• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

I have some problems regarding what I've been doing.

Firstly, I've started working on a Pokemon fanfic, but I don't know if I should post it here or not. I already have three chapters done, so I should do it, but still...

Which brings me to my next topic. As far as fanfics go, I actually have a complete script made for a YouTube series based on the Super Smash Bros. games (lame, I know). Specifically, it involves four of the characters cut from Melee wanting to be able to be used in Brawl, and other different scenarios following. However, I know I'm probably gonna have to re-write it as an actual fic instead of a script. Problem is, I've looked through the script, and it looks like there won't be much dialouge. Here's an example:

In the last part of the first story, one of the characters looks at the list of characters confirmed for Brawl, and states which characters should be removed from the final game.

See, I have no idea how to convert that scene into novel-style text. I suppose it could work something like this:

"Let me see the list," Name demanded. After a while, he replied, "Well, to tell you the truth, I would think that (insert long list here) should not be in the game." The others agreed.

I have the feeling this should've been posted elsewhere, but I don't know where.

Any thoughts?

This just came to me out of the blue. What about a Pokemon/Tron crossover involving Porygon? It would certainly be trippy.

um how bout arceus creating the universe with the help of mew. once all the legendaries are created they start a huge war and basically ruin the world. random trainer/pokemon tries to stop the destruction?

I had an idea for a story. Its about an experienced trainer who receives a letter from the regions Professor asking the trainer to help them with some research and to protect them because people have been going missing/disappearing. Whilst the two are together, the Professor gets kidnapped. The trainer feels bad for not being able to stop the kidnappers and decides to find them. Throughout his journey he'd travel to places that hes been to and remember things about his journey as a trainer.

This is an idea I had a for a fic which I do plan to eventually write but I don't really know how it would work. If anybody could give me some tips/advice about it then feel free to :)

Last edited:
I guess I must have overlooked this thread... I dunno if would have been a better idea to post my idea here or not... but for the sake of it, I hope this doesn't cost me any points, so to say... :sweat:

so among my frequent (and distracted) brainstorming, this latest idea got me wondering. The Entralink in the games allowed Pokemon players to cross over to another player's universe. what if that very similar concept applied to other continuities of the series? granted, until it occurs elsewhere, it's traditionally limited to the Unova region... but ideas like this threw a big, fat, "EUREKA" sort of moment to me.

I suppose I'll start with my idea.

my idea was based around the Global Link being the primary setting, where the Dream World was a recent project accomplished by Fennel (in every continuity she's in), and she invites various trainers to let their Pokemon wander around and overall test it out. the characters the story primarily involves are my fanfiction's main character , Ash Ketchum of the anime, and Black of Pokemon Adventures . little do they realize, however, that one of my story's antagonists somehow infiltrates into the Dream World, and essentially begins causing trouble by corrupting Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon (method explained in my story). eventually, the Dream World begins turning into a completely vast nightmare. left unchecked, this nightmare would cause numerous problems that many different Pokemon Worlds will not be prepared for. after quickly modifying the three character's C-Gears (and giving it to Ash and Black),the three Trainers cross over to the Anime world's Entralink and, through the Entree Forest, into the Nightmarish Dream World to stop the problem.

catch is, this takes place way further in my story than where I'm at right now. so even if I wanted to write this story, it probably wouldn't be wise given the difference in character when it gets to that point...

umm, I guess I'll ask for the sake of it, If the Entralink existed outside of the games, allowing for possible Cross-canon (or fanon) crossover stories, what would you think of?

I'm been mulling a Super Mario Bros. idea--suppose there were some new Mario cartoons based on Super Mario Galaxy and/or New Super Mario Bros?

The Galaxy idea would combine galaxies from both games and some new galaxies--plus, Yoshi, the Lumas, and Rosalina would be involved in some way (EG. Rosalina sends the Bros. and Yoshi out to the galaxes to take on Bowser and co.)

The New Super Mario Bros. idea could reunite the fab four of the Bros., Peach (or Daisy) and Toad (or forgo the princesses altogether and use both Toads featured in New Super Mario Bros. Wii) I have a title for this one--simply "The New Super Mario Bros. Super Show"

Worth going for? Any suggestions?

I had an idea recently, to make a fic with each chapter being one of the weekly prompts. Each chapter would seem like just a collection of random stories, but slowly the characters (which would live all over the pokeworld) would start to come closer as their actions influence each other and eventually they all meet. It wouldn’t really have much of a big and showy conflict and instead would be more episodic in nature and basically view the pokémon world from the view point of ‘regular’ people. I currently have no idea whether to keep going with this or not so I’ll leave it here for now.

I had an idea a few nights ago to attempt a novelization of one of my all time favorite games--Dragon Quest 8. It would basically follow the game's storyline, but also expand on things the game's script mentions only in passing. (I would actually play through the game myself to get the in game dialogue right and make sure the new scenes have the same feel as the real game.)

How bout it? feasible or no?

A grand timetravel-including story with Zekrom and Reshiram as the main driving factors - one is absolute order/good and one is absolute chaos/evil, and both seek to adjust the world; which is now in a state of balance between good and evil; chaos and order. Both will end up destabilizing the world, resulting in its destruction. Thus, our main character, who has the powers of Celebi, must travel through time to fix the two personified forces of nature's ill-boding actions - by awaking Kyurem, the balancer; the boundary. For He is the one who keeps the others in check. Add in the dubiousness of good and evil - no, morality itself, and that's it. I might do something with it, might not.

A grand timetravel-including story with Zekrom and Reshiram as the main driving factors - one is absolute order/good and one is absolute chaos/evil, and both seek to adjust the world; which is now in a state of balance between good and evil; chaos and order. Both will end up destabilizing the world, resulting in its destruction. Thus, our main character, who has the powers of Celebi, must travel through time to fix the two personified forces of nature's ill-boding actions - by awaking Kyurem, the balancer; the boundary. For He is the one who keeps the others in check. Add in the dubiousness of good and evil - no, morality itself, and that's it. I might do something with it, might not.

The premise sounds good, and also seems to have great potential, but a bit cliche.

...which is why I'm likely leaving it as a plot bunny P: but then again, even clichès can be interesting, written well.

Last edited:
Verily. I've actually read completely generic trainer fics that just were so awesome I couldn't help but enjoy them.

Verily. I've actually read completely generic trainer fics that just were so awesome I couldn't help but enjoy them.
In the end it all depends on the writer, it could be a unoriginal generic story, but the writing style and characters drive you to keep reading.

So I was thinking of doing a story involving Red. Basically the story focuses on the three years between FRLG and HGSS and what Red did during that time. I was planning on shedding some light on Red's time as champion and his relationships after he took the title. However he realizes that the life of a champion is less glamorous than he thought and before long he becomes tired of it. The Pokemon League isn't one to let their champion get away though and now Red will have to run away from the Pokemon League on what he calls "his last adventure".

Yeah but that'll just be too boring now wouldn't it. It was three years after all, so I figured I might as well make an adventure out of it.

Ot a bad idea, but would it be one big adventure or a collection of small ones... just wondering.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom