• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.

OMG, I'm not the only one who thought that! That was literally my thought when I first heard this, I started thinking of Getter Ban Ban. :lapras:

I like the song, mainly because of that resemblance. Getter Ban Ban was one of my favorite openings. The only thing I don't like is how the opening doesn't give any indications of future captures for Ash.

I wonder when we're gonna get the next version...
Late February maybe? I'd expect each version of the opening, as well as the ending, to last around a season (in the Japanese anime/drama sense of 12-14 episodes, not the dub sense). If it was a new song I would expect more advance notice, but not for a new cover version.

We're getting a new rock arrangement of the opening beginning on August 9 from the artists Takanori Nishikawa and Shō Kiryūin, as "Nishikawa-kun and Kirisho".

EeFsVPZUcAEX-lM
EeFsVR1UYAIGQbA

Takanori Nishikawa (left) and Shō Kiryūin (right)​
Rough translations of their comments:
Takanori Nishikawa said:
What!? It's been decided that I'll sing the theme song for the Pocket Monsters anime!
At first, the offer came out of the blue. Thinking "why me," I wondered if it was a good idea or not, but since Mafumafu-kun requested it, I decided to humbly accept.
Also, I asked Kiryuin to play Soraru-kun's part this time. It seems that Kiryuin-kun has always said that he respects me too, but unfortunately, I don't get that sense at all...
Anyway, that aside, as "Nishikawa-kun and Kirisho," I'd like to take the baton passed to us from After the Rain and keep it going. Thank you for your support.

Shō Kiryūin said:
I'm very honored to have been asked to sing the opening theme "One, Two, Three" for the Pocket Monsters anime with Takanori Nishikawa.
When I sang "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master" on Kōhaku, the fans were overjoyed to hear me sing it. I'm glad to be involved with Pocket Monsters once again.
Thank you for letting me sing "One, Two, Three," a very nice song, and I'm looking forward to seeing it on the air!

And from the series director:
Daiki Tomiyasu said:
We're very happy to have two of the best in the world join us for the rock arrangement of "One, Two, Three."
I was blown away when I heard the finished song!
We've made a cool, completely new video that matches the tone of the song, so I hope you'll look forward to the first broadcast!

A rock arrangement for the current opening seems... quite intriguing, to say the least. While it feels a bit sad to see the current After the Rain version go, I'm definitely looking forward to the new arrangement.

I knew TM Revolution’s (that’s Takanori’s stage name) name was ringing a bell to me.

He sang for the first intro to Gundam Seed which was a banger of a tune.

Yay! This is gonna be a good'un, well worth the wait I hope!

Ok, I guess they were blatantly lying when they said the OP wouldn't change yet. I'm excited we're finally getting the new version, and we haven't had a proper rock OP for quite a few years now. I was kind of hoping that they would use Rica or another classic Pokemon singer for the next version, but I suppose that wouldn't fit the more contemporary direction they've been going. I also would have preferred an actual male/female duet this time (Mafumafu doesn't count), but I'll wait to hear it before passing judgement.

Maybe the last version they do will be an Ash/Gou version (ala High Touch). I wonder if there will ever be a new OP in this series, or if we will just be getting new versions of "1-2-3" from start to finish. I might get sick of it to be honest, unless the new versions are just that good.

We're getting a new rock arrangement of the opening beginning on August 9 from the artists Takanori Nishikawa and Shō Kiryūin, as "Nishikawa-kun and Kirisho".

EeFsVPZUcAEX-lM
EeFsVR1UYAIGQbA

Takanori Nishikawa (left) and Shō Kiryūin (right)​
Rough translations of their comments:

And from the series director:

There better be new animation to go with it...

What's more, I wonder if "cranking it up" means the series will change course (if just a little)... :unsure:

I like this opening song and the scenes are adorably silly at times, but a rock version? new animation? definitely interested! nothing tops the Sun & Moon openings for me, but I'm rlyyy excited for this arrangement and it has a lot of potential. :bulbaLove: yes please

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom