• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks that his no-having-eyewhites could just be an animation error? They're not that uncommon.

He doesn't have "eyewhites" in his official anime art either, so sadly it'd not an error.

Sadly? I find them kinda endearing :3

Sadly for the person who wanted it to be an error.I don't hate his eyewhite-less eyes.The only thing i don't like is that his hair is not spiky like the game art.

Iris looks sweeter than I thought she would but only on the basis that she looks about 8. So much for a teenage heroin instead of getting older the characters are gradually returning back to the womb :(

The guy looks bad..I can't imagine how he's going to translate full term in the anime.

I'm glad to hear Iris might be getting Pokabu though.

WTF he's cute in the game. The anime fucked him over so badly by making his skin so peach and not adding white to his eyes. And like someone said, his hair isn't spikey. That must have been why it's been bothering me.

jfhdhghdhg

Last edited:
#1 Dento fan here!
I can't wait to see his Pokemon.
I also hope he destroys Ash if they ever battle. Hehe.

#1 Dento fan here!
I can't wait to see his Pokemon.
I also hope he destroys Ash if they ever battle. Hehe.
Assuming Ash brings only Pikachu to Isshu, Dento will stomp him. Like every other new regional character/Pokemon. :sweatlol:

To Rafia:

If by aerab you mean harakat, most adults don't use them. You're out of luck, you're supposed to recognize words by letters alone.

I was only using Arabic as an example. I mean use any language you've never learned before in place of Arabic, then. And especially not one you grew up learning, because these characters are supposed to be "typical" foreigners.

Ah, then, you should have clarified what you said! ^^; It wasn't apparant at all in your post, because you didn't ask why they were portrayed that way, you just asked why French people talk like that.

That makes a lot more sense, then. ^^

Yes, back on topic now~

Dento's eyes are odd, but they don't bother me much at all.

I'm looking forward to their interactions.

But, what of this Shinji-like rival?

Is it Dento? That's what I assumed at first because early DP posters had Shinji alongside Satoshi and Hikari. ^^;

Or does he start out as rival then is befriended or... what, exactly?

Well, it should be interesting all the same!

To Rafia:

If by aerab you mean harakat, most adults don't use them. You're out of luck, you're supposed to recognize words by letters alone.

I was taught that the harakat were created for foreign Muslims, maybe in Saudi Arab only children use them but everywhere else they are used by everyone, i can read and write the alphabets,but i can't always pronounce them right.

More reason to believe he is Brock's replacement.

Cannot agree better with you! An in-game male character who's also older than the rest of the cast? And probably a Gym Leader? If that's not Brock's expy, I don't know what is. Well, I must admit I'll miss him a bit. But any way, on to better things, Dento's here.

I just hope he plays a better part in the team instead of just being Mr. Exposition and stalking girls.

So... What's wrong with Dento's eyes? His whitelessness reminds me of Krilin from Dragon Ball who also had whiteless eyes, and Krilin's my fav character from that series, so I'm liking Dento more and more.

BTW his oficial Sugimori art makes him look more like like a chef/waiter than a sommalier, and I find that very corious, as Dento sounds like "dente", which is a cooking term.

Arabic gammar rules ITT.

...Would it be too late to talk about how much I'd love to see the "stranger in a strange land" element being played up this time around? I know it'll probably never happen because the main focus of the anime is to advertise the games, but it would add something interesting to the plot anyways.

As for Dento being based on a game character... That's kinda cool and should shut people up who are harping on him and Iris sucking because they aren't game characters. I only hope that Iris is a game character as well.

I haven't read through all this thread, so it's probably been discussed, but I wanted to point out something.

People thought that Shinji was going to take Brock's place when they initially saw the first DP anime poster. It's certainly jumping to conclusions to assume Dento is taking that "third wheel" role.

Arabic gammar rules ITT.

...Would it be too late to talk about how much I'd love to see the "stranger in a strange land" element being played up this time around? I know it'll probably never happen because the main focus of the anime is to advertise the games, but it would add something interesting to the plot anyways.

As for Dento being based on a game character... That's kinda cool and should shut people up who are harping on him and Iris sucking because they aren't game characters. I only hope that Iris is a game character as well.

They just hate Iris because she isn't their precious White.

BTW what's ITT.

To Rafia:

I was only using Arabic as an example. I mean use any language you've never learned before in place of Arabic, then. And especially not one you grew up learning, because these characters are supposed to be "typical" foreigners.

Ah, then, you should have clarified what you said! ^^; It wasn't apparant at all in your post, because you didn't ask why they were portrayed that way, you just asked why French people talk like that.

That makes a lot more sense, then. ^^

Yes, back on topic now~

Dento's eyes are odd, but they don't bother me much at all.

I'm looking forward to their interactions.

But, what of this Shinji-like rival?

Is it Dento? That's what I assumed at first because early DP posters had Shinji alongside Satoshi and Hikari. ^^;

Or does he start out as rival then is befriended or... what, exactly?

Well, it should be interesting all the same!

Dento is stated to check a trainers' compatibility with their pokemon and he offers advice on how to befriend them. Not really Paul-like from that description. And so if he's not the rival, then he's probably the Brock replacement with him being advertised.

And with Dento being an in-game character that's knowledgeable, experienced, and offers advice (not to mention him being butler/waiter like), it seems like he'd be the perfect Brock replacement.

BTW what's ITT.

"In This Thread".

From his description given and ingame appearence. I'd imagine that Dento is actually an NPC character in the game itself. He probably fills a role similar to NPCs that tell you how happy your Pokémon is or something. Although with him getting character art and a major role in the anime, he might do more then that.

Iris is a Ghost type gym leader, methinks.

Her partner is a Dragon type.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's ment to be, as a character, a composite of Piplup and Gible.

That alone should be a pretty dangerous combination.

Belle + Sapphire = Iris? And Cheron + Ruby = Dento?

I'm not overly fond of Dento, but we'll see. I love Iris (a real tomboy, but still seems sweet) on the other hand. The opposite of most people, it seems.

Lol, is Dento trying to bring sexy back with that pose? There's your bishie eye candy, ladies.

Ah..No. He lost all of his bishie cuteness.

I'm not impressed with his anime deisng honestly; It would have worked if he were anime only however..
The anime usually is spot on with game character designs. Look at Lyra, Dawn, Misty. Brock, and basically every other game character that has a counterpart from the games. Plus where's his adorable apron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom