• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth

I'm playing through sky right now while waiting for this to get translated. For those of you who have the games is it as good as sky or better? Even with the low number of pokemon is the variety good and not too repetitive? How hard is it compared to the previous ones?

I'm really hoping there's DLC for more Pokemon later on. I was kind of sad that I couldn't recreate my EoS team in this. (Riolu and Vulpix.)

I'm really interested in what the story is like. I'm kind of suprised that they let you pick your Pokemon instead of giving you a personality test though. While I like being able to get the Pokemon I want with out referring to a gide, I also liked seeing what Pokemon I apperently relate to...

The story sounds better then the original PMD, at very least.

From what bits and pieces I know of it, I can see some parallels between it and Explorer's story, both in regards to the roles certain characters play, and the events that occur.

Last edited:

I would wager they just decided not to add all the Pokemon as potential team members, considering there's Pokemon in the game that can be fought but can't be recruited. Black and White kyurem for instance.

If they had full recruitability intended for the game, they wouldn't have wanted to miss out on that.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

An awful lot of people seem to be almost completely turned off the game because of the fact that you can only recruit 144 different Pokemon in this, but getting all of the Pokemon has never been the main reason why I played the PMD games, so it doesn't bug me. As long as it has SOME of my favorites, I'm satisfied, and one of said favorites being one of the main characters only increases my interest in the game further.

The shift to 3D also only did good for the already superb storytelling.

Last edited:

I thought Zorua should have been one of the starters.......but Oshawatt will do

I'll be getting this game. It looks like the franchise has started to properly exploit their giant repository of perfect Pokemon models known as Pokedex 3D.

Mystery Dungeon games have always been boring. I hope this one will be better, but there's little chance of me buying it.

An awful lot of people seem to be almost completely turned off the game because of the fact that you can only recruit 144 different Pokemon.
Only 144? I won't lie, that does somewhat make me upset. My favorite part of the Mystery Dungeon games was having access to all the Pokémon,

Yeah, I'm not getting this game. There's no excuse for having only 144 Pokemon to recruit.

It's being released just before my birthday, too. What a shame.

Whenever someone says they're not getting the game because of the number of Pokemon, I can't help but wonder how many of the Pokemon they actually bothered using in the previous games, or if they even bothered trying to recruit all of them.

I pretty much only used my starter, their partner, and two of my favorites for the majority of the dungeons, only choosing to use other Pokemon for the sake of the level 1 dungeons. I also never concerned myself with recruiting all of the Pokemon due to the lack of any reward and how insanely tedious it could be.

There's still enough Pokemon I like to create a team of four, and completing the construction of the Pokemon Paradise sounds like it'll keep me occupied better then trying to get all of the Pokemon did (Especially compared to Explorers, since you didn't even get friend areas to look at all of your hard work with).

In my Explorer's of Sky game, I recruited every Pokemon. D: 492 is a lot of Pokemon, but I liked recruited at least one of each. 144, that's not even the Kanto Pokedex, or Johto even. Stupidly small amount when there's 649 Pokemon. The story had better REAALLLYYYY make up for it, since I'll be buying the game regardless.

Whenever someone says they're not getting the game because of the number of Pokemon, I can't help but wonder how many of the Pokemon they actually bothered using in the previous games, or if they even bothered trying to recruit all of them.

With 144 Pokemon out of 649 total, that's only 22% of Pokemon being represented in this Mystery Dungeon game. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team featured 386 Pokemon, which is 100% of the Gen III Pokedex. And in the Explorers of Time/Darkness games, there were 491 out of 493 Pokemon featured, which is about 99%. Shaymin and Arceus were added in Explorers of Sky, making it 100%.

There you go.

Call me crazy, but I've recruited in my Sky all Pokémon expect Omastar and Kecleon. I just love that "gotta catch 'em all" thing.

Anyway, this game seems to be awesome. But I'm still not sure will I buy 3DS just for it...

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

OK, since I don't know where else to post it, I'll just say it here. The story was too short! It was a great story indeed, but the pace was just too fast! Now all there is to do is simply build onto Paradise. The NPCs say the same thing all the time now, even my partner! I wish it was as long as PMD: Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, so it could have two story arcs.

OK, since I don't know where else to post it, I'll just say it here. The story was too short! It was a great story indeed, but the pace was just too fast! Now all there is to do is simply build onto Paradise. The NPCs say the same thing all the time now, even my partner! I wish it was as long as PMD: Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, so it could have two story arcs.

Since you're not asking or answering a question, that'd be best kept to blogs next time, or better yet the PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread. In fact I'll move these posts there now.

Alright, bumping so that current players of the recently released Gate to Infinity players can talk of their latest shenanigans :)

Last edited:
So I tried going through Stompstump Peak...Yeah, that's a terrible idea if you chose Oshawott. The Petilil there are freaking vicious and keep slamming you with Leech Seed and Absorb. It doesn't bother Pikachu but it's been killing me! >.< Oh well, the hazards of picking Oshawott, I guess.

And is it just me or did they start the heart tugging early in this one? I have never liked Gurdurr at all but with everything that happened I was wiping tears from my eyes. Especially when:
Gurdurr finally agrees to build the house but says he can't do it right then; he needs to cry some more. ;-;
Gah, this game is so going to break me, I just know it!

And I dread going to Glacier Palace. I already know who I have to fight and it is utterly killing me. Why him? Why?! :bawl:

I just finished the main game today and the story and ending honestly surpassed my expectations.

I think it's my new favorite out of the PMD games.

Not finished the main game yet, but I do like the story so far. My only complaint as of now is that it's so much more tedious than the past games, mainly because you can only do one mission at a time. Not to mention you have to go through Azumarill to do it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom