• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pluto/Charon might actually not be a plothole if we don't see him

Cybersai

Reaction score
Dogasu posted this in his comparison for the Galactic finale:

Dogasu said:
And the episode ending with a mystery (what happened to Pluto?) was just icing on the cake.

We all know Pluto/Charon wasn't shown in the jail car with Saturn/Mars/Jupiter.

But thinking about it more, I'm not sure this is really a plothole. They did not show all the other Galactic grunts arrested the same way, and we can say Pluto/Charon probably got arrested along with all those green-haired grunts.

Considering DP is ending and we know how the rest of the eps will play out, we probably won't get any Pluto/Charon ep.

But I guess it really isn't a plothole if you say he was arrested with the grunts. Best way to explain it if we don't get a follow up.

Bah, like he has to stay in his own region. There's volcanos everywhere.

Also, he serves as a failsafe in case Game Freak brings Team Galactic back at any point, since it would take a literal act of god to bring Cyrus back and, let's face it, the writers are lazy.

I doubt anything will happen with Charon. I personally think it was just a slip up that they forgot to take him. Whether he appears or not, it's fine with me. Not saying he's a bad character or anything, I just wouldn't complain. Besides, if they want to bring him back, it could be a good ep to showcase heatran.

Bah, like he has to stay in his own region. There's volcanos everywhere.

Also, he serves as a failsafe in case Game Freak brings Team Galactic back at any point, since it would take a literal act of god to bring Cyrus back and, let's face it, the writers are lazy.
Well technically Cyrus would be the god of whatever dimension he takes over if he can control its powers.

Well technically Cyrus would be the god of whatever dimension he takes over if he can control its powers.

Eh. He went in completely powerless. All he's going to be able to do is observe as the universe goes on without his influence.

I want to see SOMEONE handle the Rotom plot. So far it's gone ignored. It hasn't come up in Special and DPA ended without even *seeing* Rotom.

Charon will control the world using a Rotom Powered tank.

Assuming he can breath in outer space.

He's Batman Cyrus. He can breathe in space.

And those Unown in there could probably help him, too. Or destroy him. Or something.
...They're creepy. >:

Anyways, I want Charon to appear again. I'm quite sure the writers have improved to the point of not forgetting/scrapping such an important character.

The problem is the timeline is not adding up.

After the GF is a Meowth/TR ep, and the eps remaining in June have to be dedicated to Sunyshore. The beginning of July is the Sinnoh league, and I sure don't see Charon getting any appearance after DP is over.

If he doesn't get an ep in June, its probably safe to say he won't get one.

Eh. He went in completely powerless.

He does however still have that hand device with him... I know that it was probably created only to control the Legendaries, but I have a little theory. Remember when they were saying how the Red Chain contained the power of the "Original One"? If they were talking about Arceus when saying that, there's a tiny possibility that Cyrus just might be able to do more with his hand device, maybe even open up a portal for him to escape (although I don't know exactly how, and he probably doesn't want to if he even knew how, beings he basically got what he wanted in the first place:-/)... but actually, it all depends on how they programmed the Red Chain to work in the first place.

But 'tis a theory I cames up with... nothin' more...:awww:

Is that bad?

For Galactic fans like me, yesh...:p

As Black and White are being released pretty soon, I don't really see a chance of Charon appearing. There's a couple theories I have about his whereabouts 'n stuff:

- Charon might have gotten arrested with the other Commanders. But since they hate his guts, they or Charon might have told the police and Looker to keep them seperate. Like maybe Charon could have been in one of the squad cars.

- Correct me if I'm wrong (Blackjack might know this), but in DPA

Doesn't Charon take the remaining of Team Galactic and launches a terrorist attack at the stadium where the Pokemon League is being held, the one that Hareta is going to participate in?

I'm not entirely sure if some material being applied in any of the mangas sometimes happen in the anime, but that could be another direction that they could go with Charon. He could do something like that during the League, similar to how the TRio tried to steal Moltres' flame for the Kanto League that one time.

Who cares about Pluto/Charon?
It's not like he did much while he was a part of Team Galactic, so what makes you think that he's going to do anything revolutionary if he does end up coming back?
Just because a villain escaped does not mean we'll see him again. I remember a certain Team Magma member who escaped custody twice and hasn't been seen in over five years... Do you remember who it is?

I've really grown out of any fascination with this character that may have held weight some number of episodes ago.

No one's going to lose sleep over one missing person.

It's not like he did much while he was a part of Team Galactic, so what makes you think that he's going to do anything revolutionary if he does end up coming back? Just because a villain escaped does not mean we'll see him again. I remember a certain Team Magma member who escaped custody twice and hasn't been seen in over five years... Do you remember who it is?

Brody has done a hell of a lot less than Charon and appeared in less episodes than Charon as well, and yet he still made an appearance after Team Magma and Aqua were defeated. Hell, Brody is an anime-only character.

And I don't understand why you brought up the fact that Brody hasn't appeared in 5 years... because nobody here is saying neither him or Charon is gonna appear after 5 years in the first place. You said it yourself that Brody has in fact appeared twice, the first appearance while he was still a member of Magma, and the second appearance was after they disbanded. It hasn't been "years" since Team Galactic was taken care of, and it hasn't been "years" between Magma's disbandment and Brody's second appearance.

I don't have any hopes for Charon returning, but I think that using a character like Brody in an arguement isn't a very good comparison. And all we're doing is speculating, which I don't see a problem with...

He hijacks the Pokémon League. God only knows why.

- Correct me if I'm wrong (Blackjack might know this), but in DPA

Doesn't Charon take the remaining of Team Galactic and launches a terrorist attack at the stadium where the Pokemon League is being held, the one that Hareta is going to participate in?

Yes. Yes he does. Although they're more sensitive about those things in the anime--I honestly can't see them pulling anything akin to DPA's would-be suicide bombers. Although swap them out for some powerful Electrodes and you might have something.

Later on in DPA he
goes after both Heatran and Giratina with the intent of holding Sinnoh hostage for money money money.
Which is more or less what he does in the games anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom