• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

I intend to create video games in the future, and I had one in mind for some time that I only a few days ago wrote down a background story. I know it's not strictly a fic, but I could maybe make one out from this idea.

You probably already heard about it from your teacher or your parents or whoever you know. Today, the world we once knew ended 542 years ago. But how did it end, you may ask? Beats me, really. Did a asteroid hit our planet? Did a scientific experiment go horribly wrong? Or was a natural disaster to begin with? I have no idea, but why should we care these days? No matter the cause, we know that 7 billions humans got reduced to 1 million only, scattered around the world, and whatever did this sure did a hell of a good job destroying the world. Well, 532 years later, the human civilization have gone from 1 million to around 30 millions, not including America, that is.

Even to this day, we don't know what happened over in America, if it still exists that is. Travelling the world has become hazardous because of climate changes. Heck, you already know that, but I'm gonna tell ya anyway. Most of Europe has become a desert with a couple of mountains here and there, so many barely even leaves their homes. This, and combine it with the usual unstable weather, from burning hot weather to heavy storms, makes it highly unadvisable to travel around the world, which is the primary reason no one tried to rediscover America. The weather is simply too unstable to travel by sea.

And yet, we need people who is "stupid" enough to risk their necks to transport goods from place to place. Towns and cities are very far away from each other, and many of them are depending on something as simple as food, water and medicine. But the bad weather isn't the only problem for the couriers. Bandits is also a headache for many, so the couriers need to defend themselves as well. Either that, or have a vehicle that is fast enough to escape a bandit attack. Then there's the killer robots here and there. I don't know who built them, but one thing I do know is that they are DOS, Destroy-On-Sight targets. The rewards are decent as well, but do be warned. There's a good reason why they are DOS.

You may be asking how you can defend yourself, eh? Well, guns and rifles aren't enough, that's for sure. No, you need something else, something that will amplify yourself so you can survive. Do be careful, though, when you smell something rotten. It might knock you out cold when "that" thing is turned on.

- Jack "Rip-off" Holm, former courier and owner of the World's End-bar

Note, the idea of this game actually came from playing Pokémon Colosseum again some time ago.

So, with Pokemon Conquest on the horizon in the USA, I thought, why not incorporate it in the anime world?

Rather than Ash and co. rubbing shoulders with Nobunaga and the other warlords, I decided to make Ransei my imagined Pokeworld's go to setting for TV shows, stage plays, and the occassional video game. A new drama showing a female warrior's adventures in Ransei premieres on TV, and Ash and the gang faithfully watch week in and week out, creating a frame for the story:

Normal text is Ash and co. reacting to the show's events, providing MST3K-esque commentary on cheesy moments and yelling "advice" to the characters.

Italic text like this would be the world of the TV show.

I have two ways I'm considering designing the TV show: typical anime/Asian drama, or a Chinese-esque opera adapted for the screen--leaning towards the typical anime/drama route.

How bout it? Feasible? Worth an Atlas thread?

Sounds interesting enough, Topaz. Go for it, if you really want to. :)

Anyway, I've recently come up with an idea I might turn into a story as well, as I quote here from the chat/discussion thread:

Hey all, remember when I said I wasn't interested in writing Pokemon fanfiction? Well, I might've just changed my mind. Sort of. I'm still not interested in writing a novel or anything of the sort, but I have considered doing a short story.

It's about Cilan (my favorite character, currently), and it would be told from his point of view since that makes the most sense. The synopsis would basically be this: Ever wonder exactly what had happened with him and that Purrloin that once did something awful to him? Well, the connoisseur has finally decided to talk about it, if only silently to himself, and relay the entire tale. He does so in hopes that it would help him overcome his fear of the Devious Pokemon, if not for himself, then at least for the sake of his travels with Ash and Iris. He knows that such an irrational fear could only hold him and his friends back.

If I do write this, there's one note I have to make. My keyboard cannot type an e with the accent over it, so you're always going to see this error if you read the story.

Would this be an interesting story to read? I found Cilan's fear to be fascinating, not just cause I think he's awesome, but yeah. Still, I don't have much experience with first-person stories. I dunno if I can write it well.

For some reason I have a fanfiction brewing in my head, specifically an adaptation of King's Quest 5... with a humanized and less annoying Cedric!

He would be a young lad around Alexander and Rosellas age (close to 20), brown haired, wears round glasses, and wears a blue vest and brown pants with a navy blue robe in his bag just in case. As one of the youngest members of the Society of Wizards, he always carries a magic wand with him, knowing quite a few spells from his mentor/father figure Crispin. As Grahams guide, he knows the kingdom of Serenia like the back of his own hand. Rather bookish, he's never left home without Crispin nearby, and feels kind of nervous about going on his "first real mission" as a wizard in training... especially seeing as he has the responsibility of protecting someone important as a king as well as himself. Also, he sleeps with a stuffed owl at night.

He starts out as the Cedric we all know and hate- giving useless advice, being scared of everything and generally getting on Grahams nerves (until he finally snaps and orders him to show some backbone and be useful, or else he'll leave him behind to die and defeat Mordack on his own)- but as time goes on he gets more brave (especially once they reach Harpie Island, where he actually tries to fight back against the harpies. He fails when it barely does anything and they gang upon him, but props for trying anyway!) and helps out Graham whenever he needs it. By the time they reach Mordacks castle, he's just as brave as Graham, and surprisingly doesn't die from Mordacks magic blast (badly wounded, but not killed), instead it being the poison of the Flying Sting (the blue creature that Mordack first turns into) that kills him. By then, he and Graham had become good friends, and Graham actually feels a bit sorry for him. If this were earlier in the story, Graham would have probably either been overjoyed or not care that Cedric was gone.

A fanfic that doesn't start with the start of the journey, but for example the first Gym Battle? Or where the companions gets the Pokémon from Professor Oak instead of the main?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom