• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The Mysterious Garden is most likely coming back in Episode 3, so we might see some references to older sagas.

Someone
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a lot of continuity and references to the old series.
They don't have to, especially considering it would confuse younger fans and require them to bingewatch past episodes in order to understand what's going on. I don't see them ever doing that.
Oh boy... that didn't last very long.
The Mysterious Garden is most likely coming back in Episode 3, so we might see some references to older sagas.

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not so sure it is so related to the Mysterious Garden.

I mean, Ash and Go are going to investigate a mysterious situation related to Ivysaur.

However, the festival of Bulbasaur evolution wasn't a secret. The garden was a secret, but not the event of many Bulbasau evolving.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I saw the episode titles and I kind of cringed when I saw the Ivysaur one, but thank goodness the following ones are focusing on Galar and Dynamax. I was really getting worried they wouldn't start breathing about Galar until like 10 episodes in. I can only hope they stay in Galar for a good while. At least let Ash learn a bit about the region and especially the gym challenge while they're there.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
I know they're mainly using Lugia this series but I really hope that they might use the Magnet train at least once

Reaction score
PM001 being one hour long is weird, but that means it won't be rushed. The dub will likely split it on two, which means that we already know 6 episodes of the series.

I did expected a Galar arc soon
As seen in my signature
, but not this soon. Hopefully it finally confirms what Ash's goal is in this series.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was kind of automatically assuming they were going to Galar first, so nice to see that's actually the case. It's definitely the right choice with the games coming out next week. I'll be excited to see it represented in the anime!
Here's hoping it gets a fair amount of representation, like every location of note actually getting covered and not glossed over.... like a certain awesome town in the SM games >.>

If they can make new places in Galar like Shoot City(As far as we know anyways), I hope they actually do cover nearly all the game locations like every other generation has done

Always happy to help
Reaction score
So SS008 sees Ash and Gou visit Sinnoh whilst SS009 visits Johto

Reaction score
Once again, I hope there is scene where Team Rocket complains about Ash's constant globe hopping and trying to catch up with him.

Reaction score
Once again, I hope there is scene where Team Rocket complains about Ash's constant globe hopping and trying to catch up with him.
That's what Dragonite is for?

Speaking of which, I do hope we get something on them soon. They could be in an episode and we just don't know it yet, but I'm very curious how they meet Dragonite. And pray that it isn't just Bewear 2.0
Plus I'm intrigued on what they'll get this time Pokemon wise

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
The region hopping doesn't seem to have much order to it. I already feel whiplash and the show hasn't even started yet.

I do find it interesting they're skipping around announcing episodes. Maybe they're hiding something, like during the Alola League? All I know is if the Piplup and Crogunk in the artwork for episode 8 aren't Dawn and Brock's, I'm going to be pretty miffed. If out of all the Pokemon from Sinnoh they could've chosen to have a conflict is those two, and there's no connection...then that's just a weird, almost unfair, choice.

The artwork for each episode is really beautiful, though. I will say that.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The region hopping doesn't seem to have much order to it. I already feel whiplash and the show hasn't even started yet.

I do find it interesting they're skipping around announcing episodes. Maybe they're hiding something, like during the Alola League? All I know is if the Piplup and Crogunk in the artwork for episode 8 aren't Dawn and Brock's, I'm going to be pretty miffed. If out of all the Pokemon from Sinnoh they could've chosen to have a conflict is those two, and there's no connection...then that's just a weird, almost unfair, choice.

The artwork for each episode is really beautiful, though. I will say that.
It's possible that the name of an unrevealed Gen 8 Pokemon is in SS007's title.

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't been really following the news. But from what I read from these last couple of days, based entirely in the episodes' titles (there's already 9 out there lol) it's almost apparent that the focus of the series'll be Satoshi and Gou doing missions in a particular region then coming back to Kuchiba City. No badge quest whatsoever (although this one was sorta expected)

There're other things I'm wondering, like are we gonna have multiple references to past series, see old characters, etc? Furthermore, will we see Satoshi's reserves? It'd be nice if he rotate all Pokemon he's got while still getting new ones (which'd be the main focus)

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
Or Ash is gonna do like each Champion and that is just using his Ace (Pikachu)

Reaction score

Good call. Considering the premise of episode 8, I bet episode 7 is about reuniting with Dawn and Brock in Sinnoh. They want that to be a surprise hence not revealing the title. If those really are a different Piplup and Craogunk that would just be downright mean. But remember these two actually are some of the few Pokemon to appear on both promotional posters, so they must be recurring characters rather than just filler mons. That alone makes me think they probably are THE Piplup an Croagunk.

That's also what makes me think episode 5's Snorlax is Ash's. It's featured so prominently on the first poster (next to the Kanto starters no less). That makes it pretty likely to be a recurring character as well, and if so would really only make sense for it to be Ash's. There's also the line from the blurb:

"Compared with Satoshi, the power is transmitted.", (referring to Snorlax). That translation is probably slightly off but it sounds to me like Snorlax achieves Dynamax through cooperation with Satoshi, much like how Mega Evolution worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.