• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Pocket Monsters New Year's Special

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The New Years special has aired, and with it, a small preview of upcoming events.

Nothing too plot-heavy, but we do see what appears to be some focus eps and new Paldea debuts.

Roy meets a trio of singing Krokorok.
Liko helps out a single Tandemaus.
Dot meets a Tinkatink while shopping.
Liko, Roy, and Dot encounter a male Oinkologne.

The last one is interesting because the Oinkologne attracts Sprigatito, but not Fuecoco or Quaxly, confirming her as the sole female among the Starter trio. (Not that this was shocking, mind you.)

Liko’s Sprigatito’s gender being female was confirmed in Japanese interviews and in the French-language dub on December 9.

GDEpwCVXAAArsJD.jpg

Awesome! The Tinkatink and Tandemaus lines are two of my favorites in SV, so I'm glad they'll be debuting soon. I also love that we're seeing more of Dot and Quaxly :bulbaLove:

...Dot's going to capture Tinkatink, isn't she?
(And then when it evolves, it'll go after Amethio's Corvaknight!)

And the return of Attract? Sign me up! :ROFLMAO:

Though I have one question: Where my Explorers at?!

Last edited:
The Male Oinkologne may be a reference to a Pokedex entry that says that they produce a sweet aroma that attracts Female Pokémon.

I'm hoping at some point we'll see episodes where Liko, Roy and Dot set off on adventures without the Rising Volt Tacklers
Maybe that will happen once the threat from the Explorers is completely gone.
However, if solo trips do happen, they will only be from time to time, not permanent. I can't imagine Brave Asagi and its adult crew suddenly disappearing halfway through the series.

I'd also like to add that I wouldn't include Dot on these trips (at least not on every adventure).

Seems the next few episodes will just be fun one offs. Nothing wrong with that. It might give Liko and Roy a chance to develop since they have needed saving a lot and giving them lower stake adventures might mean Friede or Cap won’t come in at the last minute to save the day.

Hi Tepig!

A member of the Tinkatink family being in the main cast was inevitable, I wonder how she will contribute to the videos.
Seems the next few episodes will just be fun one offs. Nothing wrong with that. It might give Liko and Roy a chance to develop since they have needed saving a lot and giving them lower stake adventures might mean Friede or Cap won’t come in at the last minute to save the day.
I also appreciate that, hopefully the writers learned their lesson.

Back
Top Bottom