• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pluto's Fifth Moon Discovered

Pluto became a dwarf planet after there were characteristics of a planet set. Because if Pluto was considered a planet, we would have to have also classified other (dwarf) planets like Ceres as planets in our Solar System.

Stupid question but if its not a planetary body how do the revolving bodies get the status of "moon"? Honest question, its something that never made sense to me.

Sorry, folks, the nostalgia goggles are fused firmly to my face. I couldn't take 'em off even if I wanted to. So I'll consider Pluto a planet until the day I die. dealwithit.jpg

Also, count me among those who had no idea Pluto has so many satellites. That's actually pretty cool.

The stupidest part of it all is the replacement name they found for it.

"It's not a planet, it's a DWARF planet".

So...a dwarf star is a small star, a dwarf galaxy is a small galaxy, a dwarf shrub is a short shrub, a dwarf angelfish is a small angelfish, a dwarf beaked snake is a small snake...

But, get this, a dwarf planet is not a planet.

Bravo, guys. WAY to be clear about things.

The original redefined proposal was far better, just needed a little improvement to deal with a few issue. The version they ultimately adopted was tripe dipped in shit layered with academic ego-centrism.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why is this significant. Don't expect any life forms in this moon though.

The stupidest part of it all is the replacement name they found for it.

"It's not a planet, it's a DWARF planet".

So...a dwarf star is a small star, a dwarf galaxy is a small galaxy, a dwarf shrub is a short shrub, a dwarf angelfish is a small angelfish, a dwarf beaked snake is a small snake...

But, get this, a dwarf planet is not a planet.

Bravo, guys. WAY to be clear about things.

The original redefined proposal was far better, just needed a little improvement to deal with a few issue. The version they ultimately adopted was tripe dipped in shit layered with academic ego-centrism.

Sounds like you're mad, and I don't understand why. Scientists do what they think is right based on the evidence available. Science changes sometimes when scientists realize that what they were doing before was not perfectly accurate.

At any rate, could you please lock this thread? It's not supposed to be an argument about Pluto's planethood.

I'm keeping the thread open. Discussions change, and if people want to continue the futile debate about whether Pluto is a planet or a dwarf planet, they can go ahead.

Pro tip: when a moderator says "We're keeping this thread open", deleting it is sort of a dick move.

So I brought it back.

Last edited:
Pluto's 5th moon? Back in my day, Pluto only had 3!

Wow! This is pretty interesting. The part that really interest my is that a dwarf planet can have so many moons and that they orbit such a small thing in space.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom