• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just shocked that they'd change Ash's eyes. I know they changed Gary, Clair, and Jasmine (in season 5 her eyes were blue). It's just a shock that they'd do it to the main character of the show. I have mixed feeling about it. I like Ash having new things about him (his outfit has an interesting, different color scheme)
To me, Ash's eye style shows the roots of the show and references Sugimori's old style. Now that that root is gone, it's a bit sad. I love old-school Sugimori (even if it's his digitally colored artwork).

At least Prof Oak's eyes haven't changed.

I'm kind of liking Dento.

OH MY GOD ASH'S EYES

WTF

WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT

OH GOD I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW HOW TR LOOKS LIKE NOW

THIS SERIES IS FULL OF POD PEOPLE

MY CHILDHOOOOOOOOOD

*goes into fetal position in a corner*

Character_Art_-_Prof_Oak_3.gif

chara_img06.gif

Oak actually did get noticeably ... fatter. I wonder if the change in his art means anything?

Oak actually did get noticeably ... fatter. I wonder if the change in his art means anything?

It means everyone is getting redesigned for this piece of crap new series and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

To me, Ash's eye style shows the roots of the show and references Sugimori's old style. Now that that root is gone, it's a bit sad. I love old-school Sugimori (even if it's his digitally colored artwork).
While I agree it takes some getting-used-to since his eyes have had the same style since the very first episode, I don't think it's that big of a deal. His new eye-style suits him well, really, even though it IS a shock at first XD

If they did something to his z's, however... I can't guarantee I'll stay nice >:U

I like his new look, it makes him look more anime-ish. :)
If the Isshu saga is going to be more fast-paced (according to Serebii and the official website) could this be a hint to less boring fillers?

The anime Oak did not change at all in appearance, imo. Most often enough, Oak was on the cast list because Ash has to tell him every gen that he is in a specific region. It was nice seeing the anime Oak with his FR/LG game counterpart pose.

If the Isshu saga is going to be more fast-paced (according to Serebii and the official website) could this be a hint to less boring fillers?

Now that the contest quest is over and done with in the anime, yes. We spent a great deal of Diamond and Pearl with just Dawn's contests and training for contests.

Oh and maybe more arcs instead of just one big region??? Lets hope, cuz I'd love the gang to travel with each more than once. And like I said, love his new look.

I'm just shocked that they'd change Ash's eyes. I know they changed Gary, Clair, and Jasmine (in season 5 her eyes were blue).
I know Jasmine's eye colour changed, but Clair and Gary? 0_o When did that happen?

Real weird that Ash's eyes are different. But I for one welcome being able to actually see those brown eyes on our hero (Being a very visual person, I love to see little details like who's got what eye colour. I've never liked the thin black ovals or small dots for irises in this series). I wonder if they'll do that to other characters sometime down the track.

Still not used to Dento's eyes. My face will be frozen in mix of fear and horror for the next couple of years, I suppose. Get some whites, man!

Okay, so Oak looks like he's older and more...stout, and Ash looks even younger. Did Dialga sneeze and mess up the flow of time again?

I know Jasmine's eye colour changed, but Clair and Gary? 0_o When did that happen?

Real weird that Ash's eyes are different. But I for one welcome being able to actually see those brown eyes on our hero (Being a very visual person, I love to see little details like who's got what eye colour. I've never liked the thin black ovals or small dots for irises in this series). I wonder if they'll do that to other characters sometime down the track.

Still not used to Dento's eyes. My face will be frozen in mix of fear and horror for the next couple of years, I suppose. Get some whites, man!

Okay, so Oak looks like he's older and more...stout, and Ash looks even younger. Did Dialga sneeze and mess up the flow of time again?

I'll go and have a word with Dialga and make sure it never happens again :p

And nah, Ash just looks like he actually had a shower for the 1st time in 13 years, he hasen't gotten younger.

So showers make you look younger than eh? That's the secret to the fountain of Youth wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom