschia City's income for its government programs was planned to be the Safari Zone, and due to the incontrollable wild Pokemon, it is closed down. Guess who comes to the rescue with donations to Fuschia City? Arianna Dupree.

This is starting to grow serious. A Police Investigation of Team Rocket is started, and Beth, Sierra and Matt are asked for assistance due to their involvement in the Celadon Incident.

But, they decline, claiming themselves to just be children wanting to get their Pokemon Journies onward. So, the investigation goes on without them.

Normality 'till Sierra's visit to Cinnabar. Sierra finds out that a rampaging Nidoking is going through the island, and even Gym Leader Furn is unable to stop it. So Sierra goes to check out, battling it intensely, and catches it, adding it as the final member of the team.

Furn offers her a treat to dinner and a battle, free-of-charge (Gym Battles in these days cost a bit of money), for her help. She agrees, and says she'll meet him in the gym later that night.

She does not show up.

Guess who shows up to fund the reconstruction after the Nidoking rampage, by the way? Arianna Dupree.

Later, Beth and Matt show up to the gym, challenging Furn. He makes an offhand remark about Beth’s resemblance to a girl who had saved the town, so Beth asks her name; Furn responds with Sierra, and mentions that she went missing.

Beth and Matt finish up the battle, then go to fervently search for their disappeared sister/friend, of whom they cannot contact over the phone or through any other possible way. They manage to locate a old detective who speaks in strange language and calls himself, “Looker”. Looker is a local retiree, but has come out of his rest for the new Team Rocket case, and locates through some old friends an old abandoned base that suddenly came back to life in the Sevii Islands.

So with their gratitude (and a bit of their money) toward “Looker”, the two rush off toward that base. They are convinced that the new Rockets have kidnapped Sierra. In this base, they run into the three Tierras, who try to stop them.

They are captured and thrown into a jail, while their boss, acclaimed as, “Tierra Radiance” (TR! It was all a ploy, the Team Rocket part, to scare people and generally leave them with as little competition as possiable), tries to decide what to do with them. They recognize this face as the world-famous Arianna Dupree. Arianna decides in the end that their punishment is to be executed. Tierra I, who Arianna refers to as Nicole, and her Bisharp are given the job.

Tierra II is left to guard them while they wait for Nicole to come. He introduces himself as Roy Undelle, and offers them a chance to escape and go after their Pokemon. Roy, who in the past worked as a behavioral analyst for the Guardia Civil, Kanto’s FBI, tells his own profile- an organized narcissistic psychopath. He loves the thrills. Such an organized execution is revealed to be, to him... boring. So he hands Matt the jail cell keys, makes Matt punch him in the face to break his nose, and watches them escape.

They manage to sneak round the underground jail cells a bit and find their Pokeballs, only to be confronted by Nicole, Tierra I. Matt offers himself to battle her. They nod to each other, and Beth sneaks off with a bit of distraction from Matt.

Matt’s battle is difficult. Pretty much because of that Articuno Nicole is using. He manages a win, but is down to one, exhausted Pokemon because of it. He rushes off after Beth.

Beth, in the mean time, manages to find the cell in which Sierra was indeed being held, an early capture for disrupting their plans on Cinnabar with a certain rampaging Nidoking. After defeating a grunt in charge of guarding the cell, she frees Sierra; but the noise draws in Tierra II, Roy Undelle. Sierra offers to do this one, while Beth reluctantly agrees, as she knows her sister and sees no point in arguing with a stubborn personality.

Sierra’s battle is also difficult. She had her Pokeballs in the desk drawer of the room that her cell was in, so they were an easy find, but the not-so-easy part was that Zapdos Roy has. He reveals that Team Radiance, or TR- or, Team rocket-, used control chips that Tierra III, their technology expert, created. They have control of all three legendary birds. Sierra wins also, but with the same predicament as the last one to go through this trial.

Beth is the one to finally encounter Tierra III, who reveals her name to be Victoria. Of course, she has Moltres, and Beth and her fight fiercely; it ends in a tie. Beth's Blissey helps heal two of her team members, at the cost of basically draining all of her energy, leaving her unable to battle.

Being the only one with more than one functioning Pokemon, Beth is left to battle Arianna Dupree. The backstory of this rich girl is revealed.

Arianna Dupree was the daughter of Richard Dupree, a man who once monopolized all of the Kanto region's 'marts. Richard was a cold man who's thoughts were business; and sex, so much to the point of using his daughter for it. She was molested by him, and her mother did nothing about it. She left home at an earlier age than most did of her class, at around thirteen. She was living the life of a normal trainer for a while, conditioning her to that lifestyle; but when her father died of 'mysterious' circumstances, which she identifies to be her own fault, the inheritance money is just about enough to feed her for life.

She wants more.

So, bitter and angry with the world, and greedy, she begins to gather people. The first major promise of this group was Nicole Hendricks, a single mother with a three-year old son. She offers her a spot in a criminal gang for protection of her son, consistent pay, and the mother-daughter relationship in which this girl craves. She lost her mother early, and her dad was a deserter. The girl all-too-eagerly plain ol' ditches her son, and agrees.

The next person she confronts is a man named Roy Undelle. A former cop gone bad, she digs in some dirt and realizes that this man has taken quite a few lives- not all in justifiable spirit, either. Both with this dirt as bribery and using this man's thrill seeking wishes, she convinces him to join.

Finally, the third and most important person was Victoria Smith. Victoria grew up in relative normalcy- except for the whole, 'Hey, daddy hits mommy some nights when his breath stinks and she apologizes for it. That's weird' trauma. Victoria simply fell in love with technology, and that's what gave her the appeal that Arianna sought out. She joins with little to no problem.

With these three people as underlings, she begins to plan. Plan, grow and plot for her revenge against the world.

The battle is long and difficult. While she holds no legendary Pokemon, Arianna is an excellent battler with skilled and strong Pokemon. Beth loses.

Sierra comes into the picture next. Manages to defeat one or two of Arianna's Pokemon with her exhausted Venusaur, but ends up getting all of her team taken out, too.

Matt also defeats one or two of her Pokemon. This narrows it down to one Pokemon on Arianna's side, and none on the kid's.

What saves their lives then is simple. Furn, hearing about this base from Looker, gathers Erika and Janine, the two leaders also affected by the plans of Team Radiance. They, having had the opposition cleared, rushed through easily and found the children on their last leg, about to get their butts stomped into the ground by a Rampardos.

Arianna Dupree is defeated. In the typical cliche of a badguy, she pulls out the good ol' self-destruct button.

Within three minutes, the old base will self-destruct. With the help of Janine's two Scythers and their agility attack, they make it out in time.

And from here on out, story is typical rip-off from Kanto plotline. Matt and Beth fight one more time, Matt loses; Beth goes onto the Indigo Plateau after winning the eighth badge, and gets through Victory Road (barely), fighting the Elite Four and finding...

dun dun dun, Sierra as the champion, having reached the position just an hour before her. The two fight intensely, and the only plot-twist is that Beth does end up losing. Beth goes back to Pallet to live as quietly as possible (beating up a major organization sort of puts some press on you, though luckily Sierra's championship does take some of the spotlight) with her father, letting Sierra have her fun up at the Indigo Plateau.

End of story.

So, any major kinks? I would appreciate quick response if possible, as you know... I only have 'till Sunday in order to really work out the majority of the stuff. =p Then I gotta get 'ta writing. Kinks in the later plot, though, can be done a few days after, of course...

Any feedback at all would be appreciate, though. :p

*phew* Spent all day writing all this up.

Last edited:
Spoiler it out, please. The page is made much longer with it like that :sweatlol:

Also, good that you're up for a MayNoWriMo, because you'll have to do it all over again soon, either in June or August, when the SuBuWriMo is announced :p

Spoiler it out, please. The page is made much longer with it like that :sweatlol:

Also, good that you're up for a MayNoWriMo, because you'll have to do it all over again soon, either in June or August, when the SuBuWriMo is announced :p

Whoopsie! Sorry. Done.

Also, eh? SuBuWriMo? The heck is that? ._.

Whoopsie! Sorry. Done.

Also, eh? SuBuWriMo? The heck is that? ._.

Thanks, hon :)

The SuBuWriMo is an idea rolling around among the Workshop staff to dedicate a non-Award month to fanfic writing. It has been name-dropped around before, but we have yet to define proper rules for it, or a proper month for it (June or August; vacation start and my birthday vacation end, quite a difficult decision), so we haven't made an official announcement yet.

I noticed something when playing the games over again and really it's been gnawing at my brain forever.

You know how when you battle a trainer they're given names? Like Youngster Joey, Juggler Irwin, that sort of thing.

When you fight the Team Rocket Grunts, they aren't given names.

Which I think was purposely put there to dehumanize them a little bit: I like to think that they all really do have names and distinct personalities, and probably some sort of life before Team Rocket.

So...I wanted to make stories about that. About the Grunts who joined for stupid reasons and are now bitter, about general silliness/shenanigans that go on because of TR's more outlandish schemes, about the Grunts who leave only to struggle to put their lives back together.

I also wanted to flesh out some of the canon characters, such as the Executives (Proton and Petrel would get the most face time, since they're lower-ranking and thus probably spend more time around the Grunts) the Rocket with the really bad English, and so on.

Well, after having this idea in the back of my mind since HGSS came out, I finally started on my fic of game!Lyra pursuing Latias. Debating on what to call it, so far I have "Collector" and "Pursuit." Does anyone know of whether something similar has been done before?
When you fight the Team Rocket Grunts, they aren't given names.

Which I think was purposely put there to dehumanize them a little bit: I like to think that they all really do have names and distinct personalities, and probably some sort of life before Team Rocket.
I don't believe this was done purposely in an attempt to dehumanize them, but more or less because they aren't the primary focus. Every character in a story has their own life story, it's just that they aren't relevant to the main focus of the story at hand.

But yes, unintentionally, it does dehumanize them, along with giving every male grunt and every female grunt the same sprite. Even though their dialogue is a bit different, not much else is done to differentiate between them. That can be said of most trainer classes though.

So...I wanted to make stories about that. About the Grunts who joined for stupid reasons and are now bitter, about general silliness/shenanigans that go on because of TR's more outlandish schemes, about the Grunts who leave only to struggle to put their lives back together.

I also wanted to flesh out some of the canon characters, such as the Executives (Proton and Petrel would get the most face time, since they're lower-ranking and thus probably spend more time around the Grunts) the Rocket with the really bad English, and so on.
Very interesting fic ideas. Of all the teams, the Rockets are my favorite, probably due to nostalgia and their schemes not revolving around a single legendary Pokémon. I look forward to your future works.

I wanted to do a slice-of-life comedy about a gym underling who rarely gets to actually battle, instead more or less encountering the oddball characters of the world just from the sidelines. I'd mess around with the interpretation of the 'verse a little, but it would be more an illustration of everyday life in a world where random people just walk up and challenge each other to matches with no provocation and offer unbidden commentary on their outfits. Oh, and something like a thousand kinds of superpowered monsters. Of course.

I wanted to do a slice-of-life comedy about a gym underling who rarely gets to actually battle, instead more or less encountering the oddball characters of the world just from the sidelines. I'd mess around with the interpretation of the 'verse a little, but it would be more an illustration of everyday life in a world where random people just walk up and challenge each other to matches with no provocation and offer unbidden commentary on their outfits. Oh, and something like a thousand kinds of superpowered monsters. Of course.

You know this sounds like a good comedy fic. An interesting way to do it would be to do a "one-shot" collection. Each one-shot detailing a different gym leader's underling's "travails". The first chapter could be say about one of Brock's lackeys; the second could be about about Misty's lackeys.

You know who doesn't get a lot of love? The game developers.

I want to write a story about the hardships and tribulations of the person who invented the Pokeball.

This bunny is finally going to become a real story - for the SuBuWriMo! Except, in the form of Silph, not Tajiri.

I have an idea but I doubt a reader would totally buy it. (if my story is ever written)
The thing is : first we have a trainer, let's name him X, who's travelling through some region by foot, like all trainers do. Now there is a person Y, a trainer too who's used to journeys, who is following X in secret, for whatever reasons. A spy to put it simply. The tricky part is that Y mustn't be discovered by X and tail him through 1/3 of the whole region's run. I think it is a very difficult operation to accomplish, so I wonder if the reader will buy this situation and won't find it too unlikely. Opinions ?

I have an idea but I doubt a reader would totally buy it. (if my story is ever written)
The thing is : first we have a trainer, let's name him X, who's travelling through some region by foot, like all trainers do. Now there is a person Y, a trainer too who's used to journeys, who is following X in secret, for whatever reasons. A spy to put it simply. The tricky part is that Y mustn't be discovered by X and tail him through 1/3 of the whole region's run. I think it is a very difficult operation to accomplish, so I wonder if the reader will buy this situation and won't find it too unlikely. Opinions ?

I'm intrigued. And as long as there's a good explanation for it, it is believable.

This is a similar situation to my fic, Unpredictable. Although I don't focus much on the actual tailing, and trainer Y doesn't get much background for a while, apart from being a badass. Also, trainer X isn't even the main character.

I'd say that it could very well be believable, just as long as the explanation comes gradually but still in a naturally flowing manner. If you leave most of the explanation out with little foreshadowing, at the moment of truth it'll seem as though it came from your lower intestines to a lot of readers. It's a very interesting idea, at the very least.

I've been wrestling around with an idea in my head for quite some time now. A trainer who is a young adult, like 18 years old, is the main character. After several years of not competing in the Silver Conference, he decides on a whim to give it another go while traveling with three of the latest new trainers to receive their first Pokemon from Elm. Problem is, while he is quite capable of both looking after them and helping to improve themselves and has a team full of Pokemon that have enough knowledge in human behavior to help him with that job, he acts very much like he's a child, grating at the nerves of the kids. Eventually, they start to suspect something's up with him, so during the course of their journey, they visit places he's been to and piece together what turned him into what he is now. And each of them also has to learn how to grow up past their own issues, despite being much more mature than the guy who's feeding and keeping an eye out for them.

So, how's that sound?

I have a little idea floating in my head for Tarnished Gold's reboot that I need a little assistance with:

Cynthia's grandmother grows a cannabis-like plant in her garden. Actually, it's all she plants. When Gible, Cynthia's pet (before she goes on a journey for reasons I won't divulge yet), eats it, and vomits it up as a fireball of some sort, should it be big and epic and hit the shrine in the middle of Celestic Town and get everyone high, or should it be a disappointing puff of fire that catches her owner's clothing on fire?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom