• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Sad to see that it seems Koharu won't be leading a main role. Honestly, this is a big downer for me. I'm still looking forward to the series because it has some potential, but this just isn't right. It's good for the cast to have active female representation because the young girls who watch the series should also have representation and girls to look up to. While I definitely liked Ash's character as a kid, and I loved the Pokemon, I would not have enjoyed the series as much or followed it for as long as I did without Misty being there. She was a female character I could look up to.

I won't try to dash away any hope of them at least giving her a great personality and good development for the episodes she is in. We have had recurring characters in the past who get a lot of personality, so I will hope that this character can have the proper screen time to get this development, and so the girls watching this show don't feel so alienated, especially the young ones.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The Director for this Anime is the First Female Director for the Pokemon Anime and yet there is no Female Lead, how ironic.

Personally, I feel like Alola's Characters have the best chance of returning, considering how the end of SM was set up. But II don't think they'll toss out previous companions appearing one by one. I feel like SM's Characters are pretty much a guarantee and so is Clemont since Lumiose is basically the Head of Kalos.
They can go to Lumiose without encountering Clemont.

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
They can go to Lumiose without encountering Clemont.
That's highly impossible. The two main points of interest in Lumiose for Ash and Gou would be the Prism Tower and Sycamore Labs, both of which contain recurring characters.

Or do you expect them to enter the Lumiose catacombs to research all the skeletons?

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
That's highly impossible. The two main points of interest in Lumiose for Ash and Gou would be the Prism Tower and Sycamore Labs, both of which contain recurring characters.
They can just say that Clemont gave up his Gym and have a new character take over.

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
They can just say that Clemont gave up his Gym and have a new character take over.
Again, highly impossible with the way XYZ ended. Clemont doesn't even remotely seem like the type of guy to ever give up on Clembot, Prism Tower or Lumiose City especially after everything he's experienced thanks to Ash.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I'm just saying that he's not guaranteed to appear. We don't know what they're going to do in Kalos.

Finally with a Pokémon avatar
Reaction score
Or do you expect them to enter the Lumiose catacombs to research all the skeletons?
To be honest I'd find that a better use of a filler episode than a lot of the ones we got during Johto, and we gotta introduce new ghost types somehow.
Seriously though, I think it would be a serious waste not to revisit old characters when they have this opportunity. Maybe not gym leaders or even rivals but former traveling companions? After all, we got to see Misty during the Battle Frontier.

I mean, it's possible they'll avoid showing any old characters for whatever reason but if they were just going to burn down the past and salt the earth why not just do a standard Sword+Shield series?

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
As expected, it seems very likely like the TRio are going to start off on a bad note with their boss given their orders to come home today due to not producing good enough results. They happen to have left the only results they did produce (Miki + Hidoide) behind so...

Administrator
Reaction score
Why introduce the girl if she isn't going to travel?
That's what I keep wondering about myself. She may still play a key role without traveling, but I don't know what she could do when she's described as Go's childhood friend who goes to school. It just seems like such a weird and questionable choice to just have her on the sidelines while the boys go out and explore.

Why would they make such a round about way to not showcase Clemont? It would be extremely strange and out of character for Clemont to give up his Gym. At the most, he could have left his robot in charge again like he did during XY, but I don't see why they'd want to avoid Clemont or other previous traveling companions.

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I wanted the return of former companions and Pokemon way before today, but my goodness after that SM finale, I need it. So much for not getting my hopes up over something that might never happen...

I didn't realize young Ash was in those screenshots as well. I really appreciate that they're delving into the characters' pasts from episode one. Hopefully there's some more substance to it than what they tried with XY. Seriously, I love that they incorporated it, but was so disappointed that ultimately, there was such little meaning behind it.

I'm hurting from SM ending way more than I thought I would, so I'm really excited for this series to get started and to jump right in. I love that we're starting to get more and more information on it. Hopefully the special next week has some additional details and footage we haven't gotten yet!

Reaction score
(sorry I'm late. Go figure something like this happens when I'm unable to go on my computer for a couple of days x_x)

Oh, please tell me some of the Pokemon in that poster mean the return of old friends....

I'm kind of hoping the same foe the Pokemon shown in the trailer, but I on't want to get my hopes too high.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that absolutely no old companions are coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.