• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PMD's Linked Move feature in the main game

Well, the Computer is set up to predict combos like that. Try to come up with new combinations that won't be so easy to predict or counter.

That's why my battle strategy is now an all offensive without a care in the world as to what happens to me. As long as I can hit them and hit them hard. I simple evasion n00b like what Koga does in Stadium 2 E4 round could beat me with no problem.

I just thought of something: Mind Reader + Sheer Cold Articuno. If you don't have anything that outspeeds it... there goes 5/6 of your team. (Even if there was the added PP-reduction, it'd still be a ridiculously overpowered combo.) Yeah, I know the OHKO moves are pretty much banned in every competitive battle, but still.

Despite being broken, linking moves in-game would still create some interesting options. Belly Drum + Rest + Chesto in one turn, FEAR becomming... FER without needing the Quick Attack and not be countered by priority anymore, Endure + Reversal can use a Fighting Gem or something instead of the pretty much needed Salac Berry, etc.. (... Can Endure be linked in the firs place? Oh well, it doesn't really matter. xD)

^^ Yes, but it would cause everyone to make broken combos. This idea is just for people that can't get good enough combos on their own that need to resort to creating broken tactics.

My tactic is already broken, so it makes no differance for me...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom