• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Just found a leak in a post HDvee uncovered today. Couldn't find a link to the source, which lead me to copy down word-for-word...

- Go's English name is Chase
  • Ash and Go Region-Hop via Lugia
  • Ash is going to be primarily focused on trying to win the Leagues that were in previous seasons, Chase is primarily focused on catching Pokemon
  • There will be episodes dedicated to Ash and Chase teaming up to fight against Legendary and Mythical Pokemon
  • Ash's Charizard now has a son, which Chase will get
  • The Jigglypuff from the OS series is back as a recurring Pokemon
  • Team Rocket are still in. The Bewear from Sun and Moon has been replaced by a Dragonite role-wise
  • Ash's Greninja will be back for the Kalos episodes
  • A lot of the Galar episodes focus on Dynamax/Gigantomax battles
  • All of Ash's previous travel companions will return for some episodes periodically, as well as Gary, Lyra, Khoury, Paul, N, Bianca, Alain, Shauna and Gladion
  • Each Region will have a new main female with it. Kanto gets Jodi (Who is in the games as Green), Johto gets Elaine, Hoenn gets Lisia, Sinnoh will get the Lisia equivalent who'll be introduced in the DP Remake, Unova gets Rosa, (Hilda will also be in but she'll be a rival to Rosa), Kalos gets Emma, Alola gets Selene, and Galar gets Gloria.
  • Jodi and Serena will meet at one point, Jodi flirts and teases her about Ash's crush. (That's why I put the pic above)
  • Ash has a crush on Gloria
  • Ash will have rivalries with Hop, Bede and Marnie in Galar
  • The main villain of the series is Eternatus, which is a very powerful alien Pokemon who got defeated by Zacian and Zamazenta in ancient times. Gets re-awakened by increased amounts of Dynamaxing and Gigantomaxing.
Is this person reading from the first poster we've got? We haven't got any wind of all this yet, but I thought I show you all this and see what you think...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just found a leak in a post HDvee uncovered today. Couldn't find a link to the source, which lead me to copy down word-for-word...

Is this person reading from the first poster we've got? We haven't got any wind of all this yet, but I thought I show you all this and see what you think...
Fake lmao. Not even trying to be real.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score

God that is so fake

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Also, it looks like SM145 will be the last episode to the Sun and Moon series on 27th October before the 2 week hiatus to PM001 & PM002 (I'm sure that's how you pronounce the new series)

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
Also, it looks like SM145 will be the last episode to the Sun and Moon series on 27th October before the 2 week hiatus to PM001 & PM002 (I'm sure that's how you pronounce the new series)
How do you know? Any source?

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
How do you know? Any source?
Pokemon usually leave a hiatus between each series with a total of 2-3 weeks, if my memory serves me, XY140 ended on the 27th October, which then lead to a 2 week hiatus before SM001 & 2 came out on 17th November.

Reaction score
Pokemon usually leave a hiatus between each series with a total of 2-3 weeks, if my memory serves me, XY140 ended on the 27th October, which then lead to a 2 week hiatus before SM001 & 2 came out on 17th November.
No we had two Specials in that Two Week Gap.

Someone
Reaction score
The leak sounds too much like fan-fiction, to be honest. I highly doubt they will put in such amount of fanservice in this anime. Unless this is the new way to get more viewers.
Why not? I mean, they did mention that they want the new series to appeal to fans of all the generations of the anime.

That leak looks faker than Kim Kardashian's plastic surgery. Also, you edited in some points later.

At least you tried...
Reaction score
The two things that seem most unlikely are Ash having a crush and using Lugia as a taxi (in that order, even). Others range from seemingly tame and possible to not impossible but unlikely, but adding all the improbable stuff up makes me skeptical. For instance, I have trouble imagine them fitting six leagues into one series unless they skip most of the battles--if nothing else, that sounds a lot like a fan service extravaganza.

Ash's Charizard now has a son, which Chase will get
If this happens I hope we get a scene of Ash dropping Charizard off at a daycare then riding around on a bike in circles.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Just for the game if they do something like a PWT.

Also what is the difference between a Minor and Major League? Does that mean the past Gyms were Minor Leagues?

Sounds to me like Ash will compete in the Major Leagues, whilst Gou in the Minor Leagues in Galar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pokemon anime without a female protagonist? Never.

For me it looks like we're getting two sets of characters with their own journey culminating into both groups meeting at the end or a couple of times through the series. Similiar to Alain in XY + Mega-Evolution special, but more frequent.

So I guess Go + girl and Ash + a girl and a boy. This would be quite a good idea in terms of writing and pace because they could do Go and his crew covering Kanto-Alola while Ash and his friends travels through Galar.

Status
Not open for further replies.