• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.
Both mafumafu and Tomohisa Sako/ShounenT started their music careers as utaite (debuted on the internet under a pseudonym covering songs on NicoNico, etc.), later writing their own songs and becoming full-fledged professionals. The two of them even collaborated on the anime OP "Fukanzen Monologue" last year. So in that sense, it's not too surprising that each other's tastes for an "energetic, shounen anime OPs" would be similar.

Reaction score
Mime getting spotlight in the opening makes me wonder if he will tag along with Ash just to fill the role of Brock and similar partners of previous series.

Reaction score
The song is okay. At times it reminds me of the Ga Ole songs but it sounds distinctive enough and is catchy.

The animation started pretty well. The main characters and their journey through the regions was covered nicely within the first 30 seconds, which made me think that there would be enough time to showcase lots of spoilers, supporting characters and cool stuff. But what we got instead was:
  • The main cast dancing.
  • Pikachu battling a Tyranitar, because apparently he hasn't done that enough times.
  • The main cast dancing again.
  • A scene with the main Pokemon and...Mr. Mime? He's allowed to appear but Delia isn't?
  • An animated version of the poster, except it's just 30% of it.
So yeah, it could have been better.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
I like the the GameFreak squeak at the beginning of the song. And the song itself is likeable enough. The animation is fantastic, in the few short scenes which feature animation. I like the dancing scenes and sweet baby Jesus Kojiro is so kyuuute in this new artstyle. The amount of still shots sucks balls. As with episode 1, I'm sorry to say it has de-escalated my state of hype which is quite the opposite effect to what they were going for (I assume).

By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.
Very much so, the 1, 2, 3 bit doesn't help at all as Getta Ban Ban's '1, 2, 3' at the climax had the very same melody!!

RONALDO!!
Reaction score
Ehh...gonna get me a bit of time to win me over with that OP. The song and the visuals are just meh...

Reaction score
Those still shots and empty spaces gives me a "will-be-updated-with-new-pokémon" vibes. It's a classic anime tradition after all.
I find the lack of humans besides these guys and the TRio disturbing. :eek:

I get wanting to scale things back after they gave Ash too many friends in Alola, but I'm worried about a lack of supporting/recurring/game characters. I'm very concerned the overall cast will be smaller than ever with a bunch of COTDs and/or a record breaking number of episodes where Ash-tachii and the TRio are the only humans around...

Though I will say it's a hoot seeing the TRio look all tough. Makes me wonder if they really WILL be better here than in SM (at least XY level)
Seems like they're trying really hard to avoid spoilers with this one.

I wouldn't put it in my top favorites but I do like it. The dancing scenes are amazing.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
The other song this absolutely segues into is Kirakira (Citron’s love song to Satoshi). So much so that it’s annoyingly stuck in my head since Sunday...

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
How could that be annoying, it's an amazing song
I didn't find it annoying until it got semi-permanently stuck in my head this weekend. The only song which is stickier is Puni-chan's song...

Reaction score
The song's alright but not great. It trips me up because I feel like their's a woman singing on it but there's not. I hope we get a Rica version as some point. The animation on the other hand I think is great. The scene where Ash is staring down Team Rocket is awesome, I especially like the fist pump James does. I also like that you can see all the in-game region maps under the starter Pokemon.

If it turns out that Ash is using his full roster of Pokemon in this series, I'm really wishing for a new version of "Spurt" as the second OP.

Reaction score
The song's alright but not great. It trips me up because I feel like their's a woman singing on it but there's not. I hope we get a Rica version as some point. The animation on the other hand I think is great. The scene where Ash is staring down Team Rocket is awesome, I especially like the fist pump James does. I also like that you can see all the in-game region maps under the starter Pokemon.

If it turns out that Ash is using his full roster of Pokemon in this series, I'm really wishing for a new version of "Spurt" as the second OP.
Soraru is the one that sounds like a female. He's known for more of his breathy voice.
View: https://imgur.com/a/lODyn5o

Last edited:
Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
Soraru is the one that sounds like a female. He's known for more of his breathy and deeper voice.
You have it backwards, mafumafu is the higher-pitched voice while soraru is the lower-pitched voice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Let's have a fight" would sound so weird in combination with this music without knowing the context. :LOL:

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
Its ok nothing that great both on the op side and song side. Its all ok.