• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PMD: Realm of Sutekh (Sign-Ups Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Simm

The Real McCoy
Reaction score
attachment.php

Chenzira Desert, 1921
A budding team of archaeologists slowly swing their pickaxes against the hard sandstone. The sun is hot on their blue-grey skin. Sweat is dripping off their brown ridges. The work is hard, but at least the pay is good. The pickaxes hit the rocks, when suddenly, a glowing green symbol appears in front of them.
An eye.
A single eye...

--

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, you are wandering across the streets of Hibou Village. You have a quickly scribbled note in your hands (paws/mouth/etc) with directions to the Hibou Guild. You have been invited to join the guild as a rookie with several other Pokemon as part of a program by the Eastern Guild Federation. You will achieve great things, find great treasures, and go further than any Pokemon before you.

Rules
If you have read the rules put the word "inchworm" somewhere inside your Sign-Up sheet.
  1. No godmodding. I am in charge of all NPCs, and other players are in charge of their characters. You don't get to make other characters say or do what you want them to.
  2. Your Pokemon does not know everything you do. If someone is about to hit you in the back, you can't magically dodge it. I will allow Psychic types to have minor telepathy (e.g. knowing if there is another Pokemon very close to them, etc.) but nothing more.
  3. No sexual references. You're allowed to have a crush on another Pokemon, but not allowed to get into bed with them. You know what I mean.
  4. No expletives. "Damn" and "Hell" and "Crap" and stuff like that are fine, but don't start getting to %$&$# and $(&^$#!, etc. I'd prefer it if you don't just put in &%#$#@# and then censor it, because it basically means the same thing. (We all know what sh*t means)
  5. If you ACTUALLY read the rules, put the word "malachite" inside your post. Feel free to put in "inchworm" as well, just to mess with people who didn't read these.
  6. If you want to do something REALLY game-changing, like leave the guild or get possessed, please PM me and WAIT FOR A RESPONSE before posting it.
  7. Your Pokemon is not invincible. It will get weaker if it continues to take damage, to the point of not being able to fight. You WILL need to prepare for such situations before entering a dungeon.
  8. You are limited to two Pokemon per user, to save confusion.

Form
Name:(What are you called? First names or nicknames are fine.)
Age:(How old are you, human terms? 12-16 only, please!)
Gender:(Male? Female? Normally Genderless Pokemon need genders too!)
Species:(What type of Pokemon are you? Basics only please, and make sure they have mobility on land. Also, preferably use small pokemon. I don't think an Onix is going to be able to fit inside the guild)
Appearance:(This can be pretty brief. All you have to do is describe the difference between your Pokemon and the regular appearance of that species.)
Personality:(What is your Pokemon like? Is it friendly? Try to make it at least a paragraph (5 sentences) long.)
Background:(Where did your Pokemon live? Why did it want to join the guild? Try to make it at least a paragraph (5 sentences) long.)
Other:(Something didn't fit in the other categories? Want to ask/tell me something?)

Player List
Ivy (Deerling) by @Lucius;
Poe (Drifloon) and Sigmund (Nosepass) by @Blathers;
Xinxiu (Mienfoo) by @Master Simm;
Nava (Natu) by @Clef;
Max (Riolu) and The Scorpion Queen (Zorua) by @xelda57;
Deandre (Totodile) by @AmazingCrobat;
This'll be open until we get an adequate amount of players. I'll try to get my sign-up up by Wednesday:sweatlol:​

Last edited:
Re: PMD: Realm of Sutekh (Sign-Ups Currently Open!)

Name: Ivy

Species: Deerling

Appearance: Ivy has what I like to call O.S.S or Opposite Season Syndrome. This basically means that she has her Spring coat in Autumn, Summer coat in Winter, Autumn coat in Spring, and Winter coat in Summer. She also has very small horns coming in pre-evolution.

Personality: Ivy is tomboyish, hot-headed, and is very opposite to her general species. When a stranger approaches, she doesn't run away like most Deerlings and instead would stand her ground. Ivy is also pretty stubborn and it's nearly impossible to make her do something she doesn't want to do. Aside that, she has a strong connection to nature and she gets VERY angry when she sees someone deliberately hurting the environment. She's a bit Cocky and isn't afraid to challenge someone stronger or larger than herself.

Background: Obviously, she would live in a forest. Growing up, she wasn't popular, but she wasn't an outcast either. She was accepted into the herd like everyone else and made several friends. Because of her nature, others would joke that she was half Bouffalant, which actually is true (since her mother was one of the few Sawsbuck who bred outside of the herd, but Ivy still has yet to know that). When one of her friends was being teased by a juvenile group of outsider Pokemon, Ivy had stood up to them only to become the new target of the teasing. They had called her weak due to her species, and out of anger tried to fight them. They easily outnumbered Ivy and fought back even harder as her friend ran back to the herd for help. After that incident, Ivy was set on making herself stronger, and thus joined the Guild.

Other: What season will the RP start out in? You know, so that we can get an idea of what she would look like at that time. Also, Malachite.

Last edited:

Inchworm

Name: Poe (Sometimes jokingly called 'The Balloon')

malachite

Species: Drifblim

Appearance: Poe looks fairly ordinary. However, Poe once found a small top hot that had been left by it's previous owner, and he decided to wear it himself. It's a wonder how the hat even stays on, what with all the wind so high in the sky.

Personality: Poe is very friendly, often putting trust in people only a short while after he has met them. This can lead him to be rather naive. Poe is also mildly claustrophobic; he doesn't like tight spaces that hinders his movement, and will choose to stay outside if he can.

Background: Like many Drifloon/Drifblim, Poe has spent much of his life simply letting the breeze gently guide him around the land. Poe has a family like most pokemon do, but it is not often that he sees his mother or father, let alone any other of his kind. Their society is a scattered one. Their members are thinly distributed across the world and they don't commute much with others of their own kind. But they are happier this way. Their species is a species of travelers, not liking to be tethered to any individual spot for too long. Poe has seen a lot of the world, even at such a young age.

However, when Poe discovered the guild, he decided to visit as he was curious as to what lay inside. After learning about the guilds and what their duty was, the young Drifblim actually chose to stay. This is something uncommonly seen among their race. Poe wanted to experience the excitement of the guild. He wanted to experience the companionship and sense of unity. However, Poe suspects that one day he will tire of working in the guild. On that day, he may simply drift off and let the wind carry him off like in the days of old.

Other:

@Lucius; @Blathers;

Accepted.
Heh, I guess that means I'll have to write mine now :sweatlol:

EDIT:
Other: What season will the RP start out in? You know, so that we can get an idea of what she would look like at that time.
Forgot about this :p
The RP will start in Autumn, and Hibou is a mildly temperate town, so there will probably be a bit of snow in the winter. There is also a dungeon for each season, and an extra one for Summer, but that's highly classified.

Last edited:

Name: Xinxiu, (Pronounced "Shinshu" or Xin for short (Pronounced "Shin")
Species: Mienfoo
Appearance: Basically a regular Mienfoo, except for a large growth of hair over his left eye.
Personality: Xinxiu is a joker. He enjoys making bad jokes, pulling pranks, and just being "funny" in general. He's usually seen as "irresponsible" but he's really just trying to hide his own emotions. He knows he's annoying and makes bad jokes, but he doesn't care. More serious Pokemon may view him as "a nusiance" but he can be a great friend.
Background: Xinxiu grew up in the Malachite Dojo, to the north of Hibou City, where he was raised after his parents were killed by bandits. He was seen as "the Class Clown" and a bit of an outsider, as nobody knew of his sad past except for him and the Sensei, an old Medicham. The students of the dojo, majority of which were Tyrogue, called him the "Wonder Weasel" because of his stoat-like appearence, not knowing that this upset him. Eventually, he grew tired of the dojo and set off for the world, without telling anyone. After wandering south for a bit, he arrived at the Eastern Guild Federation and signed up, after which he was drafted to Hibou City's.
Other: Inchworm

@Lucius; @Blathers;

Accepted.
Heh, I guess that means I'll have to write mine now :sweatlol:

EDIT:
Other: What season will the RP start out in? You know, so that we can get an idea of what she would look like at that time.
Forgot about this :p
The RP will start in Autumn, and Hibou is a mildly temperate town, so there will probably be a bit of snow in the winter. There is also a dungeon for each season, and an extra one for Summer, but that's highly classified.

Thanks! :)

Name: Nava
Species: Natu
Appearance: Nava is very similar to a normal Natu, although she is blind in her left eye and it has turned light blue. There is a thick black outline on her eyes that looks much like an Egyptian eye.
Personality: Nava is a pessimist, but she likes to think of herself as a realist. She is an oracle of the past that can see as far back as she wishes to. She is rather kind to strangers, but her sarcastic and dry attitude often scares them away. She often lies to people about their futures to make a quick buck. She can not see the future due to her left eye being blinded. Nava's personality is not very well-rounded.
Background: Nava had lived in an expansive desert far to the west all of her life. She lived in a tall saguaro cactus and would spend her time looking into the past. She was rejected by most other pokemon of her kind, due to her inability to see the future and limited psychic powers so she decided to look for a new destiny in being an explorer. She didn't care for rescue teams or for catching outlaws, she wanted to find new lands, treasures, and maybe one day find someone who can heal her eye. Her journey to the guild was a long one, but was well-worth it.
Other: inchwormalachite.

@Clef;
Accepted. But I will have to turn your powers down a little bit, to stop spoilers... Hmm... OH! MAGIC CLOAK! Never Mind :sweatlol:

@Clef;
Accepted. But I will have to turn your powers down a little bit, to stop spoilers... Hmm... OH! MAGIC CLOAK! Never Mind :sweatlol:
I did turn her powers down so she can't see the future. Seeing the past isn't very helpful unless she wants to see if someone is lying about what they did earlier. I guess her powers can be nerf'd even more but being a Natu that can't fly, see the future, OR the past? Now she's just a talking bowling ball lol

@Clef;
I did turn her powers down so she can't see the future. Seeing the past isn't very helpful unless she wants to see if someone is lying about what they did earlier. I guess her powers can be nerf'd even more but being a Natu that can't fly, see the future, OR the past? Now she's just a talking bowling ball lol

No, I'm fine with her seeing the past. It's just that there are events incredibly important to the main plot that happened in the ancient past. Maybe she could only see the past of the things around her?

Name: Sigmund

Species: Nosepass

Appearance: The stone that Sigmund was formed from contained signs of Diamond, causing veins of the blue crystal to appear in his stone body. Sigmund took the remains of said Diamond to form a small pair of spectacles, equipped with metal frame. Using his magnetic powers, he can lifts these glasses off of his large nose and levitate them anywhere he needs to. Thanks to this, he literally cannot loose these glasses, since his magnetic core allows him to sense where metals are.

Personality: Sigmund is a rather intelligent pokemon who is filled to the brim with facts. He'll often break off into a lecture, from pokedex-like information about certain pokemon to what minerals the soil is composed off. He often finds things others consider boring to be extremely interesting. Sigmund is also very 'by the books'; he follows the rules of the guild strictly and will take a lot of cajoling in order to change his mind. Sometimes this leads Sigmund to come off as stuck up, sometimes even condescending towards pokemon that he considers not as smart as himself.

Sigmund is also a bit of a neat freak, who will stress out when someone leaves something lying around or forgets to clean up dust. Sig just likes to see things running in an orderly fashion and considers alternatives to be a waste of resources. The Nosepass often moves in a very strange way. One moment he could be moving in a very cumbersome way, the next his movements will be quick and erratic (Often when he wants to interject and correct someone, which they find irritating.)

Background: Sigmund comes from a deep tunnel network deep in the mountains to the north. The place was filled with Rock and fighting type pokemon who loved to show off their physical strength, so Sig's intellect wasn't very impressive to them. Unsurprisingly, they picked on the young nosepass for his stalky, weak arms that were not suitable for their weight lifting competitions and 'know-it-all' attitude. Eventually Sigmund chose to leave, determined to find people who would appreciate him more then the 'Dumb Brutes' who he had grown up with. Sigmund's internal compass made him an excellent navigator, so it didn't take him long to locate town.

Sigmund joined the guild simply because he thought he would be more appreciated. He memorized all of the rules of conduct, and does his best to follow the rules to the best of his ability. Working at the guild is something he considers more of a test of his brain then anything he did back in his old mountain home.

Other: I decided to make another character, since Nosepass is a pokemon I've wanted to RP with for quite a while. One question; what kinds of moves are we allowed to use as a basic pokemon. Is it limited by level?

@Blathers; Sigmund is accepted as well.

One question; what kinds of moves are we allowed to use as a basic pokemon. Is it limited by level?

At the start, I think it would be fair if we started on level 15, B2W2 level-up moves. We won't start off in a dungeon, so there will be enough time for training. We won't "lose" any moves, either.

Name: Max
Species: Riolu
Appearance: He has a scar on his right aura-sensor and is a little smaller than the average Riolu.
Personality: Max is very cold and never allows himself to make friends at all, shoving all thoughts and feelings that don't pertain to his own survival out of his head. He will never allow someone else to die around him, and would usually rather die himself than see that happen, even the enemy. Max doesn't like the idea of revenge at all. He pushes away all emotion and any thoughts of his parents immediately and has gotten very good at it over time. He often acts like a jerk. His small size and tendency to stay in the shadows and darkest places, as well as his near-perfect silence when moving around, make him perfect at sneaking through places unnoticed.
Background: Max lived in a den in the ground until 2 years ago. His parents were murdered before his very eyes, and as he had tried to defend them, his attack had hardly tapped the murderers and they swept him aside like worthless trash. After that day, he made his home cave in with his dead parents inside, never returning to the place again. He saw the guild and although he would normally isolate himself, he felt like he should at least give it a go. Though he didn't admit it to himself, he knew that this was because his parents had driven it into him that you don't know anything about an experience before you've tried it.
Max has spent the entire time after his parents' murdering trying to forget that they ever existed, staying away from everyone he ever knew before they died- and staying away from society in general. He became that minor myth that everyone knows about but nobody really cares about or believes, the silent Riolu that lurks in the darkest part of the forest. It was actually mostly true except for those odd variants that occasionally spread around (kidnapping small children, being a ghost, etc.).
He remembers a single song that he also tries hard to banish from his mind, and indeed it lurks far in the back. He learned it from his parents, who sang it to him as a lullabye when he was very young. Even after all the time, he can still remember the tune and words perfectly if the topic was somehow brought up, for it is engraved deeply into his heart. Of course, he desparately hopes that nobody will bring up anything of the sort, nothing relating to his past, for he doesn't wish to remember anything before becoming a rogue. This was another reason he wanted to join the guild- just to not be a rogue anymore.
Other: Inchworming Malachite, you used my trick! XD

Name: The Scorpion Queen (Registered in the guild and any other places officially as 'X'. Her real name is unknown.)
Species: Zorua
Appearance: She has bright blue eyes rather than turquoise.
Personality: The Scorpion Queen is tomboyish and bold. She is intent on keeping her true identity a secret at all times. Other than being highly rebellious, she's actually pretty nice if you take the time to get to know her. She's a natural leader although she doesn't know it. Her glass of water just... has water in it to half of its capacity and that's all, she kind of wavers between pessimistic and optimistic depending on the situation and her mood. She often states things rather bluntly and almost never sugar-coats her words because she never sees the need to do so. She thinks that if someone should know something, they should know the whole thing, not just an exaggerated version of the truth.
Background: Not much is known about the Scorpion Queen. She has changed her nickname alias several times before, but always registers in places as 'X'. Her true identity remains a mystery. She would move from place to place often. She changes her form with her Illusion ability, and has grown extremely evasive of attacks over her time of traveling since a single hit destroys any active Illusion she has up.
(I'm sure that if someone pried hard enough, they'd get her to tell them something XD. Does the guild have an interview? I think that would actually be kind of cool, if you did an entry interview with each character :D)
Other: Can the pokemon know/learn HM/TM/Egg Moves?

@xelda57; Accepted. And I'm totally taking that interview.

BTW, I can't wait for Nava to meet these two >:)

(You might want to tell Clef about SQ's past, so (s)/he (ahem, genderless, IT) doesn't have to make all of it up)

BTW, I'm accepting around eight players, so the next time I check (and there's at least one acceptable player) I'm closing.

Sure. And like I asked, what about the TM/HM/Egg Moves? :I XD
@Clef; I'll PM you or something when the time comes.

It's like a Dark/Psychic/fighting trio haha.
Nava will probably tell people's 'fortunes' when she reaches the guild, which would be her just making things up so they think she can see the future.

Name:Deandre
Species: Totodile
Appearance:Ordinary Totodile, a bit larger and has some chipped teeth and wheres a pendant.
Personality: Deandre is a kind hearted totodile, despite his appearance. He's very friendly to almost everyone he meets, but to some can be annoying. To all of his friends, he always tries to always be there, to protect them. But because of this h can rush into things without much thinking. He aslo quite curious, often jumping into things that dont concern him.
Background: Deandre always lived near a lake near his friends and family. During his time on the lake he would often swim and play around with the fish Pokemon in the water. And unlike most of his friends, he was a dreamer, often doing back floats thinking about life away from the lake, as he thirsted for adventure. He only wants to join the guild after hearing about alot of things they done. Ever since hearing about them when he was younger, he aims to one day join and become the best(or so he hopes) most people where he lives though have doubts considering how he acts. However he hopes to one day reach that goal.
Other:Inchworm Malachite

Last edited:

@AmazingCrobat; Not Accepted. There really isn't any backstory except wanting to join the guild. What happened at the lake? How did he find out about the Guild? Also, I don't think you've read the rules...

@xelda57; I SUCK AT REMEMBERING STUFF
There will be a VERY easy way to get Egg Moves at the start of your adventure, but TMs and HMs are going to be "rewards" from the Guild, basically the second-in-command/home base uses them as an "incentive".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom