• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pokemon anime without a female protagonist? Never.

For me it looks like we're getting two sets of characters with their own journey culminating into both groups meeting at the end or a couple of times through the series. Similiar to Alain in XY + Mega-Evolution special, but more frequent.

So I guess Go + girl and Ash + a girl and a boy. This would be quite a good idea in terms of writing and pace because they could do Go and his crew covering Kanto-Alola while Ash and his friends travels through Galar.
Ash and Go are adventuring over all the Regions tho. Its drawn in the background of the poster with the duo traveling on a Lugia, adventuring in the tropical setting and etc. The Pokemon Anime isn't the same Pokemon Anime it was back when XY was airing. Things have started to change ever since SM.

Reaction score
The anime style is still very cartoonist and sorely childish. I'm in my twenties....
So, maybe XY was my last season with the anime.

:cry:

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
The anime style is still very cartoonist and sorely childish. I'm in my twenties....
So, maybe XY was my last season with the anime.

:cry:
Last season can actually be SM since there's no showing of any Gen 8 Pokemon. Even this year in the anime, nor movies.

Reaction score
Well... both Ash and Gou can do Gym battles now. That issue is solved at least.

Penguin Pokémon
Reaction score
I've seen 14,000,605 different timelines and in only one of them fans will be satisfied with the upcoming Pocket Monsters series, the rest including this one fans will hate it.

I feel like I have to mention I'm kidding everytime I make a post like this so no one takes me seriously.

Reaction score
I've seen 14,000,605 different timelines and in only one of them fans will be satisfied with the upcoming Pocket Monsters series, the rest including this one fans will hate it.

I feel like I have to mention I'm kidding everytime I make a post like this so no one takes me seriously.
I mean, its the Pokemon Fandom really. There's really no need to take fans seriously.

Teen Punk PokéNerd
Reaction score
Why would Go do Gym battles ? His goal is to catch every Pokemon and find Mew, not to become Pokemon Master.
To train up his Pokemon (nobody wants weak ones!), he has to have a role in the end of the series where something bad happens and Ash and everyone else saves the region, this has been part of the normal story structure for 7 generations and I see no reason for them to change it up.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
So no Elite 4 for Galar, since there will be 18 Gyms with 18 Types. Unless the Elite 4 will be mixed typings.

Reaction score

Does that one timeline feature Gao as a girl? Because I think that may have at least inched us closer to the correct timeline :p

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Reading Serebii's post on the new anime, it sounds to me like Go is the male version of Dawn to how events would lead him and Scorbunny together.

Reaction score
Then, i hope, by God's grace, that Scorbunny don't be so annoying as Piplup

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Then, i hope, by God's grace, that Scorbunny don't be so annoying as Piplup
Same, also hope it won't be as annoying as Oshawott, Chespin and Rowlet, I prefer battle serious Pokemon

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Now that we know Galar will have 18 gyms, I hope Ash will be doing the league challenge in Galar more than ever. Heck, they can even have Gou do some since there are so many. Maybe Ash will take on the major league and Gou the minor league.

Reaction score
To train up his Pokemon (nobody wants weak ones!), he has to have a role in the end of the series where something bad happens and Ash and everyone else saves the region, this has been part of the normal story structure for 7 generations and I see no reason for them to change it up.
You don't have to go after the gyms to train your Pokemon. How all Ash's previous companions did ?

Go can be a trainer or even save the world without parricipating to the league.

They brought up 2 protagonists with 2 different goals, that would be pretty lame if they ended up doing the same thing.

Reaction score
Reading Serebii's post on the new anime, it sounds to me like Go is the male version of Dawn to how events would lead him and Scorbunny together.
I just hope it’s not another case of them sticking the starter to mascot status and thus don’t let it evolve.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Seems like the new series will be far more Battle Focused than we thought. Far more than DP and XY

Status
Not open for further replies.