• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters Special Preview

Goh getting a Dynamax band for me indirectly confirms he gets all three starters so he can show their Gigamax forms. What i also find interesting is that there are 2 wishing stars falling, because Ash already has one. That for me foreshadows Chloe becoming a trainer and gets a dynamax band as well.

I think as well that Dragapult belongs to a trainer, considering it hasn't been shown big unlike the wild mons.
Don’t see how that indirectly confirms anything considering that Ash has had a Dynamax Band since episode 13. If anything, they gave it to him so they could show off G-Max Cinderace.

The thing I'm most interested in is if some other Galar characters will cameo during Darkest Day.

It's almost discriminatory at this point... :cry:

And Mewtwo better be getting a multi-arc, whether it's all at once or spread out. It deserves SO much more than a one episode guest spot. (and just hope and pray to Arceus Goh doesn't catch it)

Goh getting a Dynamax band for me indirectly confirms he gets all three starters so he can show their Gigamax forms. What i also find interesting is that there are 2 wishing stars falling, because Ash already has one. That for me foreshadows Chloe becoming a trainer and gets a dynamax band as well.

I don't see how that confirms anything when I'm pretty sure that Ash still has his own Dynamax Band. They'll definitely have Goh showcase Gigantamax Cinderace, but that's the only guarantee. I'm not sure if they'll rush through Sobble's evolution to get Gigantamax Inteleon, although that is a possibility. Ash can get Gigantamax Pokemon just as easily as Goh can, so Grookey could still go either way. I'm not sure if I can see Chloe getting a Dynamax Band right now, but that would give her Gigantamax Eevee if they do go that route.

That preview was pretty cool. While I'm not thrilled that they're cramming in the Darkest Day plot within four episodes, it still might work out. As much as I love Sword/Shield, it's not particularly story driven. It was more focused on its characters and without adapting that aspect of the storyline, it might not have worked out that well for a longer arc, especially when Hop isn't featured here to begin with. Plus, I still think that four episodes would have been fine if there was a bit more build up. There were some teases like Eternatus appearing back in episode twelve and Sonia and Chairman Rose appeared in the anime beforehand, but the setup seems minimal, especially when they haven't spent a lot of time in Galar. Granted, they usually spend more time in Galar than most of the other regions, but even then, the focus of most of their Galar trips didn't really involve buildup to this arc.

It was still pretty cool to see more of Galar, some of its Pokemon, and seeing Chairman Rose unleash all of that Dynamax energy gave some some good tension. Ash flying around through Galar on Dragonite was pretty cool too. I was hoping for Team Rocket's Meowth to Gigantamax, but I didn't think it would happen. I'd love to see Gigantamax Pikachu vs. Gignatamax Meowth. That would be fun. Seeing the Legendary Wolves was cool and Goh possibly getting Gigantamax Cinderace during the arc sounds neat too. At the very least, having a four part arc is still more than what we've gotten during the series and hopefully won't be a one time deal either. Having multi-episode arcs or even just longer trips through a region would really help with the world traveling aspect. Despite being the main gimmick of the series, it really doesn't seem like they use it well. Ash ad Goh shouldn't need to go back to their homebase seemingly at the end of every episode. I hope that the arc itself will still be good, but I also hope that it leads to other longer arcs set within specific regions in the future. Also that we can get more Galar Pokemon to showcase in general since I do wish that the series focused a bit more on the newest Pokemon instead of a lot of classic/popular Pokemon.

The Mewtwo shown at the end does have an appearance similar to Mewtwo from the first movie. It would be cool to see Ash reunite with the first Mewtwo. They haven't seen each other since the Mewtwo Returns special and it would make it more interesting than if it was just another Mewtwo that looked the same as the first one. Plus, Goh's reaction to meeting a clone of Mew would be pretty interesting too.

Can someone with better understanding of Japanese translate what Chairman Rose said about 35 seconds into the special preview? I thought he said "Mugen no Energy", but that would be way too close to the Japanese term for "Infinity Energy". Or is he just saying he want infinite amounts of energy from Eternatus?

Also, Ash's Dragonite in the Galar Region? Must be for the promotion of the Crown Tundra DLC :sneaky:

Can someone with better understanding of Japanese translate what Chairman Rose said about 35 seconds into the special preview? I thought he said "Mugen no Energy", but that would be way too close to the Japanese term for "Infinity Energy". Or is he just saying he want infinite amounts of energy from Eternatus?
Rose is after Infinity Energy? Bruh, you don't have to cause an apocalypse just to get cheaper deals on solar panels. ;) (I realise that joke makes no sense to anyone not living in Britain.)

Anyways, to answer your question. What he said (within limited context) was "正に無限のエナジー ....素晴らしい。"
So yeah, he wants limitless energy from controlling Eternatus somehow.

In retrospect, the reason I'm excited about this arc is that, for the first time, Ash and Gou will be separated. With the exception of PM032, these two have been stuck together like glue, I'm interested to see them operating independatly for a few episodes.

I assumed we'd get G-Meowth vs G-Pikachu but fighting Leon is even funnier.

Also really hope that's OG Mewtwo.

That awkward moment when your dopey Pikachu face intended to be on screen for a half second is immortalized in the trailer.

One of the ears is miscolored, too.

You still on about that.

It. Ain't. Happening.

JN34 solidified that Go hates battling to get something done.
And he can still change his mind. GMAX Cinderace has to be used for something. I think aftet the Galar crisis Go will register for the PWC :)

And he can still change his mind. GMAX Cinderace has to be used for something. I think aftet the Galar crisis Go will register for the PWC :)
Or he could use it Max Raid Battles, if those are ever introduced. Or maybe there are some other non-WCS related battle events in Galar that he can participate. At the very least, I see Cinderace Gigantamaxing during the upcoming crisis.

This does raise an interesting question. What real use does Go have for a Dynamax Band? The only 2 uses are in Galar stadiums and Max Raid dens. The former would be Ash’s place to shine with Dynamax but for the latter, any time they do raid battles, it’s in Pokémon Go style rather than being a Max Raid. While they’re without a doubt gonna use it to show off G-Max Cinderace, beyond that singular thing, it feels like a similar situation to SM where they gave everyone a Z-Ring simply because they existed in the main even if it would be rendered pointless due to half of them not being battlers.

This does raise an interesting question. What real use does Go have for a Dynamax Band? The only 2 uses are in Galar stadiums and Max Raid dens. The former would be Ash’s place to shine with Dynamax but for the latter, any time they do raid battles, it’s in Pokémon Go style rather than being a Max Raid. While they’re without a doubt gonna use it to show off G-Max Cinderace, beyond that singular thing, it feels like a similar situation to SM where they gave everyone a Z-Ring simply because they existed in the main even if it would be rendered pointless due to half of them not being battlers.
All the more reason for Go to enter the PWC. Someone has to showcase there GMAX forms of the three Galarian starters

All the more reason for Go to enter the PWC. Someone has to showcase there GMAX forms of the three Galarian starters
As much as I’d like Go to start battling more beyond just the occasional wild Pokémon and TRio so the strong and popular Pokémon he catches don’t feel totally wasted, I really doubt that’s ever happening.

Last edited:
As much as I’d like Go to start battling more beyond just the occasional wild Pokémon and TRio so the strong and popular Pokémon he catches don’t feel totally wasted, I really doubt that’s ever happening.
We'll see. People said Go would never use Dynamax and look what happened

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom