• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

What, and ruin the surprise(s)?

I have such a problem with Pokemon spoilers...in that I'm obsessed with them, lol.

Honestly, I do like being surprised...but I think my curiosity has a habit of getting the better of me. I wouldn't be mad seeing some of the older characters who may appear in the show also appear in the opening.

I don't really think spoilers in the OPs really matter too much, considering we already get titles and summaries revealed at least a month earlier. Korrina and Lance weren't in the first one, yet I doubt anyone was able to go into those episodes without knowing they'd appear beforehand.

Last edited:
I don't really think spoilers in the OPs really matter too much, considering we already get title and summaries revealed at least a month earlier. Korrina and Lance weren't in the first one, yet I doubt anyone was able to go into those episodes without knowing they'd appear beforehand.

This is a good point. I honestly look forward to getting the new titles every month...fulfills my desire for those little spoilery bits, lol. Korrina is a great example, too. I remember reading the title and being straight up shocked.

I also enjoy the discussion that goes along with the spoilers, since they don't always spell everything out for us.

Oh no, the "Completely new footage" bit has already skyrocketed my expectations...I really hope it shows returning characters as well as Ash's team.

Many openings have gotten rock remixes in the past: V(Volt), Be an Arrow and The greatest everyday so this one will likely sound similar.

I'm fine with no new opening songs for a while as long as they get rid of Shiritori quickly and the animation is worthwhile and suited to what's happening on the series.

What, and ruin the surprise(s)?

It's funnier to find out about captures and evolutions through musical videos rather than through episode titles.

I also enjoy the discussion that goes along with the spoilers, since they don't always spell everything out for us.
I agree, half the fun is seeing the creativity that goes into everyone's predictions based on the bread crumbs we're given, even if many of us ultimately get our hopes up.

Last edited:
I now have to wonder if it'll be about Goh with Ash as a supporting character... :unsure:
That's a bit dramatic.

With Gou's mixed reception (that's putting it nicely), he needs all the development he can get. He's currently a walking bundle of character flaws, which I believe is intentional and done to show his inexperience. Flawed characters are a good thing, ideally they should be ripe for potential drama and character growth, but so far the writers have failed to properly confront this, with only a half-assed attempt in episode 22. In order to reach his potential and become a character that fans can actually enjoy and relate to, Gou does need significant attention. The small "hints" at character growth sprinkled through various episode aren't doing the job, and in most cases he doesn't even remember the lessons he's learned from one episode to the next. In short, we need proper Gou episodes or we can't expect him to improve.

Next weeks episode holds a lot of potential to see into Gou's past and find out why he's unable to relate others, both people and Pokemon. Hopefully this is the start of a significant change for his character. Maybe they won't pull it off and Gou will remain a static and controversial character, but it's up to us to give him a fair chance and see if he is capable of bettering himself.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom