• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Pocket Monsters: The Origin

Is there a way to watch this legally in america? instead of waiting for the dub.

Hey Dogasu, what was Sakaki saying about green? And why'd he switch out his 6 pokeballs for 2 ultra balls?

This was perfection... I don't even have the words to describe what I felt during watching it omfg... also I am in love with Mega Charizard X aka the perfectest Pokémon ever (and it's finally fire/DRAGON fuck yeah!)
I wish the other gens (especially BW) could get similar things to this, but that's obviously not gonna happen...

I wish the other gens (especially BW) could get similar things to this, but that's obviously not gonna happen...
They promised there would be more such specials in 2014 so I bet we'll be getting more.

They promised there would be more such specials in 2014 so I bet we'll be getting more.

that's a very vague statement tho, it could be literally anything, from random special quiz shows and such like they did in the past, to things like new Mystery Dungeon / Ranger games specials and so on
I really doubt any other gen is going to get something like what The Origin just did to gen 1
gen 1 got the advantage of being the original gen + being relevant to the current XY games...

So The Origin pretty much established that Red owns Mewtwo and this makes me wonder...
What if we meet Red in XY? and he's actually giving us Mewtwo eventually? N did give the BW2 player his dragon...

Lol, I guess this special proves Red ain't shit.

He had to use an overpowered Mega Pokemon to beat Mewtwo, lol. Talk about weaksauce.

I really liked the second episode. It was by far my favorite! But the first one was okay and the last two were kind of let-downs. They really built up Giovanni as a credible threat, but having him steamroll through Red's team with one Pokemon was really boring. The fact that most of Red's Pokemon went down quickly saved precious time, but I'm glad that the anime has Gym Leaders and trainers use the same amount of Pokemon (bar Roxie, and Whitney's rematch with Ash), because that was lame.

Mega Charizard X looks so much better animated than it does in the games and its official art. because of this special, I actually like it now. And the Mewtwo vs Mega Charizard match was wonderful to look at.

Honestly who uses a Persian or Dodrio to defeat the elite four though!?

Still better than ash thinking he can win a league using snivy and oshawott.

Yeah I guess so, but I really wish they didn't establish Red beat Blue's Blastoise using Charizard something that was already done in the anime.

Has anyone ever tried to do that in the game it's freaking impossible!

I've beaten Blastoise with Charizard in that battle. It's not difficult, though if your levels are comparable, keep some Hyper Potions handy.

Red said:
Is there a way to watch this legally in america? instead of waiting for the dub.

Not that I know of, no.

WildGamer said:
Hey Dogasu, what was Sakaki saying about green?

I don't remember off the top of my head...I'll have to check it out later.

And why'd he switch out his 6 pokeballs for 2 ultra balls?

I think he said it was because he recognized that Red was a special trainer for not giving up even after his beat down at the Silph Company, though I'm not 100% sure.

I haven't watched it yet. I only saw screenshots but It looks really great! I hope they make one for GSC too.

Young Giovanni to me was like asdfghjkl.

Is there a way to catch it again in Japan? I don't have TV Tokyo at my house and regardless, I was at the gym while it was airing.

What I've watched was kind of boring to me, but that may just be because it's very dialogue heavy and I don't understand Japanese at all. (I'm going to have to wait for a sub, or the dub I guess...) I did like how they had cries rather than just saying their name in iterations, and some of the battles were pretty neat since they didn't rely on stock animation. I wish they had to funding to make every battle in pokemon like that.

I liked this special. It felt a little bit like how Ash's journey will eventually end up like when he reaches his true potential.

My only pet-peeve was how little Red's other Pokemon did outside of getting knocked out and having montage battles.

[video=youtube;EAdGv89e0sE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGv89e0sE[/video]

Oh sweet jebus....that sound....

I was hoping they would save the brutal battling for a Gold and Silver Special co starring Silver.

Charmander's screaming will haunt me in my nightmares... I'm impressed that it already has 170.000 views.

Lmfao!!! And people think Red is better then Ash?? For what, having pokemon who can't do shit?? I mean take away Charizard and you have a nobody.

The biggest fail had to be Jolteon getting pwned by a Thunderbolt, da fuq??

Ya Ash>>>>>>>>>Red anyday.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom