• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Yes, Rockapheller, I read on a very reliable japanese forum it's real! but it's apparently from some comics released at the beginning of a new Pokeani saga, I would be glad if this was Ash's design on the S/M anime...

Don't know why Team Rocket has to use new pokemon considering Ash is the main character.

Don't know why Team Rocket has to use new pokemon considering Ash is the main character.

At this point, even the TRio are the main characters. The little bit of their story is derived by their meagre amount of Pokemon. For eg. Arbok-Weezing release etc.

And, does anyone remember that troupe of Ekans and koffing which led to Arbok-Weezing release? What if they all had moved to Alola, and Jessie and James' Pokemon become the leaders of a whole troupe of Alolan Arbok and Weezing (if they get Alola Forms)? It could be a nice throwback to the OS episodes, and some emotional development of Jessie James and their Pokemon.

To be fair, who would have expected such immature and completely nonsensical outrage from the fanbase over a simple style change?

Guess they overestimated us.
Lol, keep in mind though. Gotta watch what you say, people rioted over a 30 second trailer. Who knows how they're going to take what you said.

Thought this video was useful in explaining the design change for Pokemon:

In short, digital animation is taking over. The designs have changed to make it easier for animators. Stock footage and images, and clean, on-model static characters are being replaced by more dynamic images that may look off model in certain shots but will move in more interesting ways.

He made a very good point as well, that now it won't just be the Pokemon moving but the humans as well.

Given the change in software and staff getting used to it, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the first few months don't produce outstanding quality. But it'll likely improve as the animators improve.

Thought this video was useful in explaining the design change for Pokemon:

In short, digital animation is taking over. The designs have changed to make it easier for animators. Stock footage and images, and clean, on-model static characters are being replaced by more dynamic images that may look off model in certain shots but will move in more interesting ways.

He made a very good point as well, that now it won't just be the Pokemon moving but the humans as well.

Given the change in software and staff getting used to it, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the first few months don't produce outstanding quality. But it'll likely improve as the animators improve.

I have seen that video earlier today. This guy makes very good points.

The design change of Ash is still quite poor and I don't like the animation style. I don't agree with the video.

Yeah, the animation style for SM looks terrible. It is like they are not even trying anymore.

Yeah, the animation style for SM looks terrible. It is like they are not even trying anymore.
Will you stop it!? You're one of the biggest complainers out there. Yes you have the right to voice your opinion, but you already voiced your opinion and you're now just talking in circles! We already know your opinion on the matter, we get it.

But the fact remains that the sun&moon anime hasn't come out yet, you're not helping anything, you're bashing every clip that gets released, every trailer that drops for the next episode of xyz....just stop! Geez.

Will you stop it!? You're one of the biggest complainers out there. Yes you have the right to voice your opinion, but you already voiced your opinion and you're now just talking in circles! We already know your opinion on the matter, we get it.

But the fact remains that the sun&moon anime hasn't come out yet, you're not helping anything, you're bashing every clip that gets released, every trailer that drops for the next episode of xyz....just stop! Geez.
What the heck is your problem? That opinion was new and no I wasn't talking in circles. I wasn't bashing anything. Stop having a go at me. Don't reply to me please if you are going to give me attitude.

I am getting really sick of being treated like (censored) on the forums. I really am.

What the heck is your problem? That opinion was new and no I wasn't talking in circles. I wasn't bashing anything. Stop having a go at me. Don't reply to me please if you are going to give me attitude.

I am getting really sick of being treated like (censored) on the forums. I really am.
You weren't bashing anything? Dude! You literally just said that the animation looked like crap in your last post.

K, you know what...i'm really sorry. Just frustrated. Surely you can understand.

You know the in thread warning I gave a couple of pages ago talking about how it's not cool to belittle and insult people for being optimistic about the series? The same goes for those who aren't excited or hopeful for the new series. That should have been obvious in both posts. I can understand being frustrated by all the negativity. I get tired of seeing that surrounding SM before it even started and how so many people are either assuming so much out of nothing or judging everything on a thirty second trailer too. But insulting them is not a solution. If people are bothering you that much, just ignore them. Confronting them and insulting them is not the way to go and if you can't handle a disagree without insulting someone, then you really aren't in the mood to handle a discussion.

I just wanted to further emphasis the need to keep the thread civil. Don't do this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom