• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters: The Lost Episodes?

LDEJRuff

Likes to show off.
Reaction score
I know that EP018, "Beauty and the Beach", was billed as "The Lost Episode" when it aired on Kids' WB. If TV Tokyo finally decided to air AG101, BW023 and BW024 in one shot, would they bill those episodes as "The Lost Episodes" (or "ポケットモンスター:ロスト・エピソード"), too?

Assuming they haven't destroyed copies, they'll eventually be brought up to the surface as some collector's novelty. But maybe not in our lifetimes.

I know that EP018, "Beauty and the Beach", was billed as "The Lost Episode" when it aired on Kids' WB. If TV Tokyo finally decided to air AG101, BW023 and BW024 in one shot, would they bill those episodes as "The Lost Episodes" (or "ポケットモンスター:ロスト・エピソード"), too?
"ポケットモンスター特別 エピソード :【取り消し!】!!?!"

To my knowledge, "Beauty and the Beach" was never released on DVD or Digital, and the late Maddie Blaustien confirmed that EP038 was dubbed, though still not allowed to air after the seizures its airing caused in Japan.

Maybe I should inform TPCi about this forum thread, and TV Tokyo, too?

I personally don't think AG101 will ever see the light of day, due to the episode's premise being so heavily based off of earthquakes, which is a common natural disaster in Japan (it was unaired due to earthquakes too) and also because of the fact that the move Earthquake or Fissure has never been used in the anime since this episode. Therefore, that would give me the indication that the writers are very keen to avoid the topic of that particular natural disaster.

Also, AG101 doesn't seem like a particularly interesting episode, anyways - it was supposed to be a filler episode, and considering how many years ago it would have been since its proposed airdate (thirteen), I doubt it's really a priority either.

BW023 and BW024 - TV Tokyo did release a statement in 2011 that they would air someday but considering they never updated on this initial statement since, and considering BW's run is over, I don't really think it'll happen.

the late Maddie Blaustien confirmed that EP038 was dubbed, though still not allowed to air after the seizures its airing caused in Japan.
She wasn't exactly a reliable source though. She used to tell tall tales about the show.

To my knowledge, "Beauty and the Beach" was never released on DVD or Digital, and the late Maddie Blaustien confirmed that EP038 was dubbed, though still not allowed to air after the seizures its airing caused in Japan.

Maybe I should inform TPCi about this forum thread, and TV Tokyo, too?

I highly doubt that they ever dubbed the Porygon episode. I remember Maddie Blaustien made that statement, but she could have mixed it up with another episode. Given the impact the episode had on the series, how infamous it was and how the people involved basically want people to forget that the episode ever happened, I really don't see how or why anyone would have been able to dub the episode. I could believe that they dubbed the Dratini episode since the Pokerap contained footage from that episode, but there's no solid indication that they had footage from the Porygon episode and there's no reason to believe that they did due to causing many people to have seizures.

I highly doubt that they ever dubbed the Porygon episode. I remember Maddie Blaustien made that statement, but she could have mixed it up with another episode. Given the impact the episode had on the series, how infamous it was and how the people involved basically want people to forget that the episode ever happened, I really don't see how or why anyone would have been able to dub the episode. I could believe that they dubbed the Dratini episode since the Pokerap contained footage from that episode, but there's no solid indication that they had footage from the Porygon episode and there's no reason to believe that they did due to causing many people to have seizures.

They even banned the whole Porygon line because of this episode.

The chance of those episodes even airing at all is extremely low, so low that chance of them airing is at -0.0000000000000000000000000000001% and you'll end up wasting your time waiting and hoping that they would air at all.

Pikachu's most damaging move: Seizures.

BTW, do producers/animators/etc watch the episodes before airing them, or were they immune to Seizures?

Pikachu's most damaging move: Seizures.

BTW, do producers/animators/etc watch the episodes before airing them, or were they immune to Seizures?

I'm pretty sure that there was some statement from someone involved with the anime saying that they didn't think that the light effects from the Porygon epsiode were potentially dangerous. I assume that they do watch the episodes before airing them roo.

I'm pretty sure that there was some statement from someone involved with the anime saying that they didn't think that the light effects from the Porygon epsiode were potentially dangerous. I assume that they do watch the episodes before airing them roo.

Adults have a different reaction to these types of effects?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom