• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Pocket Monsters Special Movie?

Shane
Reaction score
I was just thinking...

Every year, we get a new Pokémon movie. What if, for one year, we got one that WASN'T anime-based, and we instead got something for Pocket Monsters Special?

Meh, just a random thought.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
If they were going to do it, they would have done it a long time ago.

Shane
Reaction score
Maybe...

Do you think the lack of a PokéSpecial movie has anything to do with lack of Western interest, or just that they want to stick to comic books?

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Probably just a lack of interest in the Pocket Monsters Special series altogether. I mean, the anime is doing great the way it is. Why would they feel the need to shake things up any more than they are by basing it on a manga that's probably not at its peak sales-wise?

The only manga to make the leap to the anime is the original Pocket Monsters, and that was only for a 30 second short in one of the Houen filler episodes. And it's probably the way it's going to stay.

A black and white world
Reaction score
I'd be all up for seeing a special based on something other than the adventures of Ash. Like Mystery Dungeon was, only for a manga. It'd probably be all new characters though, instead of trying to cram all of Special into an hour movie.

And because it simply must have Pikachu, here I'm thinking of the adventures of Akari getting his first pokemon. Which makes me wonder how he'd be dubbed.

GREEN!
Reaction score
It wouldn't work, its far to long and old. I think the best chance for a manga movie woudl be PiPiPi because of length, but comics don't make good movies: look at Spiderman.

Χριστιανός
Reaction score
PokeSpe

I like PokeSupe way better than the crappy anime!
I think that they should just make a whole anime series based on it!!!!!