• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: PMD: Night of the Red Moon (PG)

Epic-Ash-Fan

Ash is my bae!
Reaction score
*Nervously suffles in* Errm Hi. I've written a fanfic I'm alittle nervous but here it is...

Chapter 1

It was a beautiful morning in Treasure Town. Many Pokémon were already up getting ready to go exploring or getting they stalls ready in the case of the Kecleon brothers and the others. Right at the end of the right hand side of town there was a cliff shaped like a Sharpedo named Sharpedo Bluff in the hollow centre a Pikachu was just waking up and has a huge stretch. She gets to her feet and walks towards the opening in the cliff then looks outside.

Chloe watches the large blue sea letting the ocean breeze caress her yellow fur. She looked like any other normal Pikachu but in fact she used to be human, a human from the future. The groove in her tail seemed abit bigger than most pikachu's. Chloe also had a ruff of blonde hair on her head. Her eyes had a very faint hint of green.

Then the other Pokémon starts to sit up and has a good old stretch himself. The Pikachu turns around and smiles.

“Good morning Chimchar.”

Chimchar returns the smile and laughs slightly as it was normally him who greeted her first. Chimchar also looked like most other Chimchar except he had a small scar on his forehead that sort of looked like the letter x Chloe never asked him about it. His eyes were a very light grey in fact almost silver.

“Morning Chloe,” He greets. Chimchar takes a look outside. “Awesome it’s another great day for exploring!” He said enthusiastically.

Chloe giggles at her partner’s excitement.

“Sure is. We better get going before you explode from the excitement.”

Chimchar blushes slightly. Chloe loved to tease him like this.

“Yeah ok guess we should.”

Chimchar grabs the treasure bag and checks their supplies.

“Good looks like we have everything we need.” He says.

Chloe smiles,

“Great lets hurry to the guild and see what jobs we can find.”

Chloe and Chimchar climb up the steps and start passing through the lush Treasure Town almost everyone greeted them Chloe and Chimchar happily greeted back with a wave. They had become quite famous and popular around here but that’s what saving the world twice does to you. Everyone in town knows their names even most of the travelling explorers who pass by In fact a few of them asked for their autographs Chimchar often joked that they now could be as famous as Dusknoir used to be if not more.

Once they’ve reached the guild Chimchar examines the job bulletin board while Chloe looks over the Outlaw Notice board. (They’ve discovered it will be a lot quicker that way.) There certainly weren’t as many jobs as there used to be possibly because the world was now mostly back to normal but luckily for the exploration teams there was still plenty of work to do. Although on rare occasions there was nothing on the boards at all. Everyone would take that opportunity to take a day off or explore uncharted territory.

Chloe spots something interesting. “Hey Chimchar here’s one a Nidoking is causing havoc at Blizzard Island the reward is a Zinc band we’ve been needing one of those.”

Chimchar looks pumped.

“Ok let’s do this we haven’t been to Blizzard Island in awhile this will be a great excuse to go.”

And with that Chloe and Chimchar dash out of the guild and to their left where the dungeons were.

About ten minutes later just as Sunflora and Bidoof were heading down the guild steps to go on a mission a Pokémon walked towards them.

“Excuse me.” He says almost as if it burned him terribly to act polite. “But is Team Firestorm here?” Sunflora as cheery as ever looks in his direction. “Oh my gosh I’m sorry I’m afraid you just missed them they left to apprehend an outlaw over ten minutes ago.”

The Pokémon looks annoyed by this.

“Any idea when they’ll be back?”

Sunflora and Bidoof shake their heads then Bidoof speaks up.

“If it’s important you can always wait for them at Sharpedo Bluff that’s where they live.” Bidoof points right. “Just keep going up that way till you reaches the cliff but you might be in for a long wait yup yup.”

The Pokémon heads off seemingly forgetting to say thanks. Sunflora and Bidoof shrug it off and continue on their way.

At Blizzard Island Chloe and Chimchar continue their search for Nidoking. As always Blizzard island was completely coated in snow and ice. It was also snowing quite heavily. But despite the harsh weather Chloe and Chimchar pressed on. These two really work as a team Chloe does her best to keep any water Pokémon away from Chimchar while Chimchar does the same with Rock types as he knew Focus Punch Chloe then spots something.

“Over there!” She calls to Chimchar who was just finishing off another Nosepass.

Chimchar looks and sees Nidoking threatening a poor Delibird into giving him his Clear Gummi. Chimchar and Chloe rush up.

“Hold it right there!” Chimchar calls out.

The Delibird looks relieved.

“Yay! It’s team Firestorm!” Nidoking just laughs.

“That’s an Exploration Team? They look ridiculous!”

Chloe smirks flicking abit of hair out of her eyes.

“Yeah we get that a lot”

Nidoking gets ready “Well this should be easy”

Chimchar pretends to sigh.

“Don’t you just hate it when they’re so over confident Chloe?”

Chloe nods.

“Ohhh yes it gets soooo annoying”

Nidoking is now seeing red.

“Ohhhhh you’re in for it now!” Nidoking Charges at them with Horn Attack. Chimchar and Chloe dive out of the way. “Ohhh we have a feisty one.” jokes Chimchar.

He uses Fury Swipes.

Nidoking gets hit a couple of times but manages to grab Chimchar’s arm then Poison Jabs him in the stomach making the poor Pokémon falls to his knees. Chloe glares.

“Ohhh you’ll wish you hadn’t done that” She growled.

Chloe charges at Nidoking who was about to finish Chimchar off with Horn Drill and grabs his tail. Now Nidoking was really fuming he swipes Chloe off his tail sending her flying then gets ready to use Double Kick when he gets hit by a Flame Wheel attack which turned out to be Chimchar.

“Thanks for the breather Chloe!” He calls.

Chloe smiles,

“No problem Chimchar.”

Nidoking looks at Chimchar half impressed. “Not bad kid that actually hurt a little.” Chimchar smirks,

“Why thank you.”

Then Nidoking uses Horn Attack but Chimchar ducks and uses Focus Punch. Chloe uses Discharge. Nidoking was dazed but manages to uses Poison Jab on Chloe. Chimchar tries to use Focus Punch but Nidoking was faster and used Double Kick Chloe uses Iron Tail from behind. Nidoking falls to the ground knocked out.

Chloe looks feeling exhausted that was the toughest Pokémon they battled in awhile.

“We did it.”

Chimchar nods.

“Yeah we did.” Then Chimchar winces a little obviously still feeling that last attack.

“You ok?” Chloe asked her eyes filled with concern.

Chimchar smiles reassuringly. “Yeah I’ll be fine.”

Chloe picks up the Clear Gummi and gives it back to the Delibird.

“Here you go.” She smiles. The Delibird happily accepts it.

“Thank you”

Later after taking the Nidoking to Magnezone they start heading back to Sharpedo Bluff for a well earned rest.

Chloe stretches. “Man what a day.”

Chimchar nods.

“Tell me about it at least now we can get home and relax.”

Chloe nods.

“Yup wow everything is so perfect I hope it stays this way forever.”

Chimchar beams.

“Same here,”

Chloe smiles she felt really happy. Ever since he found her on the beach Chimchar was the one Chloe felt the most comfortable with. Everyone else was a good friend to her of course like Wigglytuff, Chatot, Bidoof, Sunflora and everyone else in the guild and around Treasure Town. But Chimchar was different he was always there to cheer her up. His enthusiasm always motivated her. Chloe and Chimchar never seem to be apart. Residents of Treasure Town started calling them “The Inseparable
Duo.”

Chimchar and Chloe reach the cliff then they noticed the Pokémon that was talking to Sunflora and Bidoof earlier waiting for them Chloe looks slightly confused. “Can we help you?” she asked politely.

Chloe looks at Chimchar and is surprised to see he was as white as a Snover.

“D…Dad?!”

To Be Continiued...

This is good so far, but you changed tense a few times, and you forgot a few commas. Other than that, it was great! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Chapter 2

Chloe looks shocked beyond belief. “Excuse me?!” Chimchar looks rather nervous.

“Dad wh...What are you doing here?!” He cries.

Infernape scowls.

“I was about to ask you the same thing!”

Chimchar backs of alittle Infernape always scares him when he’s in this mood (Then again he was always in this mood) but then finds his courage and steps forward.

“I…I’m part of an exploration team now and there’s nothing you can do about it!”

Chloe looks confused. What is this all about? Chimchar has a father? Chloe decides tp try and get some answers.

“Erm excuse me but I don’t quite understand. What does Chimchar mean by…?”

But before Chloe could finish Infernape gives her a dangerous look.

“You stay out of this!”

Chloe immediately steps back. Chimchar isn’t amused at all.

“Hey! You can’t talk to my friend like that!”

Infernape is now fuming.

“And what did I say about conversing let alone making friends with non fire types?!” Chimchar shrinks down to the ground. Chloe just looks even more shocked than before.

Only allowed to make friends with fire types? How unfair is that?

Infernape glares at Chimchar then roughly grabs the Relic Fragment that Chimchar always wore around his neck making the poor Pokémon gag alittle. “I see you actually managed to find this piece of junk” Chimchar looks away.

“It’s not junk.”

Infernape ignores him.

“You really are a stubborn child aren’t you?” He says sternly. “I’ve specifically forbidden you to join an exploration team and one day you weren’t in your room I’ve looked everywhere and recently I happen to overhear someone talking about a so called Team Firestorm and they happen to mention that a Chimchar with a scar was a member I had a feeling it was you and it looks like I was right”

Infernape lets go of the Relic Fragment releasing Chimchar who topples over.

“Don’t you know how long I’ve looked for you?!

Chimchar just glares.

“For what? So you can keep blaming me for what happened?!”

Chloe looks stunned.

“Huh? What happened?”

Infernape gives her another dangerous look.

“That is not of your concern!”

Chloe flinches. She starts feeling pretty angry. How dare this Infernape harass her best friend like this she desperately wants to step up and give him a piece of her mind but she’s afraid that she might just make things worse.

Infernape glares back at Chimchar.

“And don’t you dare talk back to me like that! You know very well that if you hadn’t disobeyed and….”

Chimchar isn’t taking anymore of this. He starts clenching his fists. The little Pokémon could feel his anger boil up inside of him and it’s now reaching breaking point he just has to let it out.

“No!! It was not my fault how was I to know she would follow me! Not to mention I was very young at the time! I admit if I hadn’t ignored your warnings she would still be here…”

Chimchar is now trying to hold back his tears but failing miserably.

“But that doesn’t make it right to remind me of that all the time! And I’m not letting you make my life a misery anymore!!!”

Infernape scowls. He was growing more and more furious with his son not only did he start an exploration team he was friends with an electric type Infernape has had enough he’s going to get Chimchar away from Chloe no matter what it takes.

“You are coming home with me right now!!”

Infernape makes a grab for Chimchar’s arm but he backs off.

“Back off! I’m part of an exploration team whether you like it or not!!!”

Then Chimchar just runs off the other way. Infernape sighs angrily and glares at Chloe

“You see what you did?!”

Chloe is now rather annoyed. Infernape sure finds it easy to blame others.

“No what did I do?” She asks irritated.

Just then Chatot arrived at the scene.

“Goodness gracious what’s all this about? I was on my way to let you know of challenge request only to nearly get run over by a seemingly upset Chimchar.”

Chloe explains everything to Chatot, about Infernape and about his “attitude”.

Chatot nods. “Hmm I see. Then we have abit of a predicament.”

Infernape grew tired of this.

“I am taking my son home! And you non fire types better not try and stop me!”

Chatot hops over to him.

“Now now there’s no need to be rude if you feel the need to take him home we can’t stop you but he seemed quite distressed when he dashed by me so at least let him have some time alone.

Infernape scowls but nods.

“Fine we will leave in the morning” and with that he went on his way.

Chloe feels really saddened.

“Chatot are you sure there’s nothing we can do?”

Chatot looks sympathetic.

“I’m afraid so if Infernape is Chimchar’s father then he still has authority over him.”

Chloe sighs sadly and looks in the direction Chimchar went.

“Chimchar….”

That evening Chloe went in search for Chimchar who had not returned yet which worried her. Chloe had a good idea where he could be and heads for the beach. As she guessed Chimchar is sitting on the sand watching the Krabby blow bubbles but not even that seems to be cheering him up right now. This worried Chloe even more because this scene always brought a smile to her partner’s face.

Chloe slowly walks up. Chimchar sensing someone was there looks up.

“Oh hi Chloe.” he says sadly.

Chloe looks really sad for him it was obvious from Chimchar’s eyes that he had been crying. Chloe sits down next to him and tells him what Chatot told her which didn’t help lift his mood.

“It’s not fair!” he shouts pounding his fists in the sand which scared away some of the Krabby.

Chloe sighs. She hates seeing her partner like this it’s really tearing her up inside she really wants to comfort him somehow.

“I know but maybe your mum can convince your dad to let you stay” Chloe says but immediately regrets it when Chimchar flinches and sobs slightly.

“Oh man I’m sorry I didn’t mean to open old wounds is that who you meant when…”

Chimchar cuts in.

“Look I don’t want to talk about it ok?”

Chloe nods.

“Ok I won’t force you but you might feel alittle better if you did.”

Chloe hopes Chimchar would talk to her as she doesn’t really understand why he is so upset over it. Chimchar sighs.

“Ok”

Chimchar looks at the sand. “You see… I don’t remember my mum much she died when I was very young.”

Chloe looks shocked.

“Oh man I’m so sorry!”

Chimchar looks sad.

“Don’t be it was my fault.”

Chloe looks stunned.

“Don’t say that! How can it possibly be your fault? You told Infernape that yourself!”

Chimchar sighs.

“You see back then I was full of energy curiosity always got the better of me my mum or dad always had to get me down of anything that was too high. I remember that my mum was quite happy saying I had great potential to be part of an Exploration Team one day but my dad wasn’t sure. Where I lived there was this huge craggy mountain my parents always warned me to stay away from it but then me and some other fire types were playing truth or dare.

You see my dad never let me even look at other types and someone dared me to climb that mountain. I don’t remember why I went along with it guess I didn’t want them to think I was scared or something. Anyway I was doing quite well I was getting tired around half way there but my friends were cheering me on so I toughed it out but When I was just few feet away from the top I realised how high I was. I got dizzy and slipped and hit my head on the side of the cliff.

I must’ve knocked myself out because the next thing I knew I was being carried home by an Exploration team. Apparently my mum saw me climbing up the mountain and went up after me. When she saw me falling she…”

Chimchar was now on the verge of bursting into tears.

“She jumped off after me! And she shielded me with her body to protect me from further harm I would certainly have died if it wasn’t for her. The exploration team were apparently called out too and were climbing up aswell by the time they realised what fell right by them it… it was too late!”

Chimchar buried his head in his knees sobbing.

Chloe just sits there sadly. “Oh Chimchar…”

Chloe feels terrible for him. Chloe guessed that must’ve been how Chimchar got his scar. Chloe puts her yellow paw on his shoulder to try and comfort him a little. She often does that whenever Chimchar was upset or scared. Chimchar looks up and continues.

“As you can guess my dad didn’t take the news very well and he was always blaming me for it telling me if I had listened to him and Mum she’d still be here so you see it was entirely fault!”

Chloe shakes her head she wasn’t going to let her partner and best friend beat himself up about this.

“No way! You didn’t know this would happen! You can’t blame yourself like this! You’re mum wouldn’t want that”

Chimchar sighs.

“I guess not.”

Chloe smiles,

Chimchar looks at the sea watching the last of the bubbles dance in the gentle breeze. After a short moment of silence he continues.

“Anyway since then my dad rarely let me out of his sight. But after being rescued by an exploration team I really wanted to join one. So whenever my dad wasn’t looking I’d go and explore areas like caves and cliffs. Not cliffs as high as that one of course. Anyway my dad always found me eventually these areas aren’t that big you see. When I said I wanted to join and Exploration team he went ballistic and forbidden me to even think about it. But that didn’t stop me. Then I found the Relic Fragment…”

*Flashback*

Chimchar is climbing up a rocky area above his home he soon reaches the top and looks around.

“Wow what an amazing view!” He chimes.

Chimchar walks around though finding nothing but rocks Chimchar sighed.

“As amazing as it is I guess there’s nothing up here.”

Suddenly Chimchar hears a booming voice.

“Chimchar! Get down from there this instant!”

Chimchar groans he had only been up here about 3 minutes and Infernape has already found him.

“Give me a break dad it’s not like I can easily hurt myself up here.” Infernape really isn’t in the mood for this today.

“You better be down in five minutes or you’re grounded!” And with that he was off Chimchar growled it wouldn’t be the first time he was grounded. Chimchar was about to throw a small rock in frustration when he stopped and looked. He hadn’t realised he was even holding a rock till now. On closer inspection Chimchar notices that there’s a peculiar pattern on it one Chimchar has never seen before. Chimchar thinks it looks pretty cool so he decides to keep it.

That night Chimchar sits on his straw bed in his small room simply staring at his new rock he decided to call it a Relic Fragment. He thought it looked very mysterious. His room was quite simple with stone walls and a window but not much else.

“What are you doing?!”

Chimchar jumps at the sound of his father’s voice and turns around hiding the Relic Fragment behind his back.

“Nothing,” He lies.

Infernape just glares. He could always tell when his son was lying.

“What kind of junk did you bring home now?”

Chimchar looks away.

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“Do you really want to do this the hard way Chimchar?” Infernape asks dangerously.
“Because I promise you it will get very ugly very fast.”

Chimchar sighs and hesitantly shows him the Relic Fragment which Infernape swiftly swipes from his hand.

“This?!” He barks. “You bring home nothing but a rock?!”

Chimchar growls,

“It’s not just a rock I’m sure of it! There’s a pattern on that rock it has to mean something!”

Infernape isn’t happy at all.

“Don’t you even think of starting that with me!!! You know perfectly well not to explore and take home anything that catches your eye! That’s what Exploration teams do!”

Chimchar just shouts back.

“But that’s the thing! I want to be part of an exploration team! And it’s not fair that you won’t let me! I’m not a baby anymore dad I can make my own decisions!”

Infernape is now really mad though slightly taken back as Chimchar never spoke to him like that before.

“Don’t you dare talk back to me! That is it mister! You are grounded until I see fit! And Infernape throws Chimchar’s Relic Fragment out the window and storms out. Chimchar looks shocked then glares.

“Fine! See if I ever speak to you again!!!” And Chimchar just lies down on his bed trying hard not to burst into tears.

He could hardly take this anymore his dad was always on his case and would blow up at poor Chimchar if he even remotely mentioned exploration teams.

It’s not fair! He thought to himself. How dare he refuse to let me join an exploration team! How dare he throw my Relic Fragment out the window! I hate him! I hate him!!!

Once Chimchar was sure that Infernape had gone to bed for the night he sneaks out of their house and looks around trying to find the Relic Fragment eventually finding it near some shrubs. Chimchar checks it over and is relieved to see it wasn’t broken. Chimchar begins to sneak back inside when a thought occurs to him. Going back inside would mean continuing his life of misery.

His father not taking his eyes of him and when he did it was never long till he found Chimchar and drags him home and grounding him most of the time. He hadn’t seen his friends much because of this they didn’t seem to even bother with Chimchar anymore. No one would miss him here. So without thinking twice Chimchar backs off and dashes away he doesn’t care where he ends up. He just couldn’t live here anymore.

* End Flashback*

Chimchar sighs. “And that’s how I ended up here.”

Chloe looks she had no idea that her own partner had such a depressing past. “Wow you must’ve been miserable there.”

Chimchar looks down. “You have no idea.”

Chloe looks at the sky the stars were starting to become visible and the air grew colder.

“It will be dark soon let’s head back home and try and get some sleep.”

Chimchar smiles sadly. “You go ahead I’ll catch up. Thanks Chloe I do feel better.”

Chloe smiles,

“Anytime,” Then she heads back.

Chloe wakes up really early the next morning she looks beside her but Chimchar is nowhere to be found. Chloe becomes concerned. Did Chimchar even come back at all? Chloe heads up the steps and looks around and is relieved to see that Chimchar is sitting on a patch of grass. Chloe looks.

“Everything ok...? Erm considering.”

Chimchar nods.

“Yeah couldn’t sleep so I thought I’d watch the sunrise one last time.”

Chimchar stands up and holds his hand out.

“I’ve made you something.”

Chloe looks and sees it was some sort of necklace with shell fragments.

“It’s beautiful!” She chimes.

Chimchar helps her put it on.

“It looks good on you” he says to her causing Chloe to blush slightly.

“Thank you.”

Then Chimchar looks sad and hugs her.

“I don’t want to go Chloe! I don’t want to leave you! I’ll miss you too much!”

Chimchar just sobs on Chloe’s non-existent shoulder.

Chloe hugs back.

“I know I’ll miss you too.”

Just then the sun rises Chloe and Chimchar watch. Chloe smiles,

“Just as beautiful as ever,”

Chimchar nods.

“Yeah,”

Then Infernape arrives looking at Chloe disapprovingly. Chloe quickly let’s go of Chimchar not wanting to anger him. Chimchar won’t even look at him. Infernape roughly grabs his arm.

“You get away from her!”

Chimchar growls and takes Chloe’s hand and looks at her with tear filled eyes.

“I’ll never forget you.” He whimpers.

Chloe nods close to tears herself.

“Same here,”

Infernape begins to drag Chimchar away.

“You’re coming home with me where I can keep an eye on you!”

Chimchar’s hand slips from Chloe’s and they were off. Chloe felt like her heart was ripped in two and one half was with Chimchar. Infernape then snaps Chimchar’s Relic Fragment off his neck.

“You’re not taking this!”

Infernape throws it into the sea. Chloe looks shocked and saddened watching them leave her sight.

To Be continued...

Chapter 3

In a mountainous region a young Chimchar is climbing a huge mountain. A small group of fire types are cheering him on. Suddenly the Chimchar looks down and starts feeling dizzy.

“No Chimchar don’t look down!” cries a voice. But Chimchar slips and falls…

“Wah!”

Chimchar sits up quickly and looks around panting. He is in his old room back at his house. The moonlight shines through the window. Chimchar sighs.

“Just a dream,”

Chimchar lies down sadly. They got “home” fairly late so Chimchar just went straight to bed without a word Infernape had informed Chimchar that he won’t be taking his eyes of him until he was sure he could trust him. Like that was ever gonna happen after Chimchar ran off to start an exploration team against his dad’s wishes he was certain that he would be grounded for eternity.

Chimchar stares out the window. The stars were shining brightly. Not much has changed since he left. Some of the resident Pokémon had evolved but that’s about it. Chimchar yawns and tries to get back to sleep.

“Chloe…”

Back at Sharpedo Bluff Chloe isn’t having much better luck sleeping she sits up and looks out at the sea she never slept alone before. Not that she could remember anyway. It’s an odd feeling. Since Chimchar left this morning Chloe didn’t really feel like exploring which Chatot totally understood thankfully and reassured her that she can get back at it when she’s fully ready. Sunflora and Bidoof apologised to Chloe over and over but Chloe managed to assure them that it wasn’t their fault and they couldn’t have known that this would happen and she would proberly have done the same in their position. Chloe lies back down and sighs.

“Chimchar…”

The next day Chloe wakes up yawning she most defiantly did not sleep well last night. She heads up the steps and into Treasure Town everyone is being very sympathetic patically the Kecleon Brothers saying how they had lost one of their best customers. Azurill was in tears apparently hearing what happened while Marill tried to comfort his little brother. Chloe brought Azurill an apple which cheered him up alittle bit.

Chloe then heads for the beach thinking that maybe some sea air would wake her up abit and was slightly surprised to see Manaphy who had just come back from his morning swim.

“Oh hi Manaphy,” Chloe chimes walking up to him.

Manaphy smiles,

“Hi Chloe,” Then Manaphy looked sad. “I heard what happened.”

Chloe smiles,

“Yeah like pretty much all of Treasure Town.”

Chloe looks out at the sea. “It’s weird. It’s like I can’t function without him. We’ve always been together and now that we’re apart I just can’t stop thinking about him”

Manaphy looks then giggles.

“Oh really?” He teases.

Chloe starts blushing realising what she said and flails her arms rapidly.

“Hey I’m not saying I have special feelings for him or anything because I don’t!”

Manaphy giggles again.

“Ok whatever”

Chloe sighs then looks back at the sea.

“I wish I could’ve held on to Chimchar’s Relic Fragment but Infernape threw into the sea now it’s probably lost forever” Manaphy looks then smiles.

“Not necessarily” He mentions.

Chloe looks a little confused.

“What do you mean?”

Manaphy giggles.

“Well I am a water type and Water types have the ability to breathe underwater”

Chloe looks amazed she felt embarrassed that she could forget that then gives Manaphy a slightly pleading look.

“Could you…?”

Manaphy smiles knowing exactly what Chloe wanted.

“Say no more”

Manaphy does an impressive jump and dives into the sea.

Chimchar walks out of his room yawning and rubbing his eyes. There’s a leaf with berries and Red Gummis on a stone table. Chimchar feeling pretty hungry sits on one of the stools and tucks into an Oran berry. Infernape walks in and looks his way.

“Sleep well?”

“Ok I guess…” Chimchar says trying to keep this as pleasant as possible since Infernape seemed to be in one of his rare good moods.

Suddenly a Flareon rushes up. Infernape invites her in.

“Infernape we have a situation.” She says and whispers something to Infernape.

Chimchar shrugs not really bothered if he knew what was going on or not and finishes off his Oran berry.

Infernape sighs tiredly.

“Again?”

Flareon nods.

“I’m afraid so.”

Infernape gets up.

“Ok I’ll sort it stay with my son until I get back.”

Chimchar groans silently Infernape really didn’t trust him alone at all. Infernape leaves the house and Flareon sits down. It was silent for awhile till Flareon decides to try and start a conversation.

“So erm you’re his son?”

Chimchar just nods.

Flareon smiles,

“It’s strange I don’t believe I’ve seen you around.”

“That’s because I was part of an exploration team until he found me and dragged me back here.” Chimchar groans sadly.

Flareon tries not to laugh.

“I’m not surprised that Pokémon has always hated Exploration teams for one reason or another.”

“It’s because they couldn’t save my Mum.” Chimchar says quietly.

Flareon feels a little guilty.

“Oh sorry,” She says.

Chimchar smiles probably for the first time since he came here.

“It’s alright.”

Flareon looks up. “What was your team called?”

“Team Firestorm” Chimchar tells her glad to at least has someone to talk to.

Flareon looks slightly surprised.

“Really? Wow you’re quite famous and your dad just dragged you away?”

Chimchar nods sadly.

Flareon sighs.

“This is not right.” She mutters.

Flareon thinks for a moment and then makes her decision.

“Go ahead make a run for it.”

Chimchar looks shocked this is the last thing he expected to hear. This Flareon who is supposed to keep an eye on him is telling Chimchar to run for it.

“What?! Really!?”

Flareon nods.

Yeah but not back to your team that’s the first place Infernape will look try and find somewhere to lay low for awhile first.”

Chimchar looks happy but then looks serious.

“You know Infernape won’t thank you for this.”

Flareon smiles. “I know but a little white lie never hurt anyone now hurry he’ll be back soon.”

Chimchar hugs Flareon thanking her then rushes out of the house being careful not to be seen.

Manaphy looks around the sea bed for the Relic Fragment. There is a lot of water Pokémon mainly Chinchou. Manaphy swims through the seaweed.

Hmm from what Chloe said the Relic Fragment should’ve drifted to this area. He thought.

He keeps looking until he comes across a rock unlike the others.

“That must be it!”

Manaphy swims up and holds it. It is indeed the Relic Fragment.

“Yeah I found it! That was easier than I thought it’d be.”

Manaphy began to swim back up but a tentacle grabs him.

“Hey what the?”

Manaphy looks behind him to see a Tentacruel. A very angry Tentacruel. Manaphy looks confused.

“Hey I don’t know what got you in such a bad mood but if you don’t mind I think I better be off before it worsens”

And then Manaphy uses Ice Beam on Tentacruel making him let go. Manaphy then uses Charm to lower his attack just in case then makes a “swim” for it. But Tentacruel wasn’t finished with Manaphy yet and swims after him. Manaphy swims up to the surface and Chloe looks his way.

“Did you find it?” She calls out.

Manaphy looks.

“Yeah but some one found me too.”

“Ohh it’s not your dad is it?” Chloe teases. Manaphy giggles.

“I sure hope not.”

The Tentacruel reaches the surface making Chloe jump.

“Yikes he’s a biggen isn’t he?”

The Tentacruel tries to use Poison Sting on Manaphy but he swims out of the way and uses Water Pulse and luckily confuses him. Then Manaphy uses Brine. Chloe watches a little worried then gets an idea.

“Hurry Manaphy out of the water!” She called out.

Manaphy nods and takes this chance to get back to shore and Chloe uses Thunderbolt on Tentacruel. This causes him to snap out of his confusion but not counting on an electric Pokémon interfering he retreats. Chloe sighs.

“Phew…Man hope I didn’t hurt any water Pokémon in there”

Manaphy smiles assuringly.

“There were mostly Chinchou and Lanturn in that area so it should be ok”

Manaphy holds up the Relic Fragment. “Good thing I didn’t drop this though huh?”

Chloe looks real happy and gives Manaphy a hug.

“You’re awesome Manaphy!”

Manaphy giggles.

“Oh it was nothing.”

Chloe takes the Relic Fragment and hugs it. Then she looks at the ocean. “But what made Tentacruel attack out of nowhere like that?”

Manaphy shrugs. “I wasn’t sure at first but it’s most likely because I wondered into his territory. They tend to get pretty grumpy if you do that.”

“It’s the least of your worries right now”

Chloe turns around to see where that voice came from.

“Cresselia?”

Infernape returned home slightly weary.

“That’s that sorted out.”

Flareon smiles trying not to look guilty.

“Great.”

Infernape looks around.

“Where’s Chimchar?” He asked noticing his son didn’t seem to be present.

Flareon looks innocent.

“Oh he noticed you were running low on Cheri berries so he went to find some” She said.

Of course Flareon had enough sense to check the supplies first. Infernape looks alittle displeased.

“And you didn’t accompany him?”

Flareon pretends to look concerned.

“No should I have?”

Infernape sighs.

“It would’ve helped yes.” He grumbles actually knowing there was really no point in getting angry at Flareon as he should’ve warned her to keep him in her sight. He is now starting to wish he did. He only had Chimchar back home for one night but only to have him run off again the next day.

“I should’ve known he’d pull a stunt like this I’ll go find him.”

“Do you think he went back to wherever you found him?” asks Flareon wanting to buy Chimchar more time.

Infernape shakes his head.

“No I doubt Chimchar will want to make it that easy for me to find him I’ll look around the area first chances are he’s hiding.”

Flareon looks concerned. It looks like her plan to stall Infernape had backfired. It’s like he read her mind and knew that she let him go she needed to warn Chimchar somehow.

“I’ll help you look” She said. “It’s my fault he’s gone.”

Infernape looks.

“It’s partly my fault too but thanks I could use the help.” And the twosome head out.

Chimchar climbs up a small ledge. He figures he is about a couple of miles from home now. Chimchar isn’t sure where to go. He definitely can’t go home, not yet. Maybe he could lay low at one of the lakes for a bit. Uxie Mesprit and Azelf are hardly there anymore and when they are they don’t mind visitors anymore since they no longer have Time Gears to protect. Chimchar hears footsteps behind him.

“Oh no, he can’t have found me already!” Chimchar moans.

He tries to find a place to hide but then there’s a huge earthquake making Chimchar topple over.

“Yikes!”

Infernape and Flareon who are only around the corner feel the earthquake too.

“Where in the world did this earthquake come from?” Infernape wonders aloud.

Flareon struggles to stay on her feet.

“I don’t know normally we get some sort of warning like ground Pokémon going berserk and the ones we passed by were acting quite normal to me.”

Infernape walks around the corner and sees Chimchar.

“Chimchar!”

Chimchar looks.

“Dad?!”

“Chimchar stay where you are! I’ll come to you!” Infernape calls clearly concerned for his son’s safety.

But just as he’s heading over, a huge fissure opens up over Chimchar. The little Pokémon grabs on to a foothold. Flareon looks terrified.

“Oh no! Chimchar!”

Infernape knows he has to act fast.

“Just hang on Chimchar!”

Chimchar looks scared.

“No I’m slipping!”

Then the foothold breaks and the poor Pokémon hurtles down.

“Yaaaaaa!”

Infernape could only watch.

“Noooooo….”

To Be Continued...

Chapter 4

Chloe and Manaphy follow Cressellia back to the Town Square. Everyone was there including the entire guild Chatot is trying to awaken Wigglytuff who had apparently fallen asleep with his eyes open again. Chloe looks around.

“Wow this must be real serious for everyone to be called out.”

Bidoof spots them and walks over.

“Hey guys glad you made it.”

“Hey Bidoof you know what’s going on?” Chloe asks curiously.

“Nope all I know is Officer Magnezone declared a state of emergency yup, yup.”

Chloe looks concerned. There wasn’t a meeting like this since the trouble with time.

“Wow then it is serious.” She mutters.

Cressellia nods.

“You have no idea.”

Cresellia hovers to the middle of the square.

“Thanks for coming out everyone as you know there’s an emergency. To put it bluntly Darkrai is quickly regaining his memory.”

The town instantly rings with gasps and screams which ironically shocks Wigglytuff awake. Chloe is probably the most shocked of them all.

“But…h..how is that possible?! You said that Darkrai will most likely never regain his memory I understand the possibility still existed but he couldn’t have regained his memory so soon with no warning!”

Cresellia feels guilty.

“I’m ever so sorry I’ve overlooked something and that something will make Darkrai more powerful than ever!”

Everyone is now in a state of panic Wigglytuff uses Hyper Voice to quiet them down. Cresellia thanks him and continues.

“Something happens about once a millennium something I didn’t count on. In three nights time it will be the Night of the Red Moon.”

Everyone just looks at each other utterly confused.

“Night of the Red Moon? What’s that?” Manaphy asks Cresellia.

“Well it’s when the moon turns red…obviously, but there’s more to it that. The red moon gives off a mysterious power which Darkrai can easily harness. If he is allowed to do that he’ll be almost unstoppable!”

Chloe looks nervous. This is terrible. She thought that the Darkrai she knew was gone for good. Everyone thought that. But it seems they were wrong.

“Now that’s what I call an emergency but it doesn’t really explain how he’s regaining his memory.” Chloe mentions.

Cresellia nods.

“Ahh yes well since Darkrai had lost his memory I thought I didn’t have to worry too much. But apparently a few days before the event the moon slowly starts giving off power somehow, and it seems it was enough to help Darkrai regain his memory, and now he plans to use this power as a last ditch effort to drown the world into darkness.”

Chloe is a little confused. Something didn’t seem right then after thinking about it abit Chloe figures it out.

“I’d of thought he’d want to try and get rid of me, you and Chimchar first.” She says

Cresellia nods.

“Yes but I think he has a new plan he must figure his mistake was trying to take us on all at once now he plans to get rid of us all one at a time. That’s what I believe.”

Chloe almost screams. Darkrai is most likely planning to pick them out. One by one, Chloe feels sick to her stomach and terrified.

“But that means Chimchar is in real danger! We need to find him before Darkrai does!” She cries.

Cresellia nods.

“I’ll accompany you there’s safety in numbers.”

Manaphy walks up to them.

“Let me go too I want to help Chimchar!”

Chloe looks concerned. Manaphy means well but he is still quite young despite now being able to live outside the sea with no ill effects and she was worried for his safety.

“I don’t know Manaphy it will be dangerous.”

Manaphy looks sad.

“But that’s what Exploration teams do! They laugh in the face of danger!”

Manaphy puffs out his little chest out trying to make himself look tough. Chloe couldn’t help but giggle slightly.

“Ok then Manaphy as long as you’ll be careful” She says.

Manaphy nods. “I will I promise”

Chloe gets herself prepared by getting plenty of Oran Berries and apples she also puts the Relic Fragment in the treasure bag to give to Chimchar when they find him. Chloe misses Chimchar very much and is now very worried about him.

What if Darkrai found him already? What if he’s…?

Chloe shakes the thought from her head and starts heading to the meeting spot. Chloe strokes her necklace that Chimchar gave her.

He’s fine. She thought to herself. I’m sure of it.

Chloe sees Cresellia and Manaphy waiting for her and joins them.

“Ok let’s do this!” She says and the trio head east.

Don’t worry Chimchar we’re coming!

*Groan*

Chimchar slowly opens his eyes. Its abit dark but it would be at the bottom of a crevice. Chimchar sits up holding his head which feels like a Snorlax stomped on it. Then yelps and holds his right ankle which was hurting quite badly. Chimchar figures that he must’ve have hurt it when he fell. He also has a pretty nasty gash on his left shoulder and a few cuts and bruises.

Chimchar looks around seeing nothing but rocks. Chimchar looks up. Thankfully the crevice wasn’t terribly deep but still quite deep and appears to be unclimbable, but he certainly wouldn’t be able to climb back up with his ankle in the condition it’s in anyway.

“Dad?! Flareon?!” Chimchar calls up but there’s no answer. He’s all alone. Chimchar shivers from the cold. Chimchar knows that he couldn’t stay so he pulls himself up trying not to put too much weight on his injured leg which he isn’t finding easy. Chimchar started limping off leaning on the wall of the crevice for support whimpering in pain.

….

Flareon and Infernape are looking for a way down the crevice. A Sandshrew pops out from the ground. “The crevice isn’t that deep so I’m sure no one was hurt too badly” He explained.

Flareon nods feeling ever so relieved.

“That’s great news thank you”

Sandshrew nods and went on his way. Infernape sighs.

“Well that’s something to be thankful for.”

Flareon nods.

“Yes now we just need to get down there and we’ll hopefully run into him.”

Infernape nods and they continue looking for a safe way down.

It is now evening. Chimchar is totally exhausted and his ankle and shoulder are hurting real bad now. Chimchar just has to sit down and rest so he flops down and sighs holding his leg. He has no idea whenever his ankle was broken or not but walking on it certainly isn’t doing it any good. Chimchar looks around everything looks the same to him. Is he really getting anywhere? He’s now starting to wish that he stayed home atleast then he wouldn’t be in this state. Chimchar shivers slightly.

“Oh dear looks like someone hurt himself.”

Chimchar looks up after hearing that familiar voice and finds himself shocked at who he sees.

“Wha……what?! Darkrai?! But...that’s impossible!”

Darkrai looks amused at Chimchar’s shock.

“I’m afraid you can’t get rid of me that easily.”

Chimchar stands up glaring. Darkrai hovers closer to him.

“And now that I have you all alone I can finally be rid of you”

Chimchar uses Flame Wheel but Darkrai dodges. Chimchar lands improperly because of his ankle and winces in pain.

“I wouldn’t bother.” Darkrai says. “You won’t last very long with those injuries.”

Chimchar turns around and growls.

“I’ll never give up!” he shouts determined.

Darkrai chuckles.

“You’re a stubborn one that’s a bad mistake.”

Chimchar uses Flamethrower but Darkrai deflects it back. Chimchar protects himself but still took a little damage. Chimchar growls and uses Fury Swipes.

Big mistake!

Darkrai uses Dark Pulse sending poor Chimchar flying a few feet.

Chimchar shakes badly his leg now feels like it’s gonna fall off. Darkrai hovers over to the suffering Pokémon.

“Well isn’t this a pathetic sight?”

Chimchar could only glare he wants to stand and fight but he couldn’t move he’s in too much pain how’d Darkrai get so powerful in such a short amount of time? Darkrai picks up Chimchar by the neck.

“Now let’s finish this” He says getting ready to use Dark Pulse at close range Chimchar tries to get free struggling to breathe but then his Blaze Ability kicks in and he manages to use Flame Wheel Surprising Darkrai to the point of dropping Chimchar who flops to the ground yelping slightly as his injuries throb even more. After that unpleasant landing Chimchar catches his breath and makes a dash for it despite the pain. Darkrai rushes after him but Chimchar luckily finds a crack in the wall small enough for him to get in but not Darkrai. Chimchar takes cover in there.

Please don’t let him see me… Please don’t let him see me the little Pokémon thought to himself.

Luckily Darkrai moves on passed Chimchar’s hiding place.

Chimchar sits down panting his ankle was now a right mess. The pain travelled all the way up his leg and up his right hand side too.

Well that wasn’t very smart of me. He thought to himself wincing in pain. Chimchar looks up at the sky sadly it’s now quite dark. He never felt so alone. Chimchar shivers. He is so cold and so scared, but this time Chloe isn’t here to comfort him like she always is. Chimchar buries his head into his knees and sobs.

Chloe Cresellia and Manaphy had decided to called it a night they had found shelter and tried to relax.

“I sure hope Chimchar’s ok” Chloe says suddenly.

Manaphy smiles.

“I’m sure he’s fine”

Chloe still looks concerned.

“But what if Darkrai found him already?” She says anxiously

Cresellia looks.

“If so Chimchar can hold his own pretty well so I’m sure he can ward Darkrai off until we get there”

Chloe smiles and nods,

“Yeah you’re right I should have more faith in him like he does for me”

Manaphy smiles too.

“Yeah that’s right!”

Chloe smiles too and lies down to get some sleep.

To Be Continued...

Hey good start Pikagirl! I agree, watch out for mismatching tenses, but other than that, solid work! I love your characterization of Chimchar. Anyways, keep up the good work. I'll be reading.

Hey good start Pikagirl! I agree, watch out for mismatching tenses, but other than that, solid work! I love your characterization of Chimchar. Anyways, keep up the good work. I'll be reading.

Thanks I'm glad you like it.

Chapter 5

Chimchar wakes up the next day. He has no idea how he even managed to get any sleep at all though he only managed a couple of hours as the pain not to mention the cold had kept him up most of the night. Chimchar is feeling totally wiped out which is unusual for him, but at least he’s safe from Darkrai for now.

Chimchar holds his ankle which was now pretty badly swollen He winces as even the slightest touch sends pain through not just his leg but his entire right side. Chimchar knew he couldn’t just stay in here forever and it’s been awhile perhaps Darkrai has given up.

Using all his strength Chimchar slowly and painfully squirms out of the crack and looks around. Seeing that the coast was clear Chimchar limps back the way he came so he won’t risk running into Darkrai. Doing this was a lot more painful than before but he presses on until he just couldn’t go any further and falls to the ground exhausted.

I’ll never get out of here Chimchar thought hopelessly.

Then Chimchar notices that someone’s there and takes a look.

It appears to be Chloe.

“Chloe?”

Chloe looks in Chimchar’s direction.

“Chimchar there you are man you look terrible.”

Chimchar laughs alittle.

“You don’t know how glad I am to see you.” He tells her.

Chloe walks up.

“I’m glad to see you too”

Chloe helps Chimchar up but then suddenly the poor Pokémon feels tremendous pain in his stomach and is sent flying into the wall. Chimchar slowly looks up only to see Darkrai.

“Hahaha! You are such a gullible fool”

It turns out that Darkrai somehow knew Chimchar would be coming and had shown him an illusion of Chloe to lure him close. Chimchar growls but is in too much pain to do much else.
“Y…..you’re a monster” He manages to say.

Darkrai pretends to look hurt.

“Ohhh dear am I?”

Then Darkrai roughly grabs Chimchar’s injured shoulder and pulls him up making the poor Pokémon wail in pain.

“You have eluded me for long enough” He says. “I think it’s time we ended this!”

Chimchar shudders, starting to feel dizzy from the pain.

This is it! He thought. I’m dead!

Darkrai suddenly starts looking thoughtful.

“But first….I think I’ll have a little fun.”

Darkrai uses Dark Void on Chimchar who soon fell asleep. Darkrai drops him to the ground.

“Now to give these new powers of mine a little test run.”

Then Darkrai starts glowing red and becomes some sort of red energy which seeps into Chimchar. Soon afterwards Chimchar opens his eyes which are now glowing red. The fire Pokémon looks him self over then speaks in Darkrai’s voice.

“Not bad though I must say when this brat wants to get himself hurt he doesn’t fool around.” Then Darkrai hovers up to the top of the crevice.

“Haha who needs legs when you can float,”

Chloe looks around the area. All there seems to be is rocks, rocks and more rocks.

“Ohhh where could he be?” Chloe asks clearly concerned.

Manaphy looks around too.

“He has to be around here somewhere”

Cresellia hovers a little higher to try and spot him. “I believe I see a town.” She says.

Chloe beams.

“Awesome that might be where Chimchar is!”

Chloe dashes off before Cresellia could say anything else.

“Deary me she’s always been quite a hasty one.” Sighs Cresellia.

Chloe looks around the town there are mainly houses made of stone and very little plant life. It’s also very warm here most likely because of the fire type residents. After what seems like an eternity Chloe spots a Charmander.

“Hey excuse me….”

Chloe begins to ask but Charmander yelps and dashes off as if he‘s scared of her. Chloe sighs.

“This is Chimchar’s old town alright.”

Chloe looks around some more but anyone she comes across seems to avoid her though some of them give her apologetic looks so Chloe figures that they just don’t want Infernape to get wind of this. Chloe then sees a Blaziken. She cautiously walks up. Blaziken looks in her direction.

“Hello Miss can I help you with something?” He asks politely.

Chloe smiles relieved to meet a fire type here who would talk to her.

“Maybe you can I’m looking for a Chimchar with a scar on his forehead you haven’t seen him have you?”

Blaziken looks thoughtful.

“You must mean Infernape’s son who just recently came home well their house is just up that way.”

Blaziken points north. “But I must warn you Infernape has a morbid dislike for as he calls them “Non-fire types.”

Chloe nods.

“Ha ha yeah I heard thanks”

Chloe then heads north. Cressellia and Manaphy aren’t far behind.

“Wait for us!” Manaphy calls.

Darkrai who is still in control of poor Chimchar hovers to the top of the ledge.

“Ahhh that’s better isn’t it? Uhhh….but these injuries are getting troublesome.”

Then by an amazing stroke of luck Darkrai discovers an Oran tree. He hovers over and picks an Oran berry.

“Just what I need.”

Dark eats it up healing most of Chimchar's injuries. His ankle isn’t quite healed although it’s much better than before. Then suddenly Chimchar holds his head as if trying to break free from Darkrai’s control but Darkrai regains control and snickers.

“Now don’t start playing difficult you should just be grateful I healed your injuries up abit.”

And with that Darkrai hovers to the town.

“I sense you’re friends are nearby why don’t we pay them a visit.”

Chloe finds Chimchar’s house.

“I think I’ve found it.”

Chloe peeks inside the house without entering. There’s a stone table and stools. The leaf with berries and Gummis on top from yesterday still sit on the table but other than that there seems to be nobody around.

“Hello? Chimchar?” She whispers.

“What are you doing here?!”

Chloe nearly jumps out of her fur and turns around to see a very unamused Infernape with Flareon right next to him who is giving Chloe an apologetic look.

Chloe sighs.

“Oh Infernape where’s Chimchar?”

Infernape scowls.

“I wouldn’t tell you even if I knew!”

Manaphy plops up.

“You don’t know where your own son is?”

Infernape simply swats him.

“Don’t you talk to me in that tone non-fire type!”

Chloe steps in. She isn’t about to stand there and watch Infernape do that to one of her friends.

“Hey there was no need for that he’s young!” She shouts.

Flareon walks up.

“She’s right you know”

Infernape growls.

“Flareon don’t you say a word to them!”

Flareon looks irritated. She is really getting tired of Infernape’s hatred to other types. It isn’t fair on anyone including other fire types.

“Would you stop being such a drama queen!?” She exclaims.

Infernape just grunts at Flareon’s comment.

Flareon turns to Chloe.

“I’m sorry about him I’m guessing you’re Chimchar’s partner?”

Chloe smiles and nods, happy to meet another friendly fire type,

“That’s me maybe you can tell us where Chimchar is?”

Flareon looks sad. She doesn’t know how to break this to Chloe who was standing there eagerly waiting to know the location of her best friend. Flareon sighs knowing she has no choice. Chloe has the right to know even if it’s bad news.

“The last we saw him he got caught in an earthquake and fell down a crevice we we’re looking for a safe way down but we had no luck so we were coming back here to get a rope so we could climb…”

But before Flareon could finish Chloe shrieks.

“What do you mean he fell down a crevice?!?!”

Flareon recoils a little at the noise then speaks up.

“It wasn’t a terribly deep crevice I’m sure that if you two managed to save the world twice Chimchar would easily have survived the fall.

Chloe is now in a full state of panic.

“Bu….but what if he’s really hurt?”

Flareon gives Chloe a comforting look. She understands how Chloe must be feeling right now she would feel the exact same way in Chloe’s position. Flareon walks up to Chloe and smiles.

“We’ll find him don’t worry”

Manaphy looks really upset. He’s worried about Chimchar too. Cresellia also looks concerned.

“Chimchar…”

Then suddenly Chimchar walks up to them. Or at least it seems to be Chimchar.

“Hey there guys” Darkrai says in Chimchar’s voice.

The very second Chloe sees Chimchar she dashes up to him and hugs him tightly much to Infernape’s disgust.

“Chimchar thank goodness you’re ok!”

Flareon sighs with relief.
“I second that”

Infernape walks up practically tossing Chloe aside then thwacks Chimchar on the side of the head.

“You stupid STUPID child!! Don’t you know that you could’ve been killed back there!? We were beside ourselves with worry! And when you make it back here all you have to say is hey there!?!”

Flareon steps up. She isn’t about to let Infernape give his son this kind of treatment it totally isn’t fair and she isn’t standing for it any longer.

“Infernape that’s enough!”

Infernape glares at Flareon.

“He needs to learn Flareon!”

Suddenly Chimchar’s eyes start to glow red again. Cresellia was the first to notice this.

“Infernape Flareon, get back now!!” She cries.

Infernape scowls at Cressellia. Did that Pokémon really try to order him around? He wasn’t about to do what she said that easily.

“Don’t you dare tell me what to do!!” He bellows.

But then Flareon notices the possessed Chimchar ready his Focus Punch and head butts Infernape out of the way.

Chloe looks a little uneasy. Chimchar doesn’t normally act like this. He’s normally a kind and gentle Pokémon, but he is acting different now and it’s making Chloe nervous. She walks up cautiously.

“Err Chimchar?”

Chimchar turns to Chloe with an evil grin and speaks in Darkrai’s voice.

“Guess again.”

Chloe and Cressellia are now shocked beyond belief.

“It’s Darkrai!” They yell in unison.

To Be Continued...

Chapter 6

Everyone is in a state of shock. Chimchar the Pokémon they were all looking for is now standing right in front of them. This may seem like good news but the fact is Chimchar is now possessed by none other than Darkrai. Chloe slowly walks up.

“Chimchar…”

But then Infernape pushes Chloe away and glares at Darkrai looking outraged.

“Look buster! I don’t know who or what you think you are but you had better release my son right now!!!”

Flareon dashes up.

“Yeah let him go!”

Chimchar (Darkrai) looks thoughtful.

“Hmm…..no I don’t think I will. To see the look on this kid’s face when he realises that he practically got rid of Chloe and Cresellia with his own hands is just to tempting to pass up”

Chloe starts shaking from anger. How dare Darkrai does this to her best friend it is downright unforgivable of him Chloe really wants to teach him a lesson but she’s afraid that if she attacks she could hurt Chimchar.

“You monster!” She growls.

The possessed Pokémon pretends to look depressed.

“Awww come on I already got called that once today”

Cresselia didn’t look amused either.

“Darkrai I never thought it was possible but you have reached a new low”

Manaphy starts dashing to Chimchar.

“Let Chimchar go you big bully!”

Chloe pulls Manaphy to her. She didn’t want him to get hurt.

“No Manaphy stay back!” She cries.
Darkrai looks in Chloe’s direction and smirks then slowly walks towards her.

“How about I start with you”

Chloe is now feeling really scared.

“Chimchar… noooo”

He readies his Focus Punch.

“Don’t waste your breath he can’t hear you”

Manaphy pulls out of Chloe’s grip and uses Water Pulse sending the possessed Pokémon flying but he manages to stop himself. Chloe’s in shock.

“Manaphy what are you doing?!”

Manaphy looks sad.

“Sorry Chloe but I think this is the only way we can help Chimchar”

Cresselia nods.

“I’m gonna have to agree”

Infernape scowls. He isn’t about to let them do this to his son.

“Have you both gone bonkers?!”

Flareon looks at Infernape.

“They know what they’re doing Infernape!”

Darkrai growls at Manaphy.

“You little pest!”

hewas about to use Fury Swipes but Cresselia quickly uses Psychic to immobilize him.

“Blast you Cresselia!” He growls. He hadn’t anticipated that being in Chimchar’s body would cause him to lose his immunity to psychic moves.

Cresselia turns to Chloe.

“Now’s your chance, use an electric attack to drive Darkrai out!”

Chloe looks at Cresselia then at Chimchar.

“I……I can’t!”

Manaphy looks confused.

“Huh?”

Chloe sobs.

“That’s Chimchar, my partner….my best friend….I….I can’t hurt him!”

Cresselia looks sympathetic.

“I understand how you feel Chloe I didn’t want to do this either. I know it’s hard but if you really cared for Chimchar wouldn’t you want to help him escape Darkrai’s clutches?”

Chloe looks then sighs. She knows that Cresselia is right but knowing that doesn’t make it any easier. She and Chimchar were together for as long as she could remember…literally. It just doesn’t feel right to attack him.

“Yes I would do anything to help him but…..it seems so wrong” Chloe says shaking.

Darkrai smirks then speaks in Chimchar’s voice.

“Chloe you wouldn’t really hurt me would you?”

Chloe now looks utterly terrified.

Cresselia glares at Darkrai.

“Why you... How dare you play mind games with her!!”

Infernape and Flareon just stand there not completely sure whenever to step in or not.

“Those two must really care for each other” Flareon mentions suddenly. “I wouldn’t be surprised if they become more than just friends”

Infernape growls.

“Don’t even kid about such a thing Flareon! Chimchar knows perfectly well that I wouldn’t allow that!”

Suddenly the possessed Chimchar breaks free from Cresselia’s Psychic then uses Flame Wheel on Chloe sending her flying into one of the houses. Manaphy and Cresselia were flabbergasted.

“Chloe!!”

Manaphy dashes to Chloe’s side.

“Are you ok?!”

Chloe shakily stands up her left side looks severely burned.

Manaphy looks really upset.

“0hhh man that looks painful.” He says sadly.

Flareon is now fuming.

“Alright I’ve had enough!”

She charges at Chimchar with a Bite attack but Darkrai easily dodges it.

“You’re gonna have to do better than that”

Suddenly Chimchar holds his head and falls to his knees.

Now everyone is really confused.

Chloe just watches unsure of what to do. Then Chimchar looks up and appears to be looking into Chloe’s eyes.

“H….help me….”

Chloe looks stunned but then Chimchar’s eyes start glowing again and Darkrai regains control.

“Hahaha he is a stubborn one”

Chloe just stares then growls.

“Alright that’s it Flareon is right! Enough is enough! You’re getting out of my friend right now!” Chloe then uses Quick Attack to get over to Chimchar so fast that he hardly noticed and holds on to him.

Darkrai struggles to break free.

“Grrr unhand me you….!”

Chloe keeps hold and looks determined.

“Hang on Chimchar!”

Chloe then uses Discharge.

Darkrai took the pain for as long as he could but it was becoming too much and had no choice but to leave Chimchar’s body. Chloe stops her attack and Chimchar falls to his knees exhausted. Chloe looks concerned.

“Chimchar are you ok?”

Chimchar opens his eyes which now appear normal then looks at Chloe.

“Ch…Chloe?”

Chloe looks elated and hugs him.

“Welcome back!”

Chloe suddenly winces and holds her arm. Chimchar then notices the burn marks and literally bursts into tears. He never felt this guilty in his entire life Chloe got hurt and it’s all because of him.

“Ohhh no! Chloe I’m so sorry! I….I didn’t mean….it’s all my fault!!!”

Chloe looks sad and holds him.

“No no it’s ok Chimchar it wasn’t your fault at all. It wasn’t you who did this to me it was Darkrai.”

Chimchar looks at Chloe with tear filled eyes.

“Ch…Chloe…”

Manaphy skips up to Chimchar happily.

“Don’t worry about it we’re just glad to have you back”

Infernape then just has to ruin the moment and pushes Chloe and Manaphy aside.

“You alright?” He asks Chimchar though not really in a concerned tone.

Chimchar looks down unable to meet his father’s gaze.

“Yeah I’m fine”

Infernape pulls his son up but then Chimchar winces a little. Infernape quickly let’s go.

“What is it?” He asks.

Chloe looks confused.

“Chimchar what’s wrong?”

“Nothing just my ankle,” Chimchar says. “But it’s much better than earlier.”

Then suddenly everyone is reminded of Darkrai’s presence when he charges up to them.

“You will all pay for this!!!” He bellows. I am getting rid of each and everyone of you!!!”

Darkrai then glares at Chloe.

“Starting with you!!!”

Darkrai fires a Dark Pulse at Chloe which seems more powerful than usual. Probably because it’s now getting dark and the Night of the Red Moon is now just one night away. Chimchar looks terrified.

“No Chloe!!!”

Without thinking twice Chimchar dashes into the path of the Dark Pulse and gets hit by the attack intended for Chloe. Everyone is flabbergasted even Infernape.

“Chimchar!!!” He cries.

Chloe screams at the top of her lungs.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

To Be Continued...

Sorry for the wait guys but here's chapter 7

Darkrai was astonished. It happened again. Just like when Chloe and Grovyle were time travelling. Only this time the roles were reversed. During the time travel incident Chloe shielded Grovyle but this time it was the partner, Chimchar who shielded Chloe.

Chimchar falls to the ground but Infernape quickly catches him.

Chloe was now shaking like a leaf.

“Chimchar….why?...Why did you do that?!”

Chloe could only stare at the unconscious Pokémon in Infernape’s arms with tears streaming down her face. She couldn’t believe this was happening and desperately wishes it was all just a nightmare. Chloe then growls and glares at Darkrai.

“Yoooouuuu….”

Darkrai just snickers.

“Oh well I may have intended to get rid of you first but it seems your partner quite rudely cut in line. But don’t fret Chloe because your turn is next!” Suddenly a blinding light appears in front of Darkrai blinding him temporarily. Chloe looks confused. Where did that Flash attack come from? But then something grabs her paw. Chloe turns around and sees Shaymin.

“Hurry this way! Quick while he’s still frazzled!”

Chloe looks then smiles.

“Shaymin!”

Infernape groans. “Not another one!”

Chloe sighs.

“Don’t mind him Shaymin he has a bit of an attitude problem”

Infernape grunts ignoring Chloe’s comment.

“Fiiine lead the way”

Shaymin nods and heads off as the others follow.
Once Darkrai regains his vision everyone had escaped.

“Blast it!”

Everyone is now taking refuge inside a well hidden cave. Shaymin sighs.

“This should do it Darkrai won’t find us anytime soon here.”

Chloe is still amazed” But how did you get here? And how did you know what was happening?”

Shaymin smiles.

“Oh your guild friends were more than happy to fill me in I just thought you could use a little help so I flew here in my Sky forme but of course when the sun started setting I reverted to my land forme so I had to run the rest of the way. “

Then Shaymin sadly glances at Chimchar who was now lying on a straw bed.

“But it looks like I was one Pokémon too late.”

Chloe sighs sadly. She sadly glances at Chimchar too. She still couldn’t believe what he did. He took an attack that was meant for Chloe and now Chloe feels just terrible and wishes she stopped him but it just went by so fast that Chloe didn’t know what happened until it was too late.

“It wasn’t your fault Shaymin” She says.

Then Chloe shakes in anger.

“It was that Darkrai!”

Manaphy had tears in his eyes and whimpers. He couldn’t believe this was happening one of his best friends got hurt and he feels like it was his fault even though he knew it wasn’t. He wants to help somehow but doesn’t know what to do.

Just then Chimchar starts to open his eyes.

Shaymin looks his way.

“Hey look who decided to rejoin us” She teased.

Chimchar slowly sits up. His head was pounding a little.

Chloe then walks up to him. Chimchar looks.

“You ok Chlo…?”

*KER-SLAP!!*

Manaphy is totally shocked. Cresselia is shocked too but somehow slightly amused. Shaymin almost screams. Flareon was now struggling to hold back an enraged Infernape. Chimchar sits there holding his now red cheek. Chloe shakes with tears in her eyes.

“You moron! What did you go and do that for!? You could’ve been killed! How do you think I’d have felt about that huh?!”

Chimchar looks down feeling terrible for making Chloe worry about him.

“I’m sorry Chloe but…..I couldn’t let him hurt you”

Chloe sighs sadly.

“Oh Chimchar….”

Flareon decides to try and change the subject now that she managed to convince Infernape not to pummel Chloe.

“Oooook since it’s quite late now how about we eat something then try and get some sleep. We’ll devise a strategy for Darkrai tomorrow.”

Everyone nods in agreement. Flareon then gives an Oran berry to Chimchar.

“Here you go this should help you feel better.”

Shaymin then walks up to Chloe.

“Oh right we should get those burns of yours healed too.

Shaymin then uses Aromatherapy on Chloe healing her burns. Chloe smiles,

“Thanks Shaymin.”

Shaymin giggles.

“No problem.”

Later that night Chloe wakes up needing a drink of water but notices that Chimchar wasn’t there, Chloe looks around concerned.

“Chimchar?”

Chloe looks outside and sees Chimchar sitting on a rock looking at the sky Chloe and Cresselia had explained everything to him about how the night of the red moon was tomorrow night and that they need to do something to stop Darkrai from harnessing its power. Chloe walks up.

“Chimchar what are you doing out here?”

Chimchar looks.

“Nothing really I couldn’t sleep so I thought I’d get some fresh air.”

Chloe smiles,

“Well be careful we don’t want Darkrai finding us yet.”

Chimchar nods smiling back.

“Yeah I hear ya.”

Chloe begins to walk back but then stops and turns around.

“Hey Chimchar I’m sorry I hit you earlier guess I got a little over emotional.”

Chimchar smiles,

“No harm done besides we’ve had worse.”

Chloe giggles.

“Hehe guess so. You know this thing with Darkrai makes saving the world from paralysis seem simple”

Chimchar nods.

“Yeah now that I think about it”

Chimchar looks at the sky again with a hint of sadness.

“It makes me think of Grovyle”

Chloe nods feeling a little sad herself. She sits down next to Chimchar.

“Hey Chimchar you ever get the feeling that Grovyle is still out there somewhere?” She asks.

Chimchar looks at his friend confused.

“Huh what do you mean Chloe?

Chloe shrugs.

“I don’t know it’s just this feeling I get. That Grovyle is out there somewhere along with everyone else from the future, it’s like he is actually trying to tell us he’s ok. You ever get that feeling Chimchar?”

Chimchar thinks and nods.

“Yeah I kinda feel that way too. Maybe he is out there.”

Chloe smiles then yawns.

“Well I better get back to bed don’t you stay up for too long ok?”

Chimchar nods.

“Yeah ok.”

Chloe begins to walk back. She looks down feeling kinda funny what was this strange sensation? It feels like her stomach was tied in a knot. She’s been having this feeling for sometime now she couldn’t possibly…

Chloe then accidently in her little daydream walks right into the wall of the cave.

“Ouch!”

Chimchar looks and couldn’t help giggling a little.

“Watch your step Chloe” He teases.

Chloe rubs her sore nose blushing like crazy.

“Haha I…meant to do that” she lies.

Chimchar gives her a cheeky grin.

“Haha ok whatever.”

Chloe walks into the cave entrance still blushing slightly.

“Thinking of someone?”

Chloe looks up and sees Flareon just sitting there with an amused grin on her face.

Chloe was now beat red.

“Flareon? How long were you up?”

Flareon smirks.

“Long enough”

Chloe looks away trying to hide her red face.

Flareon giggles.

“Come on now I know that look. You have a thing for Chimchar don’t you?”

Chloe flinches.

“Do not” she says trying not to wake everyone up.

“I….I can’t….I mean….I was human I can’t fall for a Pokémon”

Flareon nods.

“Yes was human. But now things have changed.”

Chloe looks down blushing.

“But still there’s no way I could……you know “like” Chimchar if I was human in the first place”

Flareon giggles.

“Right you keep telling yourself that.” She teases. “But just remember this:
Love knows no boundaries.”

Then Flareon yawns.

“Well big day tomorrow we should get some sleep” Chloe nods then goes to the watering hole for a quick drink which was what she got up for in the first place then goes back to her bed and lies down thinking about what Flareon said. Could she really be falling in love with Chimchar? Chloe covers her eyes blushing. She was really confused. She was a human from the future. A human how could she love a Pokémon? Chloe decides to just try and get some sleep for now though this wasn’t an easy thought to get out of her head.

The next day everyone was getting prepared to leave Chloe looks through the Treasure Bag then sees something in there. It was Chimchar’s Relic Fragment. All this excitement made Chloe forget all about it. Chloe picks it up.

“Hey Chimchar!” She calls.

Chimchar looks and walks up to Chloe.

“What is it?” He asks.

Chloe smiles and gives him the Relic Fragment.

“Here you go I’ve kept this safe for you.”

Chimchar holds it utterly amazed. He never thought he’d see this again Chimchar looks at Chloe shaking slightly.

“But…How in the world did you get it back?!”

Chloe smiles,

“You can thank Manaphy for that.”

Chimchar looks really happy.

“Wow.”

Chloe smiles glad to see that this made Chimchar happy.

“Oh yeah how’s your ankle?”

“Much better” Chimchar says hopping on his once injured ankle to show Chloe how well it’s healed.

“See? It’s like I never hurt it.”

Chloe smiles,

“That’s great.”

Then Chimchar hears Infernape coming in and quickly hides his Relic Fragment back in the treasure bag. He never wants to lose it again. Infernape enters the cave.

“Ok Come along Chimchar We’re going home.”

Chimchar looks shocked.

“Wait what…?”

Infernape looks stern.

“We’ve spent enough time with these non-fire types they can go get themselves killed for I care but I’m taking you home where it’s safe,”

Flareon looks completely appalled by this. Hasn’t Infernape learned anything today? His stubbornness is really starting to get on her last nerve.

“Infernape how could you say such things!?” She shouts.

Cresselia speaks up.

“I mean no disrespect Infernape but we could use Chimchar’s help on this one”

Infernape scowls.

“I don’t think so! Chimchar was nearly killed because of you lot! He is coming home with me and that’s final!”

Chimchar backs off.

“No.”

Everyone looks at Chimchar with surprised looks on their faces. Chimchar just stands there looking determined.

“What did you say?” Infernape asks dangerously.

Chimchar looks into his father’s eyes.

“No I’m not.”

Everyone just stands there flabbergasted at Chimchar’s boldness. Was he really disobeying his father? Flareon stands there quite impressed but Infernape didn’t look amused at all.

“You really are stubborn aren’t you?” He says. ”Why can’t you understand! I’m doing what’s best for you!”

Chimchar growls.

“No you’re not. You’re doing what’s best for yourself!”

The cave rings with gasps. Chloe stands there shocked though silently cheering Chimchar on. It was great that the little Pokémon was standing up for himself.

Chimchar looks down. He just doesn’t want to live like this anymore he had to make his father understand.

“Dad, I understand that you hate exploration teams but I don’t. I want to be part of one and I am. Why can’t you just accept that? Just let me live my own life!!!”

Before Infernape could object any further Chimchar grabs the treasure bag and dashes outside. Chloe looks and rushes after him. Cresselia sighs.

“We better get going.”

Infernape just glares. Flareon steps in.

“For goodness sake Infernape just let them do this!”

Flareon turns to the others.

“You all go ahead I’ll catch up” Cresselia nods and heads out followed by Manaphy and Shaymin.

Chimchar was sitting just outside Chloe walks up to him and puts a paw on his shoulder.

“Chimchar forgive me for saying this but that was awesome” She says clearly impressed.

Chimchar smiles,

“I feel kinda bad but…it had to be said.”

Chloe nods.

“I think so too I just didn’t think it would be you who says it.”

Chimchar laughs a little then takes his Relic Fragment out of the Treasure bag and puts it on.

“That’s better I feel like me again.” He says.

Chloe looks then blushes.

“I’m glad.”

Chimchar looks at Chloe then blushes too. Then Chloe and Chimchar find themselves looking into each other’s eyes.

“Are you two love birds ready?” Chloe and Chimchar jump and turn around to see Shaymin who giggles. Chloe and Chimchar both start blushing even more.

“H…hey what do you mean by that?” Chimchar says.

Chloe nods.

“Y..yeah we’re not love birds we were just talking.”

Shaymin giggles.

“Ok whatever hey Chloe do you happen to still have that Gracidea flower my friend gave you the other day?”

Chloe nods.

“Erm yeah I think so.”

Chloe looks in the treasure bag and pulls out a very pretty pink flower.

“Yep here it is.” She says.

Shaymin smiles she gives it a sniff and instantly changes into Sky Forme.

Manaphy looks impressed he’s never seen this before.

“Wow neat.”

Shaymin flies up.

“Ok let’s go.” Everyone nods and heads out.

Infernape glares as he watches his son leave.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
It's really nice but in chapter one how you described Chloe after she woke up was so amazing I wish I could have been there to skecth the moment and by wish... I wish I had the skills to sketch something that amazing.

You've got yourself a fan here. :) I like the characterization of Infernape and Flareon. Sometimes building characters from scratch can be tough; you've done a great job though!

Awwww thanks. :) I'll have the next chapter up soon just gotta tidy it up abit. :)

Chapter 8

Infernape is just sitting there looking furious.

“What is the world coming to? I can’t believe my own son just up and left with those non-fire types!”

Flareon looks annoyed.

“I for one don’t blame him!”

Infernape growls,

“What do you mean by that?!”

Flareon sighs.

“Chimchar was right you know. The only reason you won’t allow him to be part of an exploration team is because of your own hatred for them you need to let Chimchar make his own decisions and accept what he chooses! Or you’ll lose him again.”

Infernape looks a little disturbed by that then looks outside. Flareon sighs.

“I think it’s time to face facts. Your son is growing up.”

The gang are now heading towards a huge mountain. Ironically the same one that Chimchar climbed years ago. Chimchar looks down trembling from the memory.

“M….mum…” He whimpers.

Chloe looks and puts her paw on his shoulder. Cresselia looks up.

“If we climb this mountain it will be easier to spot Darkrai.”

Manaphy looks concerned.

“But wouldn’t it be easier for Darkrai to find us too?”

Chloe smiles, it does seem silly but it would be easier looking for Darkrai up there than wondering around aimlessly looking for him.

Cresselia nods.

“That’s true let’s go”

So everyone starts climbing. Well Shaymin flew up and Manaphy held on to Chloe’s back.

Half way up Chimchar starts shaking. Chloe understands why. Not only was this mountain pretty high but it’s also where he lost his mother. Chloe tries to encourage him.

“Come on Chimchar you can do it.”

Chimchar smiles a little.

Chloe returns the smile and carries on climbing. Chimchar watches feeling himself blush. Shaymin flies next to him.

“Awww I think someone’s in loooove” She whispers cheekily.

Chimchar blushes like mad.

“What no way! ….That’s not possible”

Shaymin smirks at Chimchar’s attempt to cover it up.

“Haha come on now you can’t fool me.”

Chimchar avoids Shaymin’s gaze.

Shaymin giggles.

“Sounds like before admitting it to Chloe you need to admit it to yourself. Well see you at the top”

Then Shaymin continues to fly up. Chimchar looks then continues climbing but now he’s really confused. How could he love Chloe? She’s a human…from the future trapped in a Pikachu’s body. Chimchar isn’t even sure what everyone back home would think. What would his dad think?

The gang make it up to the top ledge unable to climb any further. It’s around the afternoon and Manaphy is looking down in search of Darkrai. Chloe walks up.

“You see anything Manaphy?” She asks.

Manaphy shakes his head.

“Not yet but Shaymin went off to look further seeing as she can fly so hopefully it won’t be too much longer”

Chloe nods then walks back to the middle and sits down, everyone’s taking in turns to keep watch so they’ll all have a chance to relax abit before the final battle. Chloe has a stretch and looks around. She sees Chimchar sitting on the other side of the ledge. Concerned Chloe walks up and sits with him.

“You feeling, ok Chimchar?” She asks.

Chimchar looks and nods.

“Yeah just…thinking,”

Chloe looks.

“About what?” She asks curiously.

Chimchar shrugs.

“My mum and….”

Chimchar blushes.

“Well you know.”

Chloe looks then feels Chimchar hold her paw. She’s never seen him this thoughtful since that time he was considering disappearing after Darkrai appeared to them disguised as Cresselia telling them they would ruin the world if they didn’t. It’s worrying her.

“You think we can actually do this?” Chimchar asks. “I mean you know defeat Darkrai again?”

Chloe blushes and nods subconsciously squeezing Chimchar’s hand.

“Yeah of course, we did it before we can do it again.”

Chimchar smiles,

“Yeah you’re right.”

Chloe smirks and gives Chimchar a playful shove.

“Of course I am”

They both laugh.

Chloe smiles sweetly.

“Wow Chimchar you’ve changed a lot I mean back when we first met you were so timid and shaky but look at you now you’ve become a really confident explorer who never says no to adventure.”

Chimchar blushes hard.

“R…really?”

Chloe nods.

“Yeah at least that’s what I think.”

Chimchar looks up at the sky. Chloe is someone special indeed. Chimchar feels really happy around her. He felt like this ever since they were looking for a way back home from the future. Maybe he does love her. But how can that be possible?

“Chloe…?”

Chloe looks.

“Yeah, what is it?”

Chimchar looks then blushes.

“Oh nothing,”

Chloe blushes and giggles,

“You’re so silly sometimes.” She teases.

Chimchar blushes.

“He he…Maybe I am.”

They look into each other’s eyes. Then their faces grew closer and closer until…..

*KA-BOOM!*

“Yaaaaaa!!!”

Chimchar gets thrown back then sits up looking scared.

“Chloe!”

Chloe was now dangling from the edge hanging on for dear life. Chimchar rushes up and pulls Chloe to safety.

“Are you ok?” He asks.

Chloe nods still a little shaken.

“Y….yeah I think so.”

Everybody else dashes over to see what happened including Shaymin who had just come back.

“Where did that Shadow Ball come from anyway?!” Chimchar wonders aloud.

Then as if on cue Darkrai hovers up.

“Looks like I’ve finally found you”

Chimchar looks shocked and growls.

“Darkrai!”

Chloe growls too. Darkrai hovers closer to the pair.

“Enough of these games!” He exclaims. “It’s time to finally be rid of you all!”

Manaphy dashes up and uses Ice Beam.
Darkrai dodges and grabs the small water Pokémon. Chloe looks scared.

“Manaphy!”

Chimchar growls,

“Let him go!”

Darkrai snickers.

“If you say so,”

Darkrai shockingly lets Manaphy go who starts falling down the mountain. Chloe and Chimchar are horrified.

“Manaphy!!!” They both cry out. Shaymin dashes down.

“I’ve got him!” She calls.

Shaymin flies down as fast as she could and manages to catch Manaphy just feet from the ground. Shaymin smiles,

“You ok Manaphy?” She asks.

Manaphy nods.

“Yeah, thanks to you”

Shaymin is relieved but then notices that it’s starting to get darker Shaymin looks up at the sky and to her horror sees that the sun was beginning to set.

Chimchar looks terrified.

“Oh no! The sun’s going down! Chloe we need to end this now!!!”

Chloe nods,

Shaymin looks sad.

“Sorry Manaphy but we’re gonna have to stay down here I’ll never make it back up in time”

Manaphy sighs sadly, looking worried.

Chloe growls,

“This is it Darkrai! You’re finished!”

Darkrai just sneers.

“Oh am I?”

Chloe dashes up and uses Iron Tail.

“Yes you are!”

Chimchar looks nervous.

“Chloe be careful!” He cries.

Darkrai easily dodges the Iron Tail but Chloe isn’t about to give up and uses Thunderbolt scoring a direct hit. Darkrai is now seeing red.

“That does it! Time to do something I should’ve done a long time ago!”

Darkrai grabs Chloe by the neck. Chimchar goes pale.

“No! Put her down!” He cries.

Darkrai snickers and throws Chloe into the mountain wall hard who then falls to the ground not moving.

Chimchar looks utterly horrified!”

“Nooooooo!!! Chloe!!!”

Chimchar rushes to her side.

“Chloe speak to me, please!”

Darkrai looks amused.

“Well that felt good you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that!”

Cresselia looks nervous.

“This is bad he is already starting to draw power from the red moon”

Chimchar trembles then glares at Darkrai with tear filled eyes.

“You monster!! I’ll never forgive you!!!”

Darkrai just laughs.

“Oh what a shame I’ll never live this down” He sneers sarcastically. Chimchar turns to Cresselia.

“Cresselia keep Chloe safe” He says.

Cresselia looks shocked.

“But Chimchar…there’s no way you can defeat him on your own now!”

Chimchar gives Cresselia a serious look.

“Cresselia please,”

Cresselia looks slightly taken back but nods. She picks up Chloe with Chimchar’s help and hovers to the other ends of the ledge.

Chimchar turns his attention back to Darkrai.

Darkrai snickers.

“Alright then little firebug ready for round 2?”

Chimchar jumps up and uses Flame Wheel, but Darkrai easily deflects it throwing Chimchar back. The little Pokémon gets up and growls.

Darkrai uses Dark Pulse and Chimchar just barely dodges it and uses Flamethrower. Darkrai gets out of the way and hits Chimchar with Shadow Ball. Chimchar struggles to stand up after that one. Darkrai really is becoming more powerful. Darkrai snickers.

“Looks like your time is up” He says pointing at the sky.

Chimchar looks up and to his horror he sees that it’s now nightfall and can clearly see that the moon is a crimson red.

Cresselia is now more terrified than she’s ever been before.

“Chimchar get out of there now!!!” She screams.

But before Chimchar could do anything Darkrai uses Dark Void putting the little Pokémon to sleep. Darkrai laughs.

“Haha talk about déjà vu! But don’t you worry possessing you is a mistake I won’t make again! So instead I’ll try something else.”

Chimchar just lies there fast asleep though also appears to be suffering from a nightmare most likely due to Darkrai’s Bad Dreams ability. Darkrai then places his hand on Chimchar’s head and uses Dream Eater. Chimchar starts wailing in pain. Cresselia looks angered. She couldn’t just hover there and let Chimchar suffer but just as she is about to step in Darkrai gets hit by a Mach Punch sending him flying a few feet.

“Blast it! Where did that come from?” He says completely astonished. When he looks in Chimchar’s direction he gets his answer.

Infernape is now standing protectively in front of Chimchar.

“You stay away from my son!!!” he booms.

To Be Continued...

Chapter 9

Darkrai is indeed surprised to see Infernape.

“What?! When did you get here?!” He shouts.

Chimchar awakens from his slumber. He sits up and is astonished to see his father right in front of him.

“D…Dad?! What are you doing here?!”

Infernape looks.

“I was looking for you.” He says simply.

Chimchar looks away.

“Oh.”

Infernape walks up and puts his hand on Chimchar’s shoulder.

“Look I still don’t agree with your decision but if it will make you happy I’m willing to accept it.”

Chimchar looks at Infernape in complete shock.

“Re…really?!” He cries.

Infernape nods.

“Yes I realise that I haven’t really been fair to you since the accident I made you feel like it was all your fault. I’ll tell you now, that wasn’t my intention it wasn’t your fault it never has been and I’m sorry I made you feel that way. If you really want to be part of an exploration team then I guess I can’t stop you. So you do your best for your old man got it?”

Chimchar could only stare with tears in his eyes.

“Dad….”

Chimchar suddenly hugs Infernape and sobs slightly.

“Thank you” He whispers.

Infernape feels a little awkward as his son never hugged him before but hugs back.

“Ok enough with the mushy stuff!” They hear Darkrai say.

“It’s time I finished this”

Infernape turns to Chimchar breaking the hug.

“What do you say we turn this into a father-son fight?” He asks.

Chimchar smiles,

“Got it dad!”

Chloe slowly opens her eyes and looks around.

“Owww my head”

Cresselia looks.

“Ahh welcome back.” She greets.

Chloe sits up and looks.

“Cresselia?”

Chloe looks around.

“Where’s Chimchar?”

Cresselia looks in Chimchar’s direction.

“He’s over there”

Chloe looks and sees Chimchar and Infernape looking ready to take on Darkrai. Chloe begins to dash over. She won’t let Chimchar get hurt again.

“Chimchar!” She cries. But Cresselia blocks her. Chloe looks sad.

“Cresselia Chimchar is gonna need help!”

Cresselia just smiles.

“Just let the two of them handle it.”

Chloe looks a little confused.

“The two of them?”

Darkrai hovers closer.

“So any last requests?” He asks evilly.

Infernape looks.

“Just one, could we possibly do this on the ground rather than this mountain ledge? You see mobility is quite restricted up here and I think it’s time for a fair fight.”

Darkrai laughs.

“It doesn’t matter where we battle I’ll toast you both! Alright I’ll humour you. We’ll do this on ground level.”

And with that Darkrai hovers down. Cresselia hovers over.

“I’m impressed Infernape Darkrai doesn’t normally take requests. He must be confident now that the moon is red”

Infernape nods.

“Yes I’ve noticed.”

Chimchar nods then sees Chloe walk up and his face lights up.

“Chloe! You’re ok!”

Chloe smiles,

“Yeah apart from a splitting headache I’m fine.”

Chimchar gives Chloe a big hug.

“I’m so glad! You had me scared for a moment.”

Chloe returns the hug.

Infernape looks.

“Well we better get down there before Darkrai grows impatient.”

Everyone nods and with Cresselia’s help head down the mountain. Darkrai is waiting for them.

As soon as they land they see Flareon Shaymin and Manaphy.

“Hey glad to see you guys are ok.” Shaymin says happily.

Chloe smiles,
“We’re fine but you guys better keep back this could get ugly.”

Darkrai snickers.

“Ohhh don’t worry Chloe as soon as I’m rid of these two you lot will be next!”

Chimchar growls,

Darkrai prepares himself.

“Well let’s get started shall we?”

Chimchar jumps up and uses Flame Wheel. Infernape catches him then throws him into Darkrai.

Chloe looks amazed.

“Wow! That was clever!” She says.

Darkrai doesn’t look happy at all.

“You’ll pay for that!”

He tries using Dark Pulse but Chimchar gets out of the way. Infernape uses Flare Blitz hitting Darkrai head on but of course suffers recoil damage. Chimchar looks concerned.

“Dad you ok?”

Infernape stands up.

“Yeah I’ll be fine”

Chloe watches anxiously. She really wanted to help Chimchar mainly because they always worked as a team. But she figured that this was the best way to do it.

Suddenly Darkrai Charges towards them Chimchar and Infernape barely got out of the way. Chimchar growls,

“Man he’s not fooling around. Not anymore.”

Darkrai is now fuming.

“You will both pay for that!”

Darkrai sent a shockwave at Infernape sending him flying into a cliff wall.

“Dad!!” Chimchar cries and starts to rush to him but Darkrai hovers in front of him and swats him away like a Combee. Chimchar was sent flying a few feet and landed painfully on the ground skidding abit. Chloe looks scared.

“Chimchar!”

Darkrai slowly hovers to Chimchar.

“Hahaha there was no need to rush I was gonna take you down first anyway!”

Chimchar tries to get to his feet but is too shaken up.

Darkrai starts powering up the strongest Shadow Ball Chimchar has ever seen he knows that if this attack hit him it was all over.

“Say goodnight!” Darkrai shouts as he throws the Shadow Ball. Chloe starts dashing up.

“Chimchar get out of there!!!”

Chimchar could only brace himself for the impact it’s too late to dodge now.

Suddenly Chimchar felt someone’s arms wrap around him and a grunt of pain as the Shadow Ball hits them. Then Chimchar hears Chloe and Flareon scream in unison.

Chimchar slowly opens his eyes dreading to see what happened and to his horror he sees Infernape gripping protectively to him.

“Wha….D…Dad!?”

Shaymin is literally shaking.

“Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!”

Manaphy hides behind Cresselia obviously disturbed by what happened.

Cresselia could only hover there stunned.

Infernape looked at Chimchar.

“You…ok little buddy?”

Chimchar looks scared.

“I…I’m fine…but what about…”

Before Chimchar could finish Infernape falls to the ground.

Chimchar could feel tears forming in his eyes.

“Dad! No! Hang on!!!!”

To Be Continued...

I am so cruel lol.

I know sad or what?

Chapter 10

Everyone is now shocked beyond belief. Even Darkrai didn’t expect this. Chloe stood there shaking. She could hear Manaphy whimpering behind Cresselia.

Flareon is trembling herself. She just witnessed her friend take a devastating attack for his son. And things weren’t looking good at all.

Chimchar is probably the most shaken up of them all.

“D….Dad …just...hang on….”

Infernape looks up at his son smiling.

“It looks like I won’t be hearing any of your exploration stories…”

Chimchar whimpers.

“Don’t say that!”

Chimchar tried to smile but it’s very hard.

“You’ll be back on your feet bossing me around in no time…”

Infernape couldn’t help but laugh.

“I don’t believe it the one thing I hated…Was what helped you grow up…”

Chimchar trembles terribly.

“D…dad don’t…You’ll be fine I’ll…Take you h...home I’ll take care of you…You’re…”

Tears start to spill down Chimchar’s face knowing deep down that it‘s hopeless.

“You’re gonna be ok!!!!!!”

Everyone could only watch tearfully. Flareon slowly walks up and tries to put a paw on Chimchar’s shoulder.

“Chimchar…”

But Chimchar swats it away.

“No! Don’t say it!”

Chimchar shakes in both sadness and anger.

“He’ll be fine…”

Chimchar feels someone stroke his head then looks down at Infernape.

“Chimchar can you promise me something?”

Chimchar nods and holds his father’s hand.

“Yeah”

“Chase your dreams become a great explorer…for me do you promise?”

Chimchar eyes well up even more as he nods.

“I love you” He manages to croak out.

Infernape smiles tearing up himself.

“Same here….buddy”

Suddenly Infernape’s hand goes limb.

Chimchar looks and let’s go of his hand which just falls to the ground.

“Dad?...Dad…DAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!”

Chimchar starts sobbing uncontrollably.

Flareon backs off with tears pouring from her eyes.

“Noooo oh no”

Chloe stood there wiping tears from her eyes.

Shaymin tries comforting Manaphy who was now bawling.

Chloe slowly walks towards Chimchar and tries to hold him but Chimchar just pushes her away.

“Nooo!! Go away!! Just leave me alone!!!!!!” He shouts sobbing his heart out.

Chloe feels a little hurt but she hates seeing Chimchar like this. It’s tearing her up inside. Chloe walks up to try again.

“But Chimchar…”

“I said go away!!!”

Darkrai who is silently watching this sad scene laughed.

“Awww is the little Chimchar missing his daddy?” He asked in a mock sympathetic voice. “Well don’t you worry you’ll be joining him soon.”

Suddenly Chloe hears a growl from Chimchar who looks up and glares at Darkrai. Something inside him snaps. His eyes have gone cold sending chills down Chloe’s spine.

“Yooooouuuuuuu……” He growls.

Darkrai looks intrigued.

“Well well looks like someone is ready to go.” He says.

Chloe looks scared and grabs Chimchar’s arm.

“No Chimchar you don’t stand a chance!”

Chimchar gives Chloe a very dangerous look.

“Back…off!” He says dangerously.

Chloe intimidated lets go and backs off. Chimchar had never spoken to her like that before. It’s scaring her.

Chimchar then glares at Darkrai.

Then the two charge at each other Chimchar uses Flame Wheel hitting Darkrai head on but he grabs him and throws him at the mountain. Chimchar manages to land on his feet and being the agile climber his species are starts climbing and then uses Flamethrower from a ledge Darkrai dodges and uses Dark Pulse hitting the poor Pokémon who falls from the ledge and onto the ground. Chloe begins to panic.

“Chimchar!”

But Chimchar manages to pick himself up and charges at Darkrai with Fury Swipes.

Everyone on the sidelines could only watch amazed.

I don’t believe it!” says Cresselia. “Chimchar is actually giving Darkrai trouble.”

Shaymin looks.

“I think I know why. It’ll be sunrise in a few minutes the red moon must be fading, along with Darkrai’s extraordinary powers.”

Chloe looks nervous. Her best friend was fighting for his life out there. She wasn’t about to let him do it alone.

“I got to help!”

Chloe began to dash up but Cresselia stops her.

“No Chloe this is Chimchar’s battle.”

Manaphy looks sad.

“But…he might need help.”

Cresellia looks at Manaphy

“If Chimchar gets into trouble we’ll step in but right now Chimchar is fighting to avenge his father. We need to respect that.”

Manaphy looks down and nods. Chloe sighs.

“You’re right I just hope Chimchar can at least hold Darkrai off until sunrise.

Darkrai then manages to grab one of Chimchar’s wrists and throws him at the other end of the clearing. But Chimchar manages to land on his feet then uses Flamethrower. But Darkrai dodges and uses Shadow Ball. Chimchar jumps out the way and lands on the side of the mountain. Darkrai charges after him but Chimchar climbs up near the top with Darkrai in hot pursuit.

Chloe looks up amazed.

“Wow look at them go”

Chimchar makes it to the top ledge dodging Darkrai’s attacks but Darkrai soon has Chimchar cornered. Chimchar stands there panting completely exhausted.

“Well well I must admit you put up quite a fight this time.” Says Darkrai

“But this is the end.”

Chimchar looks up and growls.

“No…it’s…not!”

Then Chimchar starts glowing a fiery red. It’s his Blaze ability. Chimchar then uses a powerful Flame Wheel sending them both off the cliff and straight into a smaller one .

Everyone is flabbergastered.

“Whoa! Did you just see that?!” Cried Shaymin.

Chloe dashes over to the wreckage.

“Chimchar!”

Darkrai manages to get the rubble off of him and hovers up. He sees Chimchar just a couple of feet away lying deathly still. Darkrai snickers.

“Well I must say you surprised me there. But now it really is the end.”

But then Darkrai notices that the sky is getting brighter. He turns around and to his horror the sun is now rising.

“What?! No! I was so caught up on disposing of these trouble makers I lost track of time now it’s too late! The Red Moon is gone for another Millennium!”

Darkrai then glares at Chimchar and picks up the limb Pokémon by the neck and roughly pulls him out of the rubble.

“You cost me my future of darkness yet again!” He roars. “Now I’m personally making sure that you are disposed of!” but just then Chloe charges in and hits Darkrai with her Iron Tail.

“Get your hands of him!!” She yells.

Darkrai glares and chucks Chimchar to one side.

“Fine! Then you’re going down first!”

But then Manaphy, Cresselia, Flareon and Shaymin all arrive to back Chloe up.

Darkrai snarls he knows that he is outnumbered and without the Red Moon he won’t stand a chance.

“Looks like I have no choice but to retreat for now. But I will return!”

“Oh no you don’t!” Cresselia yells and uses Ice Beam which leaves Darkrai frozen.

Manaphy looks amazed.

“Wow brutal.”

Cresselia couldn’t help but giggle.

“Don’t worry he won’t remain frozen forever. But I’ll be sure to put him away in a place where he can’t cause any more harm.

Flareon nods still a little in shock of what happened.

“Good you do that.”

Everyone looks up and sees that Chloe is already at Chimchar’s side and is holding him in her arms.

“Chimchar talk to me…are you ok?”

Flareon trembles.

“Oh no…not him too.”

Chloe shivers and feels tears welling up in her eyes.

“Oh no Chimchar come on…wake up please…You can’t do this!”

Chloe hugs him and sobs.

“Chimchar… Don’t go…I love you.”

Then suddenly Chimchar starts coughing and opens his eyes.

“Chloe?”

Chloe looks up and smiles widely.

“You’re alive!”

Chloe hugs Chimchar not realising she is squeezing him a tad too hard.

“Ow ow oww OWWW” Chimchar cries and Chloe immediately lets go.

“Oh I’m sorry!” She says.

“It’s ok” Chimchar says sadly and looks at the ground.

Chloe looks at Chimchar sadly and slowly puts her paw on his shoulder.

“Chimchar are you gonna be…”

Before she could finish Chimchar flung his arms around her and starts sobbing uncontrollably into her fur.

Chloe looks and holds her friend in comfort tearing up herself.

Chimchar trembles.

“It...It’s all my fault! If I had…just moved…”

Chloe looks into Chimchar’s eyes.

“No! It wasn’t your fault! You had no idea this would happen! You can’t blame yourself!”

Chimchar looks then huddles closer to her and just keeps sobbing. Chloe simply holds him close rocking him.

_

Everyone is now sitting in the second floor of the guild Cresselia already told the guild members about the events and they are all astonished and saddened by the news.

“Oh my gosh I don’t believe it!” Cries Sunflora. “I can’t imagine what poor Chimchar must be going through right now.”

Chloe then walks in from the crew rooms.

“Well he’s finally fast asleep.” She says.

Bidoof nods.

“That’s good he could use a nap right now yup yup.”

Chloe nods in agreement.

“Man…I’m still in shock over this.”

Shaymin looks sad.

“I think we all are.”

Chloe sits down next to Manaphy.

“Hey hey hey so where’s Cresselia now? Asks Corphish.

“She’s finding a place where Darkrai can’t cause anymore trouble.” Answers Chloe.
“But I thought we heard the last of him last time so who knows if it’ll last.”

Later Chloe heads back to the guild after heading to the Kecleon market to buy some Oran berries for Chimchar. Just as she was gonna enter the Guild Bidoof plods up.

“Hey Chloe is Chimchar with you?”

Chloe looks confused and worried at the same time.

“No isn’t he in our old room?” She asks.

Bidoof looks sad.

“Well he was but not anymore he must’ve snuck out while we weren’t looking.

Chloe is worried but has a good idea where he went.”

“Ok you take the Oran berries in Bidoof I’ll go look for him.”

Bidoof nods.

“Will do yup yup.”

Chloe then heads down the steps and to the beach. Sure enough Chimchar is there watching the Krabby blow their bubbles.

“Hey Chimchar!” She calls rushing over.

Chimchar looks in her direction.

“Chloe?”

Suddenly Chloe trips over something and begins to fall but Chimchar rushes up and catches her. Chloe looks up and her and Chimchar’s eyes meet they quickly look away blushing. Chloe slowly looks his way again.

“Oh man Chimchar don’t scare me like that I thought you ran off.”

Chimchar looks down feeling bad.

“I’m sorry I just needed time to think.”

Chloe nods.

“I can understand that.”

Chimchar sadly looks at the sunset.

“I…just can’t believe he’s gone”

Chloe put a paw on his shoulder.

“Me either…I’m really sorry Chimchar”

Chimchar sighs.

“Don’t be. “

They both state at the sunset in silence for awhile. After what seems like forever Chimchar speaks up.

“Did you mean what you said Chloe?” He asks.

Chloe looks.

“Of course no one should have to lose a parent like that.” She says.

Chimchar looks.

“No I don’t mean that. Back then by that mountain you said you...I mean did you really mean that.”

Chloe starts blushing wildly realising what Chimchar was talking about.

“Oh..You heard that…?”

Chimchar nods slowly.

“So…Erm did you mean it?”

Chloe blushes more and looks down feeling really awkward.

“Erm…well…”

Chloe thinks hard she didn’t want to hurt Chimchar’s feelings but isn’t sure if she wants to admit hers. Does she even have feelings for him after a minute or so she realises that she does.

“Y…yes I did I…guess I was more admitting to myself then though I had no idea that you heard I’m sorry you must feel so awkward…” before she could finish Chimchar strokes her cheek.

“I don’t” He says softly. “I love you too.”

Chloe looks up shocked.

“Y…you do?”

Chimchar nods.

“I do but it took me until now to fully realise it. I wasn’t gonna tell you because I thought you’d feel awkward.”

Chloe blushes and smiles,

“When we were pursuing Darkrai Flareon told me this: Love knows no boundaries.”

Chimchar smiles edging closer,

“I think she’s right.”

Chloe also edges closer.

“Me too”

And the two share a tender kiss. The Krabby suddenly start blowing more bubbles as if celebrating. After a few minutes the two parted and stare into each other’s eyes.

“I think the guild can wait a little longer.” Says Chloe.

Chimchar nods stroking Chloe’s hair.

“Yeah” And they sit side by side holding each other’s hands and Chloe resting her head on Chimchar’s shoulder as they watch the sunset together. Chimchar knew he won’t fully get over losing his father but also knew that Chloe will always be there to help him through it.

Epilogue still to come...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom