• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl Movie 03 (Pokemon Movie 12) Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Pachirisu the only Electric-type that's not part of a three-stage evolution chain?

Voltorb, Electrike, Plusle & Minun, and Chinchou aren't.

It will be kinda strange if it change from yellow to white. It will be ok to change from white to yellow but the opposite is just awkward to me. I don't know why but it's just awkward to me. I don't think it will be a new Gen Pokémon. The choices are just too narrow. Maybe an old Pokémon like Pichu.

It IS a new Pokémon (or new form)
No doubt... they won't do that for an old Poké -_-

But the choices are really too narrow! Maybe they do this simply because the Pokémon is an important part of the movie. If that really is a new Pokémon, then it got to be an extrovert and is really outgoing. To me, a single Pokémon can be hardly friendly to a flocks of Pokémon. I'm sure all the Pokémon are out, not only Pikachu. So I'm thinking that it might be an old friend. The writers want to surprise us this way!

Who says it has to be related to an old Poké? Keckleon wasn't
I don't think we're even sure it's electric- they said electic Poké will be important but did they say this Poké is electic too?

I don't know but we just get used to it. I can't understand Japanese so my info. is from the others here in this forum. So you're thinking that Pikachu is going to be the 'legendary' Pokémon again?

I don't think we're even sure it's electric- they said electic Poké will be important but did they say this Poké is electic too?

Yes, this is the electric pokemon they were hinting at a few weeks ago. All we know other than that is that it's yellow.

It's should be either a Pachirisu evolution or even a pre evolution of Mareep and Electrike.

I don't get why so many people think it could be a Pachirisu evolution. The thing looks as big as Pachirisu itself.

Anyway, this was shown in the preview for next week's Pokemon Sunday:

mystery_pokemon_sunday.jpg

This makes me wonder if CoroCoro will in fact reveal what it is next week. It seems kinda weird for Pokemon Sunday to have a segment where we see someone draw it (I'm assuming that's what's going on) but we don't get to see what he's drawing.

I don't get why so many people think it could be a Pachirisu evolution. The thing looks as big as Pachirisu itself.

Anyway, this was shown in the preview for next week's Pokemon Sunday:

mystery_pokemon_sunday.jpg

This makes me wonder if CoroCoro will in fact reveal what it is next week. It seems kinda weird for Pokemon Sunday to have a segment where we see someone draw it (I'm assuming that's what's going on) but we don't get to see what he's drawing.
Did you really pay attention? It's about Lucario's special TCG card, not the new Pokémon...
Don't freak out just because you see a colorful question mark. They're not even really drawing, they're just making a paper craft for a card illustration of Lucario or so.

Never mind then. I only caught the tail end so I just assumed that's what it was.

Well, Gloom shrinks upon evolving into Bellossom, so an evo where a Pokemon remains the same height isn't all that far fetched.

But if it is a pre-evolved, that means it will have to be a baby. A baby is far smaller than its evolved form. Cleffa, Togepi, Chilgling, azurill etc.

But if it is a pre-evolved, that means it will have to be a baby. A baby is far smaller than its evolved form. Cleffa, Togepi, Chilgling, azurill etc.

Togepi isn't "baby"=new pre evolution of a previous generation Pokémon
Togepi and Togetic were in the same gen... Togepi=basic, Togetic-stage 1, Togekiss-stage 2

Togepi is classed as a baby Pokemon. It can't breed, evolves via happiness and is heavily associated with eggs. It IS a baby Pokemon.

About the Gen5 Pokemon, its ears look a bit like a black version of Delcattys. I'm not saying they're related, it's just interesting.

Well if corocoro doesnt the movie site will. I mean they did say it would be both movie title and pokemon.

Togepi is classed as a baby Pokemon.

Give me an official site who says this
"baby" is a term from the TCG who used this to new Pokémon who are previous form of old Pokémon to make it logical that things like Pikachu are basic even though they have a previous form like Pichu and this way not having to suddenly change Pika to stage 1 and Raichu to stage 2

It can't breed,

So is Nidorina

evolves via happiness

Golbat too

and is heavily associated with eggs.

It simply keep part of its egg as its body... other than that it isn't really "related to eggs" (with this logic you might also say Phanpy or Wynaut are "related to eggs" just because they hatched from an egg in the anime / given as an egg in the games)

It IS a baby Pokemon.

Not in the official meaning of the term which comes from the TCG
Misty's Togepi was considered a baby because it just hatched- from this same reason Ash's Phanpy was called a baby and I don't see anyone try to say that Phanpy are baby Pokémon

Ok, I understand your arguement but you can't just go off the Pokemon TCG.

Bulbapedia said:
Togepi and Riolu
Togepi may or may not be classified as a baby Pokémon, because when it was introduced in Gold and Silver it was not a predecessor of an existing Pokémon, and it was revealed in the anime before Togetic was. However, due to its especially baby-like manner as depicted in the anime, as well as its inability to breed, it is assumed to be a baby Pokémon. This is also true of Riolu, which was introduced in Generation IV along with its evolution, Lucario, although unlike Togetic and Togepi, Lucario was revealed to the public before Riolu. Additionally, the only way to obtain Togepi or Riolu in the games they first appeared in was to receive them as an egg from an NPC.

I still classify it as a baby Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom