• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

Hey, I got an idea, set in the real world. There's a filmmaker who's a rising star in the world of movies. He is an avid Pokemon fan, so mixed feelings of excitement and horror come to him when he is hired to direct a live action Pokemon film. A groundbreaking testament to the potential of the series, or a horrible smear upon the franchise that the entire pokemon fanbase will never let him live down- the movie has the potential to end up either way. But either way, the pressure's on him! :p

Im thinking about writing my first fan fic and this is the basic idea iv got so far.

It would be in shinoh,in the near futer like say 10 years after diamond/peril/platiums plot and be about a boy(aged 13) wanting to be a pokemon trainer but his abusive,pokemon hating parents wont let him so he runs away after having been beaten by them after one of the older boys in the town let him us his pokemon for a battle. When he runs away he becomes hopelessly lost in the forest and all most frezzes to death but is discovered by Dawns kid and being brught back to there house and then is sent to professer rowans son to start his adventur...

This is just a idea i dont know if im wanting to use this as my first fic or not yet but what do you guys think of it.

Note: If I do write this out it proably will have some matur themes in it.

Im thinking about writing my first fan fic and this is the basic idea iv got so far.

It would be in shinoh,in the near futer like say 10 years after diamond/peril/platiums plot and be about a boy(aged 13) wanting to be a pokemon trainer but his abusive,pokemon hating parents wont let him so he runs away after having been beaten by them after one of the older boys in the town let him us his pokemon for a battle. When he runs away he becomes hopelessly lost in the forest and all most frezzes to death but is discovered by Dawns kid and being brught back to there house and then is sent to professer rowans son to start his adventur...

This is just a idea i dont know if im wanting to use this as my first fic or not yet but what do you guys think of it.

Note: If I do write this out it proably will have some matur themes in it.

Okay ... Where to start ...

You don't really want to do the "standard abusive parents 1 and 2". Written abuse has to be carefully done, and not just as an angst ball for your character's past. There also should be a reason for why the character was abused, etc.

If you're looking for problems in your character's past, it can be easily done without actual abuse. Maybe he has self-esteem problems, or on the reverse side, he's too cocky and gets himself in trouble. My advice would be to try not to play the "pity me" card right off the bat. Give the readers time to care about your character, to draw them in.

While your idea can indeed be turned into something fantastic, just think on it a little while longer. (Also, the timeline is kind of illogical. How can 20-year-olds have ten year old kids, or even older ones? I'd suggest moving it further into the future, too.)

I hope this helped, though. Good luck, Link. ^_^

Okay ... Where to start ...

You don't really want to do the "standard abusive parents 1 and 2". Written abuse has to be carefully done, and not just as an angst ball for your character's past. There also should be a reason for why the character was abused, etc.

If you're looking for problems in your character's past, it can be easily done without actual abuse. Maybe he has self-esteem problems, or on the reverse side, he's too cocky and gets himself in trouble. My advice would be to try not to play the "pity me" card right off the bat. Give the readers time to care about your character, to draw them in.

While your idea can indeed be turned into something fantastic, just think on it a little while longer. (Also, the timeline is kind of illogical. How can 20-year-olds have ten year old kids, or even older ones? I'd suggest moving it further into the future, too.)

I hope this helped, though. Good luck, Link. ^_^

Well this is just the BASIC idea of the start of the story so im not going into why does this happen,why is this person like this,why would he do this kinda stuff that untill I write it out.

Also thanks for pointing that out about the time and them having kids that are 10 at 20 ill fix that when i write by not setting it in the future or something like that.

Also the abusive parent(yes I think there will only be one in this) will be planned out carefully and killed off mabey as im thinking of making this a bit of a crack fic too.

picture.php

Yep, it is Gantz meets Pokémon!

I want to do a fanfic about this. But somehow, I just cannot bring myself to do it.

Granted, I admit Garchomp, Cynthia and Dragonite look pretty damn good in skintight black clothing... How the hell does Garchomp hold a gun?

Anyway, I may end up incorporating the skintight "power suits" into my crackfic...

Anyway, I may end up incorporating the skintight "power suits" into my crackfic...

Ooh! Idea! Make the costumes into a Gantz-type suit.

Doesn't seem like the thing I'd want to read, though - I read up on its premise :scared:

I have an idea for a What If? fic. What if Ash evolved his Pikachu when he obtained a Thunderstone?

Just because it has been done, doesn't mean you can't do it. Shipping fics has been done before, yet people keep writing them.

Here's a little snippet that I came up with:

"Now, we need a bay leaf," said _____________ [insert tags here].

"Present!" said Bayleef, standing up.

"Not you," said ___________, waving his hand at Bayleef to sit back down.

Now, if only I could find a place to use that.

I need some class that would require a bay leaf for something, though.

I need some class that would require a bay leaf for something, though.

Cooking!

Which brings a whole new level of "eww" to that idea...

---------------------

Speaking of ideas, I planned to do a little short chapter that is part of Life of the Legendaries. Basically it shows the safety video that the cosplayers had to watch before they got the costumes.

Not to mention I am still trying to figure out how the Frontier Brains will rescue the Legendaries from an airship flying ~ 7 miles up in the atmosphere.

---------------------

And of course, I am thinking about a possible dark, post-apoc story that is a prequel to Poké Wars: Hell in Sinnoh(Poké Wars universe).

I know that it will star Cynthia and maybe some other characters from the Sinnoh arc.

Last edited:
I've been working on a Pokemon fanfiction for a long, long time. Like, four years. It started out as an exercise in explaining how Pokemon gjinkas would realistically work, then I started delving more into my myriad of OCs and what they were doing, and then I realized that it wasn't really about Pokemon anymore.

Now it's an original political fantasy with a 1,061-year-old man as its protagonist. Who looks about sixty. And I hate politics. '_'

I've been working on a Pokemon fanfiction for a long, long time. Like, four years. It started out as an exercise in explaining how Pokemon gjinkas would realistically work, then I started delving more into my myriad of OCs and what they were doing, and then I realized that it wasn't really about Pokemon anymore.

Now it's an original political fantasy with a 1,061-year-old man as its protagonist. Who looks about sixty. And I hate politics. '_'

Sounds very interesting, honey! :ksmile: Who would have thought fanfiction could lead to original fiction? I'm truly amazed by your creativity! (I'd have never been able to pull that off myself, I'm sure)

Do you have any plans of publishing that in some manner?

I'm currently writing a fic (A Little Bit of Good) that involves Grimsley as a main character. It's not a past fic, as it is set in the time around Black and White. It has a little bit of Caitlin and Grimsley shipping but that wasn't intentional, it just happened. And there isn't any traveling like a "journey fic".

What would I call this fic? It's just Grimsley...being flamboyant Grimsley...

EDIT: I also wrote this http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=104120 I think you might enjoy the plot...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom