• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Iris looks a little out of place for now but after seeing her carry Pokemon in her hair,I think she'll be a breath of fresh air, personality-wise :)

I hope he turns out as a total opposite to Iris (you know, wild girl(urban guy).

Someone said it before and I support this idea:
Iris will represent nature = Reshiram
Dento will represent technology = Zekrom
And then I guess Ash will be connected to the third legendary and whatever it's symbolising
Similar to Ash/Azelf/Willpower, Dawn/Mesprit/Emotion, Brock/Uxie/Knowledge

Also, I'm surprised no one talks about how the BW games and the game character Aloe, who has a dark skin just like Iris...
I think Iris might be a game character (just not the heroine, but a game character) that's related to her, or an anime-only character that's related to this game-character

Also, I'm surprised no one talks about how the BW games and the game character Aloe, who has a dark skin just like Iris...
I think Iris might be a game character (just not the heroine, but a game character) that's related to her, or an anime-only character that's related to this game-character

Skin color alone doesn't really determine that two characters are closely related to one another. :\

Also it appears thar Aloe has an even darker skin tone then Iris... But if she appears in the anime, she might be lightened... Maybe.

While it's too early to tell, I really hope that Cheren and Bel also appear early in the series.

Kibago is an interesting choice for Iris since look at what's known about it, it has Rivalry and Mold Breaker as abilities. It might be a pretty hot-headed character in it's own right. With it possibly being a Pseudo-legendary akin to Gible and Larvitar, it might be a powerful guy as well, but it might not even evolve for a very long time.

Last edited:
Someone said it before and I support this idea:
Iris will represent nature = Reshiram
Dento will represent technology = Zekrom
And then I guess Ash will be connected to the third legendary and whatever it's symbolising
Similar to Ash/Azelf/Willpower, Dawn/Mesprit/Emotion, Brock/Uxie/Knowledge

I said it before, like Misty, she's likely to be based off of a Gym Leader.

But didn't the blogger say Iris was an original character? Perhaps Aloe played a part in influencing her look (they both DO have darker skin and a blue tint to their hair), but otherwise I believe she's 100% "home grown".

Well, like everyone else, I'm am now more excited for "Best Wishes". I'll be looking forward to what Iris and Dento are really like. And wow, Iris has dark skin.

I don't see it. If anything, Iris' tone looks almost like Brock's, and so it's honestly nothing different than what we've seen before. I see Iris and I think 'well tanned', since it does seem like she has a thing for being outdoors from the preview.

Can someone please post the video for this preview i cant find it anywher thx

I really want to know the Professor's seiyuu out of everything else whoarevealed! since her voice is so extremely familiar ...

That aside, we might finally see a battling female main character~

Last edited:
im kinda lookin forward to this. i mean shure ash is gone and so is brock but change might be good. iris looks cool. i like how her pokemon hopped in her hair in the teaser. and dento will be the contest filler. but who will replace brock. the pedo with the mustache or maybe the iris will be his replacement too

and here is the video
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Best_Wishes_teaser_shown_on_Pokémon_Sunday

im kinda lookin forward to this. i mean shure ash is gone and so is brock but change might be good. iris looks cool. i like how her pokemon hopped in her hair in the teaser. and dento will be the contest filler. but who will replace brock. the pedo with the mustache or maybe the iris will be his replacement too

and here is the video
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Best_Wishes_teaser_shown_on_Pokémon_Sunday

Ash isn't gone. He was just absent from the teaser to put more focus on the new characters.

So... Dento is a WAITER?... WTF? XD

Not exactly, my dear Piplup.

Wikipedia said:
A sommelier (pronounced /sʌməlˈjeɪ/, French pronunciation: [sɔməlje]), or wine steward, is a trained and knowledgeable wine professional, commonly working in fine restaurants, who specializes in all aspects of wine service as well as wine and food matching. The role is more specialized and informed than that of a wine waiter.

The principal work of a sommelier is in the area of procurement, storage, wine cellar rotation, and to provide expert service to customers.[1]

A sommelier may also be responsible for the development of wine lists,[1] and for the delivery of wine service and training for the other restaurant staff. Working along with the culinary team, they pair and suggest wines that will best complement each particular food menu item. This entails the necessity for a deep knowledge of how food and wine, beer, spirits and other beverages work in harmony. A professional sommelier also works on the floor of the restaurant and is in direct contact with restaurant patrons. The sommelier has a responsibility to work within the taste preference and budget parameters of the patron.

In modern times, a sommelier's role may be considered broader than working only with wines, and may encompass all aspects of the restaurant's service, with an enhanced focus on wines, beers, spirits, soft-drinks, cocktails, mineral waters, and tobaccos.

Also, Aloe does look nothing like Iris.

I still can't believe people honestly think Ash is gone >_>, even AFTER the sketch, the end of movie 13, and common sense proves that he'll be in this series.

I still can't believe people honestly think Ash is gone >_>, even AFTER the sketch, the end of movie 13, and common sense proves that he'll be in this series.

So where is the source that ash is leaving?

Dento's um... profession, might be extremely useful in double and triple battles. Who would work well with who and all.

But yeah, it looks like he's definitely taking over Brock's role as the knowledgable one.

I'm still wondering what Iris is going to on the show though. It seems unlikely that there will be another contest run. Oh well, we can only wait until more information is revealed.

Also still wondering about Kibago's role. It might come off as a highly aggressive guy. Perhaps a part of their goal is to somehow control that kind of power and work as a team, with Dento helping them out as well.

Well if the rumors about the dungeons replacing gyms are true then I can Ash challenging gym leaders made up by the writers could be interesting.

I can also totally see Iris just going through dungeons as her own sidequest.

Skin color alone doesn't really determine that two characters are closely related to one another. :\

It's called speculation... just throwing out ideas... never said anything is fact

Or Aloe is a Gym Leader and Iris is her daughter?...
(again, just throwing ideas... don't kill me)

Anyway, I really wonder what exactly both Iris and Dento will do and what will be the fate of Contests...

Assuming that Iris will not have a bike. What is Pikachu gonna fry? Her hair? It's good idea since her hair is definitely too long.

I always loved Iris's art now its even cooler. I'm really looking forward to black and white now its going to be awesome

I think the starters will be like this

Iris= Doesn't get one she already has that dragon thing

Ash= Gets the water and fire ones

Dento=Gets the grass

Also anyone else think Dento's English name is going to be Dent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom