• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
Ugh, lame. I feel like Disney XD is starting to slack on the dub the way CN did before they got rid of it. First the movie, now this. As someone who watches and enjoys the dub, it's really disappointing.

I too really enjoy learning dub names and getting to compare voices, so I get really excited for the previews. Definitely seems like a poor choice if they want to generate interest in the new series dub wise, especially since this is such a different take on the show.

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh, lame. I feel like Disney XD is starting to slack on the dub the way CN did before they got rid of it. First the movie, now this. As someone who watches and enjoys the dub, it's really disappointing.

I too really enjoy learning dub names and getting to compare voices, so I get really excited for the previews. Definitely seems like a poor choice if they want to generate interest in the new series dub wise, especially since this is such a different take on the show.
I'm not too sure if they're responsible for the movie situation, if only because there was seemingly no attempt to give it a limited release it in theaters. Disney XD wouldn't be involved with that. They could be more responsible for not airing the sneak peak of the new series by comparison, but it's probably just as likely that TPCI isn't getting the sneak peek of the dub ready in time for them to air it. It's still really disappointing, but it might not be entirely due to Disney XD. I don't think that Disney XD is on Cartoon Network's level of slacking on the dub yet. At least they've been more consistent with its premiere slot and promotes the series through their Anime block promo, which is more than what Cartoon Network did for the last two series they aired on their lineup.

The new series is canon to OS-SM.
Ash left his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring in his room in Pallet Town.
That's a really cool image. It seemed really clear that this wasn't a reboot or set within a different universe, but extra clear confirmation is always good. I also had a feeling that Ash would leave his Z-Ring back in his room.

At least you tried...
Reaction score
I see the Orange League trophy and Frontier plaque next to it, and what seems to be badge cases. I don't remember the object to the right of the OI trophy, though.

I'm not positive why he left the Z-Ring behind. Maybe he thinks it would be an unfair advantage outside Alola where it's possible nobody else can do it? Although he used it against Misty.
EDIT:
Huh, the responses to the tweet are full of comments about it being a continuation and not a reboot (if the translation is accurate), so I guess it was debated in the Japanese fandom, too?

Reaction score
Wait, is that Lillie's Doll? Looks like he ditched that teddirusa thing May gave him. On a Side Note, GREAT TO SEE SOME CONTINUITY. I hope he takes his Z-Ring with him when he goes to Alola with Gou.

Reaction score
Why... why did they add two objects that have no significance(The RM statue and Clefairy doll), and remove the souvenirs Ash had displayed in his room up to BW?
To be fair, those souvenirs were only from Sinnoh and were only shown in BW.

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
Welp, that's official hard coded evidence of it not being a reboot, I hope that puts the debate to rest. Also interesting to note that Orange Islands hasn't been forgotten at all, I hope that means we see related strands to it like Ivy, the GS Ball and Tracey (the last one seems most likely).

Now this series needs to be heavy on continuity to reach full potential, especially given that some of the early revealed episodes have possible past characters. If they decide to pull a bait-and-switch this early then that's sending a wrong message and pretty much giving a middle finger to a large portion of the fanbase.

Let's see... I can see the BF symbols, the Hoenn+Sinnoh+Unova+Kalos badges, the Z-Ring(+crystals presumably), the Manalo and MR Exhibition trophies, Orange Island trophy. I assume the Clefairy doll is a gift from Lillie. Can't remember where the 'crown' is from though. Kind of surprised that Kanto and Johto badges are missing.

Last edited:
Majestic
Reaction score
I don't remember the object to the right of the OI trophy, though.
Can't remember where the 'crown' is from though. Kind of surprised that Kanto and Johto badges are missing.
That's the special commemoration badge each Trainer received from Mr. Goodshow at the closing ceremony of the Indigo League.

As for the Kanto and Johto Badges, he kept those in his OS jacket and not in a case. But I agree it would still have been nice if they had been displayed here alongside the rest.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
One of my complaints about 4Kids was the length between episodes airing in Japan and in America, often it was around a year so hopefully TPCI will stick to its current gap, if not improve

Reaction score
I love this picture but it reminds me of a similar shot is Best Wishes- which didn’t really rely super heavy on continuity.

I’m struggling to identify all these items, who wants impress me?

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
I love this picture but it reminds me of a similar shot is Best Wishes- which didn’t really rely super heavy on continuity.
BW is the black sheep of the anime though, from the very first episode they made their marketing intentions clear to have it be a reboot (only to back out on that decision later on).
I’m struggling to identify all these items, who wants impress me?
You're welcome.
Let's see... I can see the BF symbols, the Hoenn+Sinnoh+Unova+Kalos badges, the Z-Ring(+crystals presumably), the Manalo and MR Exhibition trophies, Orange Island trophy. I assume the Clefairy doll is a gift from Lillie. Can't remember where the 'crown' is from though. Kind of surprised that Kanto and Johto badges are missing.
That's the special commemoration badge each Trainer received from Mr. Goodshow at the closing ceremony of the Indigo League.

As for the Kanto and Johto Badges, he kept those in his OS jacket and not in a case. But I agree it would still have been nice if they had been displayed here alongside the rest.

Reaction score
BW is the black sheep of the anime though, from the very first episode they made their marketing intentions clear to have it be a reboot (only to back out on that decision later on).

You're welcome.
ah, I was too lazy to scroll through the thread. Thank you.

So, that blue trophy is from the Indigo league?

Status
Not open for further replies.