• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters: The Origin English release announced: Pokémon Origins four-part mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pocket Monsters: The Origin English release announced: Pokémon Origins four-part mini-series ...

The offical Pokémon website has revealed an English trailer for the recently revealed Pocket Monsters: The Origin, with the English name "Pokémon: Origins".

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pocket Monsters: The Origin English release announced: Pokémon Origins four-part

God i can't wait to see this. I hope they eventually do a DVD release of it, in addition to the stream.

Re: Pocket Monsters: The Origin English release announced: Pokémon Origins four-part

I never thought this would be dubbed at all, but I'm surprised it is, though I will still probably only watch it when the Japanese version is subbed instead, since I usually don't like the Pokemon anime's dub.

I will give the English dub a chance myself, but I don't have much faith that it will be done well. Particularly the casting choices: I'll be very blunt in stating that I don't like how the current English dub of the Pokemon has done with that as it is, so I'm rather skeptical of how this will be handled. Regardless, I will give the dub of Pokémon Origins a chance.

All I can say is this: please pick voices that fit the characters. I don't care if it's Vic Mignogna or Chris Sabat or Michele Knotz or Lipica Shah: please, TPCi, pick people whose voices fit the characters. Also, please bear in mind their ages. :thumbup:

EDIT: Well, the narrator's voice of that trailer was GREAT. That's a good sign, IMO.

Last edited:

I'm a little surprised, but in the same light, shouldn't be too surprised.

I think this is great. I may just give this a try.

I'm mostly interested in the possibility that Pokemon TV will be used for specials from the main anime, such as the Cilan one we have coming up now. But this is nice too. I'll give it a watch when it comes out and enjoy the derpy animation in all its glory.

I will give the English dub a chance myself, but I don't have much faith that it will be done well. Particularly the casting choices: I'll be very blunt in stating that I don't like how the current English dub of the Pokemon has done with that as it is, so I'm rather skeptical of how this will be handled. Regardless, I will give the dub of Pokémon Origins a chance.

All I can say is this: please pick voices that fit the characters. I don't care if it's Vic Mignogna or Chris Sabat or Michele Knotz or Lipica Shah: please, TPCi, pick people whose voices fit the characters. Also, please bear in mind their ages. :thumbup:

EDIT: Well, the narrator's voice of that trailer was GREAT. That's a good sign, IMO.

You know they will have Sarah Natochenny voice Red, and you know that they will make him sound like Ash, which will anger many of the pro-Red anti-Ash people. I'd love those voice actors you had mentioned too (especially Vic Mignogna), but you know they will just use the same voice actors as the anime dub, they did it for the BW2 animated trailer and the Gates to Infinity animated trailers, so you know it's going to happen...

Since Junko (Naruto) is voicing Red in Origin's Japanese version, I say let Colleen (Luffy) voice him in the English version, no need to fight over Sarah and Veronica... But that may be just a pipe dream.

Anyway, I am a bit surprised, wasn't expecting them to release a dubbed version this soon. Looking forward to it.

Dub, huh? I'll give it a watch. (I don't really watch subs anyway.) But, it probably will be as RoboFloatzel said. Same bad voice actors. (Though I did think the BW2 trailer had some great voice actors.) I'm not too concerned though. I mean, I already have low expectations... so there's not much for them to ruin. And I'm sure anyone they get will be better than the snippet of very annoying Japanese Red I've heard for this. @_@

you know they will just use the same voice actors as the anime dub, they did it for the BW2 animated trailer

Uh, no. I'm pretty sure every single character in that trailer had a different voice then they did in the regular series. I know for sure that Bianca (thank god) and Elisa did, at least.

you know they will just use the same voice actors as the anime dub, they did it for the BW2 animated trailer

Uh, no. I'm pretty sure every single character in that trailer had a different voice then they did in the regular series. I know for sure that Bianca (thank god) and Elisa did, at least.

Yup, and Sarah Natochenny played Elesa in that trailer, of all people. And then Cheren and N had different VAs when they debuted in the regular series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom