• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just joking about the inside his head thing, but retconning is not something that seems like its going on.

Ash hasn't been this capture heavy since Kanto, and even then he was tame. Hell, he's even using the Getto Daze motto for catching, like he has no end to this mass enslavement. I don't think they're going to retcon his whole journey, as he seems quite acquainted to Pikachu, and the way that he's in his room makes me think that he's ready yet again for another adventure. That, or these past 13 years really have been all inside his head, and Takuto's Darkrai was his subconsciousness waking him up.

I know this will be a new generation with most likely 150 or more brand new Pokemon, and maybe this is the writers way of letting Ash catch a "major" chunk of it, but I'm not seeing how something that's going to be fast-paced is going to allow all these supposed Pokemon captures time to grow properly. I suppose Ash can catch at least 8 Isshu Pokemon, but I don't know, Pikachu better get squat then, if that's the case, and maybe a couple of the gyms will be full battles.

And Ash's room? Where was that because I don't remember it.

In the beginning when he's putting the gloves on and jumps down from his bed. Oh look it IS oak. Shit, he's gotten older, look at those bags under his eyes!

In the beginning when he's putting the gloves on and jumps down from his bed. Oh look it IS oak. Shit, he's gotten older, look at those bags under his eyes!

So their going back to their roots but Oakis getting older? I don't get it...Nevermind, I get it now.

I just watched the preview, and was wondering why Dento is very interested to Ash (even going so far to taking some notes and what looks like asking him questions). Also wondering how they introduce the starters (maybe Shooti has all of them?). It would be funny if Ash gets both Mijumaru and Tsutaja, the two most popular starters as of now, and they have some ongoing conflict with each other. So many questions to ask about the preview!

I just watched the preview, and was wondering why Dento is very interested to Ash (even going so far to taking some notes and what looks like asking him questions). Also wondering how they introduce the starters (maybe Shooti has all of them?). It would be funny if Ash gets both Mijumaru and Tsutaja, the two most popular starters as of now, and they have some ongoing conflict with each other. So many questions to ask about the preview!

That would actually be cool if Ash got both starters, though he would have to catch one one of them probably.

In the beginning when he's putting the gloves on and jumps down from his bed.

Oh okay, I see what you mean, but Ash can't just walk to Isshu, unless they've built some weird teleporting device so Ash travels from one place to the next in an instant.

Otherwise this would mean the boxes that hit Pikachu are from whatever mode of transportation their using (wasn't it a boat?).

Okay, I take back what I said about BW not seeming all that interesting. With Ash's new look (he finally got rid of the snake-eyes. He looks pretty normal now xD), new battle animations, random funny moments (like always), the series seems very attention-grabbing.

Now if only the TV Tokyo clips worked for me...

Oh okay, I see what you mean, but Ash can't just walk to Isshu, unless they've built some weird teleporting device so Ash travels from one place to the next in an instant.

Otherwise this would mean the boxes that hit Pikachu are from whatever mode of transportation their using (wasn't it a boat?).
Yeah, he's getting there by a massive ferry(the SS Anne? I dunno, maybe) by the looks of it. So if he's back in Kanto, he has to be back from Sinnoh, the way he's at the crossroads again.

I didn't read ANY post not in this thread and not in the episode thread, because I'm trying to avoid spoilers about today's ep until I watch it (which is also why I won't see anything you guys tell me in VMs/PMs/skype/whatever until I watch the ep)

But since I knew there was supposed to be BW information today, I went to the TV Tokyo site of BW... http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_bw
And... omg... Ash looks so... sooooo.... SOOOOO cool!!!!
So I guess he was the character they "revealed" today... oh well, he looks so cool that I can't be angry at them XD and Miju looks so awesomeeeee
BW please start already! *run away from here until I watch the ep*

EDIT: I don't know if that was posted yet or not... but... http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_bw/images/chara_img01.gif
OMG
ASH... YOU JUST BECAME 235235 TIMES COOLER FOR ME

Very cool poster on the main site...although...why is Hihidaruma just standing in mid-air?

Oh man, oh man. I'm seriously pumped for the new series now, almost excited enough to wake up at 5 am to watch it. I am glad they ditched Ash's design from the storyboard and went with the short sleeve look, it is much better on Ash. His eyes kinda weird me out when they zoom into his face, but something I'll get used to. I'm glad to see that Ash will "probably" get a Mijumaru and maybe the other starters as well, we'll see about that. I think Iris gets the best introduction to Ash, with him trying to catch her in a pokeball :D Dento must have been watching the Sinnoh League, and I'm glad to see that he might not be a copy paste Brock.

Overall, extremely excited, more so than I thought I'd ever be, all because of them revealing Ash :p

(Still sad Dawn gets left behind, but I've gotten over it a long time ago)

Awww, someone should've warned Ash against watching Electric Soldier Porygon.

Or not =D

This just keeps getting more and more awesome. Can't wait!

Just watched the preview. I love how Iron Tail looks now!

Also, from that, I'm guessing:
Ash: Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru
Shooti: Tsutarja

Wow. Best Wishes might just end up being the best series so far. Ash really looks great, his eyes are actually better than before. I like the animation, seems like we're getting new animations for all the moves. It's pretty much confirmed Ash gets a Mamepato. I'm ok with that. I still hope he gets a Mijumaru, though. There is apparently going to be a lot of humor in the show, which is great. It's just what the show needs. (Gotta love the faces :lol:) Judging by the clips and all the info, we're in for an exciting series. They do seem to be going back to the roots to some extent and that's good news. everything looks so great, I can't wait for it to start. This really made my day.

Nice effect with iron tail.

Oh, and Ash gets the bird again. Gee, not surprised.

HAT TURN!

Last edited:
2namk8w.jpg

Mijumaru is just perfect for reaction shots.

Seriously this pic is awesome! I can't believe so many people hate Mijumaru and it's got attacks this awesome and it's so cute!

Me thinks from the previews that Dento's a fan of Ash LOL Must have been watching the leagueXD And HAHA Ash pulled a Dawn and nearly caught IrisXD That's a good start to a very intresting friendship LOL. Awe man poor Ash though, a fan boy coming with him and braging about his every move LOL. I love his new outfit, so cute on him. Man I'm even more excited about this series *WE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom