• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not alone because I'm a fan of the new style as well. I've seen some good shows that use that particular art style and I like the idea of a Pokemon cast moving and expressing themselves in ways they never have before. Part of the reason why I posted that video was to highlight some of the pros of the art shift.

But I do understand why some aren't a fan. Apart from taste and being so used to how Pokemon traditionally looks, it's a symbolic thing. Pokemon is changing and heading towards a new and uncertain direction; the things are that were always there and could be relied on aren't there anymore.

When are we slated for more anime news?

I'm getting a slight Naruto vibe from this new season. I wonder if a similar format would work for the Pokemon anime.

*Ash-Greninja in the games!
*From the starters mid evolutions, the Litten and Rowlet ones are cool/decent and fit Ash, Popplio's too girly for him.
*Mega evolutions confirmed for S/M! but I doubt Ash will ever get one. XD

Probably see at least one episode of the SM anime before deciding whether to like it or not but so far nothing of the series has sparked my interest.

Well...I get the feeling that Festival Plaza and PokePelago--or at least elements from them--will give them quite a bit to work with, even if it's light fluff & fillers.

Calling it again: Dartrix will STILL be a sassy spotlight stealer. Heck it looks like would be an even bigger than Rowlet! ;)

Since Mega-Evo is back, I hope we get to see some that weren't in XY (which is a lot)...and just hope Alan and Korrina stay out of it!

Not happy at the prospect of Ash-Greninja coming back though. I had more than enough of him in XY, thank you. Let Ash use Pokémon that are more relevant...and not give several of them the shaft again... :cautious:

Last edited:
Pokepelago might hopefully mean that some of the pokemon stuck at the lab get an outing during this saga!

No comment on "Ash-Greninja" (they kept that name - seriously?!). Let's hope demo version means demo version only and it is not a feature of the game proper.

No comment on "Ash-Greninja" (they kept that name - seriously?!). Let's hope demo version means demo version only and it is not a feature of the game proper.
- It's called Ash-Greninja because it is literally Ash's Greninja - the site mentions it comes from 'certain someone' and the Japanese site makes it more obvious with pictures of Ash and Greninja since Greninja was just a Froakie.

- It is transferable from the demo to the game, but I don't think it will be normally available aside from that.

Say, with the new Poké Pelago thing revealed in the Sun and Moon trailer, does anyone think that feature could translate to the Anime with Ash's old Pokémon participating in it?

Say, with the new Poké Pelago thing revealed in the Sun and Moon trailer, does anyone think that feature could translate to the Anime with Ash's old Pokémon participating in it?

I hope so. It would be a great way for Ash to bring back his old Pokémon and give us a chance to see them every once in a while.

As cool as the Poke Pelago feature sounds like, I'm not sure if that is something that can translate in the anime. The Labs in the Pokemon anime are full of Pokemon, so it's not like they're stuck in a box or in their Pokeballs all day. If it does work into the SM series, that could be pretty neat, but it also sounds like a feature that wouldn't really work outside of a video game.

I hope so. It would be a great way for Ash to bring back his old Pokémon and give us a chance to see them every once in a while.
I hope not. I prefer Ash uses pokemon in the region he is currently in. Maybe in a battle facility he can use reserves.

If it does work into the SM series, that could be pretty neat, but it also sounds like a feature that wouldn't really work outside of a video game.
Why do you think not? I never pay much attention to these game promo videos but I'm sure I saw something about the storaged mons searching for treasure/befriending other pokemon on these islands - sounds like good anime material to me. I understand the argument about them having freedom of the outside world in the lab's grounds, but I can certainly envisage Satoshi bringing them for a beachside holiday as a passable excuse to showcase this feature.

New preview looked sweeeeeeet! The animation really is fab.

I love that we got new footage, but when are we going to get something concrete?

Like intro to the characters? Or what the whole school thing is about??

This presentation is much better than the last one. But I am still convinced they ought to have made this a total reboot/new character for this new anime. Connecting him to XYZ Ash is still nigh difficult, almost impossible even. But if I went with the mindset of a what-if Ash moved to Alola before his Kanto adventure (and Pikachu was already his pet Pokémon he got a special gift from Professor Oak), it feels more natural to me.

Considering that the Japanese live action trailer was about a Japanese family moving to Hawaii, I wonder if Hanako is going to move from Kanto to Alola in a similar fashion.
I think that would be a pretty big move considering that the base has always been Masara Town... I'm expecting her to come for a holiday only. Or if she did move, I'd expect her to move back at the end of the saga :p

I think that would be a pretty big move considering that the base has always been Masara Town... I'm expecting her to come for a holiday only. Or if she did move, I'd expect her to move back at the end of the saga :p

Anything is possible after XY changed or altered a lot of long standing rules. At least, it's more likely than during the BW season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom