• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go and have a word with Dialga and make sure it never happens again :p

And nah, Ash just looks like he actually had a shower for the 1st time in 13 years, he hasen't gotten younger.

:lol:

I agree, he isn't younger. I also doubt he is older. His age probably stayed the same, they just decided to give him a fresher look. And it wasn't a bad decision at all.

Damn, Satoshi looks so different with his brown Iris. I miss Hikari alr...I mean his eyes of course!

I like Satoshi's new look. Looking forward to other redesigned characters.

Looks like Satoshi is getting Mijumaru after all which would be awesome. It also looks like he is getting the pidgeon accourding to the videos from the official site ( pika powning it, ash throwing a pokeball at it, pidgeo turining into red light...) which kinda disappointes me... :/

The new animation for Pikachu's attack look very,very good thouhg. Especially Iron Tail.

I'll go and have a word with Dialga and make sure it never happens again :p
Okey dokey~! It's the only way my brain can process the no-ageing nonsense. That time pony must have the flu.

And nah, Ash just looks like he actually had a shower for the 1st time in 13 years, he hasen't gotten younger.
That musta been one heck of a shower. Cleaned off 13 years of grime and then some! Perhaps this shower is like the fountain of youth...

So showers make you look younger than eh? That's the secret to the fountain of Youth wow.

Come on, you know that after a hard days work coming home to a shower makes you feel clean and refreshed and in some cases, look younger, which is why I used it as an example.

OH GOD I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW HOW TR LOOKS LIKE NOW
I'm thinking of that too. Sure I'd like a change but I can tell you like them. I'd be upset if they touched Shinji's design (other than his outfit)

I can't wait to see PokemonTrainerLisa's reaction to the new Ash.

but Clair and Gary? 0_o When did that happen?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Clair#In_the_anime
You can't see her face there. Unfortunately I can't find my old comparison picture. Her hair was changed too. I'm surprised they remembered what her gym looked like tbh.

Gary it was his hair and collagen injected into his lips.

Last edited:
Putting Ash's new eyeballs aside, do you guys think there is any chance of Iris doing gyms? It said on site that the series will be paced fast and seeing how they would both do gyms I don't see a problem with it. One thing that supports my opinion is the fact how we saw Iris pinching Pokabu in the preview, so I hope that it goes to her. As we've also seen Pokabu in the trailer in the gym versus Dento, could it happen?

I'm thinking of that too. Sure I'd like a change but I can tell you like them.

I wouldn't like a change. I wanted them to be out of this horrible series before they got to them like that.

I can't wait for September to hit so I could finally quit and forget I ever liked the anime.

Looks like Satoshi is getting Mijumaru after all which would be awesome. It also looks like he is getting the pidgeon accourding to the videos from the official site ( pika powning it, ash throwing a pokeball at it, pidgeo turining into red light...) which kinda disappointes me... :/

Ash always catches the local bird Pokemon. So it was kind of expected. n__n

Had people talked about Misty's eye color being made green when they switched to digital coloring?

It's exactly the same thing here. It might take some getting used to, but it was well overdue since most of his friends have colored irises as well (except for Brock for obvious reasons).

Being expected does make things good why again?

Why is this a bad thing though?

The birds always made solid team members in the games, plus they can easily be intergrated with the starters and complete the classical elements (the flying types representing wind of course).

I'm thinking of that too. Sure I'd like a change but I can tell you like them. I'd be upset if they touched Shinji's design (other than his outfit)

This fear may be a bit unfounded since Jessie and James always had colored irises.

Eye shapes actually determine how the audience should sympathize with the character. Bigger, rounder more expressive eyes means more sympathy for him/her. If you notice Team Rocket's eyes, they're pretty angular but expressive at the same time, being sympathetic antagonists. Paul on the otherhand has small irises. He's played as an antagonist, but not ment to be sympathetic to the audience.

I assume the eye change was simply to 'fit in' with the rest of the character designs, which have evolved with Sugimori's art work with each passing generation. I don't think it's a particulary jarring change myself given that more and more characters have been sticking truer to the game's official designs.

Because they're usually more or less the same and treated with less significance than that other pokemon, I'd wager.

Still, as predictable a capture as it is, Mamepato's ahead of the rest simply because it's a pigeon. There's no better bird. Not even Muku.

This "faster pace" stuff reminds me of the speculation Gen V would be rather short and Gen VI would pop up quite soon on the 3DS...

Then again, perhaps we'll have the same amount of episodes but more plot developments, thus faster paced in terms of story, not air time.

Either way, it's likely they haven't gone past Episode...10 or so I'd reckon by the time they cut this trailer, so it does look pretty busy already...we've got all three starters caught, and Mamepato, plus the first Gym Battle and everything. If Ash already has a team of five by this point, that seems kind of...well...boring? That only leaves one space left. Unless they go the Kanto Route, but possibly improve on it, and give Ash a more dynamic team or something.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how fast this series goes.

Also, have to say, Ash fighting Shuuti in that alleyway and Pikachu slamming against the concrete wall is just a cool scene. Urban areas make for some cool fights, and I'd love to see some big city battles in Hiun.

Wow after looking at the full poster on the official site, I've come to the conclusion that Moguryuu will be used by Team Plasma. Look how evil that thing looks!

The birds always made solid team members in the games, plus they can easily be intergrated with the starters and complete the classical elements (the flying types representing wind of course).

First of all I agree with Grave-E:
Because they're usually more or less the same and treated with less significance than that other pokemon, I'd wager.

But other than that it is really just a personal opinion thing. I just don't really like early bird Pokémon and Mamepato doesn't look too interesting to be honest.
Swellow was the exception of the rule to me, but it wasn't know for its interesting personality or funny character quirks either.

But I know that Satoshi needs to capture an early route Pokémon early in the anime to showcase the catching feature and connect him to the viewers who most likely would catch the very same pokémon early on.

i watched the preview and i think everything looks amazing.

i love the scene where dento writes something for ash, and then he goes into his face... :lol: hilarious. pikachu's iron tail looks marvelous too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom