• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

My Beautiful Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
What, and ruin the surprise(s)?
I have such a problem with Pokemon spoilers...in that I'm obsessed with them, lol.

Honestly, I do like being surprised...but I think my curiosity has a habit of getting the better of me. I wouldn't be mad seeing some of the older characters who may appear in the show also appear in the opening.

Reaction score
I don't really think spoilers in the OPs really matter too much, considering we already get titles and summaries revealed at least a month earlier. Korrina and Lance weren't in the first one, yet I doubt anyone was able to go into those episodes without knowing they'd appear beforehand.

Last edited:
My Beautiful Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I don't really think spoilers in the OPs really matter too much, considering we already get title and summaries revealed at least a month earlier. Korrina and Lance weren't in the first one, yet I doubt anyone was able to go into those episodes without knowing they'd appear beforehand.
This is a good point. I honestly look forward to getting the new titles every month...fulfills my desire for those little spoilery bits, lol. Korrina is a great example, too. I remember reading the title and being straight up shocked.

I also enjoy the discussion that goes along with the spoilers, since they don't always spell everything out for us.

grass princess
Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only person in this entire fandom who can't stand this opening...maybe I'll like the rock version better? :/

Reaction score
Oh no, the "Completely new footage" bit has already skyrocketed my expectations...I really hope it shows returning characters as well as Ash's team.

Many openings have gotten rock remixes in the past: V(Volt), Be an Arrow and The greatest everyday so this one will likely sound similar.

I'm fine with no new opening songs for a while as long as they get rid of Shiritori quickly and the animation is worthwhile and suited to what's happening on the series.

What, and ruin the surprise(s)?
It's funnier to find out about captures and evolutions through musical videos rather than through episode titles.

Reaction score
I also enjoy the discussion that goes along with the spoilers, since they don't always spell everything out for us.
I agree, half the fun is seeing the creativity that goes into everyone's predictions based on the bread crumbs we're given, even if many of us ultimately get our hopes up.

Last edited: