• Snowy finds a Gym Leader lurking in a mine. Watch here as he faces off against Marnie and prepares to battle against Kabu.

NEWS: Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
If we talk just about footage/animation then this OP is one of the weakest ever. Loads of still-shots, cringe-inducing dancing, and overall just very boring settings (Ash looking up at TR on a hill... I mean really? They couldn't come up with something else?) Bleh.

The vocals were ok but nothing special. Overall just a very unimpressive OP.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
If we talk just about footage/animation then this OP is one of the weakest ever. Loads of still-shots, cringe-inducing dancing, and overall just very boring settings (Ash looking up at TR on a hill... I mean really? They couldn't come up with something else?) Bleh.
Those still shots and empty spaces gives me a "will-be-updated-with-new-pokémon" vibes. It's a classic anime tradition after all.

Reaction score

The vocals were ok but nothing special. Overall just a very unimpressive OP.
I have to agree with this, but mostly because we have gotten nothing but great openings (visually at least) since XY, well, aside from the clip show that was the 20th anniversary version of MPM. I liked the dancing, though, it was cute.

There were definitely a lot of really good sequences, but for like half of it there wasn't really a lot going on in the screen.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
It bothers me that we got nothing spoiled for Ash and Gou's teams, unless Ash would only use Pikachu and that is ridiculous

Reaction score
Satoshi after his return to home from Alola with the Championship title:
Reminds me of "Sugar Song to Bitter Step" from Blood Blockade Battlefront.

The Team Flare Crisis has some similarities to BBB's season 1 finale too.

This turned out kind of prophetic...
Reaction score
The opening seems to suggest that while Koharu isn't a travelling companion, she is at least the most important supporting character along with her dad.
I find the lack of humans besides these guys and the TRio disturbing. :eek:

I get wanting to scale things back after they gave Ash too many friends in Alola, but I'm worried about a lack of supporting/recurring/game characters. I'm very concerned the overall cast will be smaller than ever with a bunch of COTDs and/or a record breaking number of episodes where Ash-tachii and the TRio are the only humans around...

Though I will say it's a hoot seeing the TRio look all tough. Makes me wonder if they really WILL be better here than in SM (at least XY level)

Last edited:
Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
Since we know other artists will be covering different versions of the song, I don't expect the current version of the OP animation to last very long. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut down on the amount of animation needed so they can finish all of the variations within budget.

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
I really like this song and I actually thought the visuals were cute too, especially the dancing. It's not my favorite opening at the moment, but all three Sun&Moon openings heavily grew on me so I expect this one will as well.

At least you tried...
Reaction score
New OP is okay. Energetic, does a lot to show off the "all regions" theme. The scene of Pikachu and Scorbunny fighting Tyranitar and Corviknight gives me hope for some good battles. Not sure how to interpret TR's bit--they seem a bit serious there.

Confirmed this season will be mainly set in Galar because:

Ash dances like Mr Bean
So we finally know who Ash's father is!

Yellow Samurai
Reaction score
Satoshi after his return to home from Alola with the Championship title:

It’s funny how everybody raise their right arm over their left one during the clapping part, except for Go because he is left handed.

Also, who was the woman singing the opening? When I google After the rain, it says both members are dudes.

Reaction score
I really liked the song itself, but the animation sequence was a bit underwhelming.
By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.