• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl Movie 03 (Pokemon Movie 12) Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be the last of the trilogy. That doesn't mean it'll be the last movie of this generation.

I think the preview at the end of the 11th movie said this would end the trilogy.

in our current worldwide economic crisis i wouldn't be surprised if they end the d/p movies with this so they can rush out the new generation besides if that light is arceus they have just exhausted all of there d/p movie worthy legends

Last edited:
What does the worldwide economic crisis have to do with Pokemon movies??? I think that just made my day. Hilarious statement I have ever read. Wow.

I predict there will be at least one more movie before they jump into Generation V.

in our current worldwide economic crisis i wouldn't be surprised if they end the d/p movies with this so they can rush out the new generation besides if that light is arceus they have just exhausted all of there d/p movie worthy legends
...what.

I hope whatever's behind the question mark, we get officially introduced to Arceus first. Or they can debut both at the same time.

Oooh, I hope it's Arcues Tiny Forme. :D That would be adorable, too bad it's not gonna happen.

What does the worldwide economic crisis have to do with Pokemon movies??? I think that just made my day. Hilarious statement I have ever read. Wow.

I predict there will be at least one more movie before they jump into Generation V.

i say that because it seems like there economy depends on the u.s. economy and we all know if that falls the rest of the world will feel it in one way or another

Right...as if the Pokemon movies are a big asset when it comes to such global crises...

In an alternate timeframe, that would be bizarre. A simple franchise helps to end the battered economies around the world.

So, getting back to the "?," I'm finding it unlikely that it's a Baby if it's also an Electric type. Assuming Gen V doesn't do away with the concept of 3-evolution families, that leaves very few Electric Pokemon who are lacking.

Plusle and Minun, who I doubt will because of their gimmick
Voltorb, but he's genderless
Electrike--is he popular enough though?
Pachirisu
Chinchou, but it's unlikely that a fish would be in a grassy field
Rotom, who's genderless and quite busy already

Pikachu, Electabuzz, Magnemite, Mareep, and Shinx are all finished.

Unless we get a branching pre-evo, Pachirisu is pretty much the only choice. I kinda suspect that it's an all-new Pokemon, probably the new Pika-clone.

But that's my take on this.

I disagree. I think a Tyrogue-inspired "neutral" pre-evolution of Plusle/Minun would work great.
Posted via Mobile Device

The tips of the ears of this new Pokemon are the same color as the tips of Pikachu's ears, if it counts for anything...

It could be another electric rodent. We all know how many Pikachu knockoffs we have.

oh please, please, don't let it be another "cutie":uhoh::uhoh:

Pokemon can be regarded as a successful, balanced mixture of both cute and powerful elements/ Pokemon and that's why I love it so much, because it's not just a mindlessly cruel series like all this rubbish we can daily watch on television.
But please not another cutie! I've just spoken of " a balanced mixture", but I'm afraid that the balance is gradually shifted in favor of the group of the "cute, small Pokemon", putting the "powerful, big Pokemon" at a disadvantage!!
The size of the question mark clearly indicates that it must be another cuddly toy -like Pokemon !:-/

Dear writers,

Pokemon should constantly mature and in D/P as well as in movie 10 you have already proven that you are capable of drafting great and profound storylines! So, please , please don't stop now and return to old times when ,of course, Pokemon had to be "cuter" because it was still new and had to attract younger viewers. Those previous younger viewers are we today. We request you to stick to this awesome development and to introduce more impressive, strong Pokemon to do justice to the fact that most of us have become adults by now!
Look: On the one hand we have Dialga ,Palkia and Giratina, the epitome of strength and power, but on the other hand we have to read that this tiny,(Baby-)electric Pokemon is (according to serebii's news) meant to play a major(!) role in that apocalyptic battle without precedent. I can't stand this obvious contradiction and I don't want a Pokemon which is meant to appear in the role of another Shaymin during movie 12.
I beg you, dear writer, not to mess up these great, fantastic,and brilliant finals!!!

I hope this will help somewhat ^^:bounce:

Cuteness sells stuff. That's why most of the early promotional Pokémon are cute.

You can sell more crap with a cute thing's face on it then an ugly monster. That ugly monster's popularity is better used when the game's finally revealed.

It's obvious that the new Pokémon is really Nando in his seekrit disguise.

I'd rather see an Electric Guitar Pokémon. Hey, we already have electrical appliance Pokémon in the rotom forms, so why not Pokémon based on musical instruments?

I don't care if it's cute or not, but I notice there's a trend that early-showers tend to be kind of lame once we actually get our hands on the game. IE - Snubull, Marill, Kecleon, Wailmer, Bonsly, Mantyke, and Chatot never really caught on. There's lots of buzz about these Pokemon early on, but inevitably we learn they're the lamest of the lot, as far as both usability and popularity go . . . The only big exception is Lucario.

I don't care if it's cute or not, but I notice there's a trend that early-showers tend to be kind of lame once we actually get our hands on the game. IE - Snubull, Marill, Kecleon, Wailmer, Bonsly, Mantyke, and Chatot never really caught on. There's lots of buzz about these Pokemon early on, but inevitably we learn they're the lamest of the lot, as far as both usability and popularity go . . . The only big exception is Lucario.

I wouldn't really include Marill in that list, it's pretty popular and has been in every game since it's introduction, heck, it managed to get a baby that was also an early-promo.

Yeah, but it never turned into the "Pikablu" it was hyped up to be early on.

And Chatot's the first to have an attack move that's interactive. Hey, Chatter may be a weak move, but it's a start for more random interactive moves, I suppose.

And Chatot's the first to have an attack move that's interactive. Hey, Chatter may be a weak move, but it's a start for more random interactive moves, I suppose.

I would've been happier if Meowth had gotten that move. : p

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Pachirisu the only Electric-type that's not part of a three-stage evolution chain?

If this is an Electric-Type and IS a Baby, it could be a Pachirisu prevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom