PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanas
Reaction score
I long since gave up optimism towards the series because it's always taken the worse route and just try to enjoy what gets presented to me while I try to ignore every series that came before. Doesn't mean it isn't annoying me.

Completely ignoring any previous companions or Regions and what Ash did there isn't in favor of catering older fans but way too easily possible. As we already know through the titles though, it really just is jumping from place to place just to be there instead of having any in-show red line. And so my last hopes for a greater continuity blows up and vanishes.
Nice, cheap excuse btw like people won't have anything to record the episodes and the internet doesn't provide the episodes in a variety of legal and illegal ways...
Well, this Episodic nature is mostly just taking previous Sagas to the extreme. Just means I won't be that excited for each episode like I was lately and just go back to watching them in bulks of 10-30 at a time though for the first ten I'll keep on watching weekly.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Just saw the new preview. I really am liking how this series looks. The backgrounds are absolutely stunning, and all the characters look really good in motion. Seeing Yamper run around looks absolutely amazing. You can definitely see the corgi inspiration in it with this animation. I'm still not all that fond of Ash's new outfit choice, but his overall design is still quite nice. Definitely feels like some good mix between a tiny bit of X and Y, but mostly the Power of Us movie and X and Y's style. He looks really good.

Gou looks especially awesome. I think they did a really great job designing his character, and he looks quite fluid in his animations. I'm quite interested in watching this series and see how his goals will play out. It's funny, I actually noticed in his design recently on how much the colors in his outfit remind me of Zorua. I would love to see him get a Zorua on his team just for this reason.

I'm definitely excited to see the first episode next Sunday! Just another week and it will be here.

Reaction score
Ash looks amazing but I'm still not sold on his outfit.
I love Yamper, it's cute. Not really feeling Scorbunny, it just looks like the typical cute starter behavior to me. That and the fact we have almost 10 episodes with no sign of Sobble or Grookey, basically seals it's fate to forever be a Scorbunny. At least Ash isn't stuck with it, Rowlet was what held his Alola team back and Go wants to catch them all so it's just fine if Scorbunny stays as is.

I saw Ash throwing a ball so I guess that means he should be catching something soon? That or him and Go are trying to catch the same thing, Ash has impulsed thrown pokeballs before(Venonat/Iris, Dunsparce, etc)
And I sure hope Team Rocket have gotten their Galar captures if they're attacking the twerps soon, be annoying if they just show up with nothing to defend themselves

Reaction score
Ash looks amazing but I'm still not sold on his outfit.
I love Yamper, it's cute. Not really feeling Scorbunny, it just looks like the typical cute starter behavior to me. That and the fact we have almost 10 episodes with no sign of Sobble or Grookey, basically seals it's fate to forever be a Scorbunny. At least Ash isn't stuck with it, Rowlet was what held his Alola team back and Go wants to catch them all so it's just fine if Scorbunny stays as is.

I saw Ash throwing a ball so I guess that means he should be catching something soon? That or him and Go are trying to catch the same thing, Ash has impulsed thrown pokeballs before(Venonat/Iris, Dunsparce, etc)
And I sure hope Team Rocket have gotten their Galar captures if they're attacking the twerps soon, be annoying if they just show up with nothing to defend themselves
That Ash and Gou throwing Pokeball Thing may just be an eyecatch to use during ad-breaks.

Someone
Reaction score
That not necessarily will happen. New audience could consider old characters not different from CotD, since they don't have the emotional attachment to these characters.

I've read some things that @sc190191 have say. I don't exactly know what you are speaking.
If the audience doesn't seem interested in a recurring character with actual history with the main lead, why would you ever think they'd be interested in some random CotD throwaway character that Ash has no connection to? That's pretty much what @sc190191 goes into detail about with an actual example.
Ash didn't have a crush on Serena, who actually had a crush on him for years and kissed him for god's sake!
To be fair, she kissed him at the very end and he did react (after an initial period of being stunned) with glassy eyes and a bright smile (not to mention his memories of her were hers individually and not as a part of a group). Maybe if it had happened earlier then things would have been different.

Last edited:
Someone
Reaction score
Fighting over who gets the top bunk. Go and Ash really are brothers. :p
Go rhymes with bro.
I initially wanted Gou to be Ash's cousin (if not him, then at least Koharu/Sakuragi due to the hair color being similar to Delia's). Guess I got my wish in a way (though those three can always be blood related to Ash and it's not yet revealed).

Bugsss... Buzzzz
Reaction score
I'll be honest, part of me is actually hoping riding Lugia may be an occasional thing (maybe even a one off) as the preview trailer shows early on what was seen in the image

Status
Not open for further replies.