• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Wait, where? Which point of the video are you referring to?
I might be wrong but we see Ash, Pikachu, Oak and Mimey travelling by car around a certain area and I think it might also be the bit where Pichu was with the Kangaskhan

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
As a kid, I enjoyed a lot of random adventures with CotD. It's possible other kids will enjoy that too.

The point of making an anime easily accesible is to attract new audience. Past characters won't be so special for a new audience.

That said, although I don't think we will see old companions returning (especially not as permanent members of the cast), I would not assure that it will not happen.
If people enjoy CotD, I can pretty much guarantee they'll enjoy recurring characters more. For your second line, I'll just assume you didn't read @sc190191 or you wouldn't have typed that out.
Also, the SwSh wild battle theme remix sounds absolutely LIT. We NEED a soundtrack release. NOW.
Indeed, though I hope they also mix up every Gen's soundtracks. And for that matter, we need a proper BW, XY and SM anime OST release.

Reaction score
If people enjoy CotD, I can pretty much guarantee they'll enjoy recurring characters more. For your second line, I'll just assume you didn't read @sc190191 or you wouldn't have typed that out.
That not necessarily will happen. New audience could consider old characters not different from CotD, since they don't have the emotional attachment to these characters.

I've read some things that @sc190191 have say. I don't exactly know what you are speaking.

Reaction score
Ash and Gou when Koharu walks out. Are they going to turn this into a love triangle? I was just expecting her to be a generic side character who has a crush on Gou, but it will a bit more interesting and comedic if it's the other way around.

Reaction score
Thoughts on the Trailer

Animation - Looks a lot Dynamic. Pikachu's Thunderbolt Animation has to be the best we have received ( All of them were crap anyway except for XY's and SM's lol ). I wonder how they will animate Z-Moves when we get to Alola.
Funny Faces - I counted like 30 or more in this trailer. I don't know if this will be a trend for the entire Series but I really don't mind since I liked them in Sun & Moon. Most of them seem to be based off of Ash and Gou's Interactions, pretty cool.
Gou - Already liking him. I wonder if that battle between Scorbunny and Pikachu is taking place in Galar. Still have plenty of concerns regarding his goal.
Ash & Pikachu - I wonder if the Reason for the First Episode being about Pikachu is if it is going to be Ash's one and only Pokemon this series. Once again, just a thought. Ash's Personality seems to be lively and young as Sun & Moon but he doesn't seem to be playing around in Battles so that is a nice touch.

Overall, I'm pretty excited, but I'm not as excited for the First Episode as others are. I wonder what the reason for the First Episode to be Pikachu's Backstory is. Is it a gimmick to make the Episode Trend and make more people watch the series? Or is this Series going to be focusing a lot on Ash and Pikachu exclusively.

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
Ash and Gou when Koharu walks out. Are they going to turn this into a love triangle? I was just expecting her to be a generic side character who has a crush on Gou, but it will a bit more interesting and comedic if it's the other way around.
View attachment 128241View attachment 128242
That's like, the second time Satoshi shows any sort of crush right?

As far as I remember the only time was back in early-Kanto xD

Reaction score
I've read in Serebii that the blush is from shame. Same thing as his blushing at Suiren in SM1.

So, I guess we need to see the sub.

At least you tried...
Reaction score
I suspect the part starting at 14:03 is the aftermath of Pikachu getting kicked by Scorbunny, who is about to regret it's rash actions.

That thunderbolt looks very nifty. (y)

Love how the battle animation looks. I really hope the interview's comment about Ash's desire to be the strongest battler as a consistent backbone" means we'll get some great battles.

Administrator
Reaction score
The new footage looks pretty cool. I still like Ash's new outfit and his interactions with Go so far look pretty fun. I still don't know how I feel about Go or his goal, but he seems likable at least. That high five with Scorbunny was just adorable. I also like Ash's reaction to seeing Yamper for the first time since it is quite cute too. The new series still sounds potentially really good thus far for the most part.

Lovely
Reaction score
It looks like Gou and Satoshi are more excited with how they met such an awesome friend and can't wait to tell Koharu about it. I don't know if Koharu has a crush on anyone.

Also... Ash didn't have a crush on Misty, the favored heorine in many fan's hearts. Ash didn't have a crush on Dawn, who was a co-protagonist and had a lot of interaction with Ash, both friendship and battle-wise. Ash didn't have a crush on Serena, who actually had a crush on him for years and kissed him for god's sake! If Ash has a crush on Koharu now after all those years of zero romance - especially with Serena - this is going to be outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.