• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pm trouble

PokeAmi

Reaction score
So I got a couple of pm's from other people, the problem is that the site doesn't let me see all of them.
When I click on the pm, The site screen becomes blank and it appears a number, mostly 1 or 2 on upper left corner. The webpage then doesn't let me get out of there, so I have to close the page.

This doesn't happens with all of my pm's, but some of them. Anything else here works fine, its just that. And its really annoying, because I can't reply the person back and have to send a new pm to the person.
Can it be fixed?

That's a strange issue, but definately isnt something that should be happening.
@Archaic;

That's doesn't sound good :/
Its seems to be this site, Cause when the pm site becomes blank its the same backround colours that Bulbabarden forums has, very light blue. Its just that all the pm screens dissappears and that number in the corner appears instead. And my computer send me the message that the page can't load.
I got another pm now and it happend again...But this page error just seems to happen when I get pm's with little text, just two lines or so.
Well hope it can be fixed somehow, I don't know if I am the only one with this issue :/
My internet is fine and has great connection too.

pm error _bb.png

When I click on a pm, this page comes up instead and my webpage tells me to close it, because it can't load. But still, its just certain Pm's which does this.

I tried clearing my browser cache. It didn't help.

Last edited:
Have you tried a different browser like Google Chrome?

I haven't tried Google Chrome. Is that probably the reason? Because I have Internet Explorer? (That would be weird, because I am in other pokemon forums too and I have no problem with the Pm's there.)
I don't want to change it, so if IE is the issue, then I just ignore that pm thing. It isn't the end of the world, I just have to reply back to the person in a new message and I can still see the preview for the message, so this issue, isn't that big deal, when I think about.
But thanks anyway :)

Are you using the latest Internet Explorer?
The latest for windows 7 I think is IE9 if I'm not mistaken.

I've been using Opera for this site and despite Opera having issues with many sites this one works fine.

I'm new to this so please don't hate, but how do I send PMs?

All you need to do is go on a users profile and click Send Private Message. You'll need 10 posts to PM, which is why you probably arent able to. Just post a few more times in various threads(but make sure your posts abide by the rules) and you'll easily reach the required post count.

A separate issue from the one previous, but it is kinda silly that you can't send PMs until you have a certain number of posts, yet you can always receive them.

And another issue related to PMs.
I'm not sure if this is intentional but users now get PMs whenever they are quoted. It is annoying, frankly.

A separate issue from the one previous, but it is kinda silly that you can't send PMs until you have a certain number of posts, yet you can always receive them.

Its to prevent Spamming.

But yeah, the post quoting PM is quite annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom