• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot unveiled for "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa": Title for Pikachu short also

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Plot unveiled for "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa": Title for Pikachu short also ...

Information on the plot of the eighteenth movie has been unveiled on the official movie website. Hoopa will make an appearance alongside Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Black Mega Rayquaza.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Plot unveiled for "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa": Title for Pikachu short a

I think this is connected with the public release of the demo as hackers found a Hoopa event in the demo.

Re: Plot unveiled for "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa": Title for Pikachu short a

I think this is connected with the public release of the demo as hackers found a Hoopa event in the demo.

Well, the Hoopa event is basically just that if you have a Hoopa you get the Prison Bottle. The demo has the Hoopa event because it's a stripped-down version of ORAS, not because it's something that happens in the demo. Hoopa was going to be the star of the movie regardless of whether hackers found Hoopa info.

Additionally, the demo has been out publicly in the US since last year, and still isn't available publicly in Japan or South Korea.

Well, the Hoopa event is basically just that if you have a Hoopa you get the Prison Bottle. The demo has the Hoopa event because it's a stripped-down version of ORAS, not because it's something that happens in the demo. Hoopa was going to be the star of the movie regardless of whether hackers found Hoopa info.

Additionally, the demo has been out publicly in the US since last year, and still isn't available publicly in Japan or South Korea.
It only just came out in PAL regions, maybe it will come to asia closer to the event. The event I'm talking about was encountering Hoopa at one of those ring portals if I recall.

Edit: NVM I can't find what I was talking about.

Doesn't really make sense they wouldn't cut Hoopa in the demo though if it isn't gonna appear in it. It takes up unnecessary file space and risk leaks. (GameFreak is full aware that XY was hacked soon after release)

Last edited:

Doesn't really make sense they wouldn't cut Hoopa in the demo though if it isn't gonna appear in it. It takes up unnecessary file space and risk leaks. (GameFreak is full aware that XY was hacked soon after release)

They also left all the encounter tables for the entire Hoenn region, all the learnset data for every single Pokemon (despite only a very small number being obtainable), all the Trainer team data for the whole region, etc. It looks like they had a filesize they needed to get, and just cut out data until they hit it, not caring about what data was there and what wasn't. Game Freak should know that the games will be datamined, but their actions indicate they don't.

I find it interesting that the trailer and the poster feature Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza prominently but the plot summary doesn't say anything about them. It's like we have two completely different movies, the other one is this badass thing with Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza and the other is a silly little thing with Ash and Hoopa lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom