• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash is using a Rotom Pokedex. Well that just wasted one slot on his team. I still don't like the new design of him.

Cun5w--WAAA7Ptf.jpg

I see the school life and class antics. Seems like the adventure here is the classroom. And it really does feel like a completely different show here.
Doesn't sound like an appealing series in my opinion.

First scene of Musashi/Kojiro is a fearhug omg this series is where it's at!

OP sounds catchy, yay Rica! Another very fun looking preview, first impression was that animation looked even better that the previous two.

Everything looks good except Ash. His face looks like a monkey's.

New preview with more facial expressions and school stuff (plus cooking). Samson Oak is basically Samuel Oak with longer hair. And that Tauro scene that many thought was merely a poster Ash was standing in front of? Actually, this preview confirms Ash is not standing in front of a poster... He's standing in front of three real Tauro racers ready to trample him.

Lillie seems to be scared of Pokemon in general lol

That animation has already grown on me, can't hate it at all and looks like the comedy is strong on this one

That animation has already grown on me, can't hate it at all and looks like the comedy is strong on this one
Yeah, it looks like that there's going to be a lot of funny moments such as Ash fanboying over Alolain Exsutor's tail and then ends up getting smacked across the room, and Team Rocket freaking out over Mimikyu.

Oh God Alola Ookido is literally other Ookido but browner. Couldn't Unsho Ishizuka have modified it a little bit?! It's not like he's not able to...

I'm excited for this to start airing. The animation, colors and overall atmosphere of what we have been shown makes XY looks bland in comparison.
It seems that sun&moon is starting with a one hour special instead of episode 1. Why do ya'll think that is?

I think it's just like XY, in that the 1hour special contains the first two episodes.
Oh, X&Y started with an hour special too? Hmmm, interesting. Is that just how they're doing it now? Like they're just going to start a new series with specials instead of episodes

Oh, X&Y started with an hour special too? Hmmm, interesting. Is that just how they're doing it now? Like they're just going to start a new series with specials instead of episodes
No, it will be the actual first two episodes - SM001 and SM002 - broadcast on the same day, that's all. It's not a special in the manner of the mega specials or hoso episodes or anything like that.
They did the same for XY001 and XY002.
And in DP they had DP001, DP002, and DP003 all in one!!

No, it will be the actual first two episodes - SM001 and SM002 - broadcast on the same day, that's all. It's not a special in the manner of the mega specials or hoso episodes or anything like that.
They did the same for XY001 and XY002.
And in DP they had DP001, DP002, and DP003 all in one!!

Ah, I forgot that they tend to do that with the start of a new series. I do hope that the dub is able to air the first two episodes as a sneak peek like what they did for XY. It would give fans of both version a chance to see what the series could be like.

Anyway, the trailers are pretty neat and I'm glad that we have a release date now. I kind of like the new poster too since it showcases all of the characters in the classroom quite nicely and the voices we've heard for the classmates sound nice to me as well. Togedemaru becoming Pikachu's rival is a bit surprising, especially when it looks excited to be with Pikachu in the poster, but that could create some unique dynamics between them.

The opening theme does sound catchy from what little you could hear of it and Ash getting a Rotom Pokedex is pretty neat. I wonder if the one hundred means that there are one hundred new Pokemon or if it's just to show it is in one hundred percent working order. I'm sure that it won't take up a slot of Ash's team though. I don't think that the Rotom Pokedex is supposed to take up a slot in your party in the games, so I don't see why that would be any different here. Samuel Oak looks like he'll be fun and I do kind of like the more comedy bits shown thus far. It's a bit extreme compared to what we have seen lately, but it doesn't make me think that Ash is going be stupid. He even gets to use a Z-Move in the trailer, so that's pretty neat.

It still looks like it could be a fun series. I just want to be hopeful and give the series a chance since it does look fun and interesting to me.

I wonder what that 100 means.

It's probably just loading. :p

Ash is using a Rotom Pokedex. Well that just wasted one slot on his team. I still don't like the new design of him.

I highly doubt it. There's no reports of the Rotom taking up a party slot in the games, right?

I wonder if it's (Samuel) Oak's Rotom?

They also aired BW001 and BW002 together. I believe they do it at the start of every new saga

Fortunately these recent trailers are looking nicer than the initial one. I'm becoming a bit more interested. More than anything I really want to know about the other characters. Based on this trailer it just seems like Kiawe is a calm and cool older brother type of figure to Ash and Sophecles seems similar to Clemont with his little computer thing (though his game description already suggested this). Lillie also seems to be easily frightened by Pokemon and the other girls don't show much of their personality at all. So I'm hoping we get more on them soon. Also, some more on Togedemaru would be nice since it was refereed to Ash Pikachu's rival.

I do hope Ash getting attacked/harmed by Pokemon doesn't become a major gag, but I can already see that happening:/

Oh btw, Dephender has posted the translation for that new poster:

Ash & Pikachu start a wacky school life!
The school Ash attends in the new series is not a normal school!? It'll be a hilarious onslaught of jokes!

The new anime is one never-ending laugh!

*A Tauros race against the young boy Kiawe!
*Region Formes: Principal Oak's Pokémon dress-up jokes really hit the mark!
*A rival for Pikachu appears!? You won't be able to take your eyes off Togedemaru!!

Airs every Thursday at 6:55pm on the 6 channels on the TV Tokyo Network!

The series starts Thursday November 17th with a 1 hour special!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom