• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
What if Ash uses the Rotom Phone to call previous companions?

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Information courtesy of Pokémon Fan

POCKET MONSTERS
A new TV show

It will premiere November 17th at 5:30pm as an extra long live special!!

The show will air every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo Network!

The new show that will soon begin will have two protagonists! What kind of adventures will they have?

THE TWO ADVENTURING PROTAGONISTS!!
The name of the boy that carries the story along together with Satoshi is named Go. Look forward to the new adventure they will take you on!

SATOSHI:
Satoshi's clothes are new as well! The item he holds in his right hand and the content of his backpack are both very intriguing!
PIKACHU:
It's already one in body and soul with Satoshi! The irreplacable partner!
GO:
He looks about as tall as Satoshi! We're waiting impatiently to see him animated!
HIBUNNY:
One of the new and interesting Pokémon already makes its appearance! In what way is it related to Go?!

The show is set in EVERY REGION!!

This time the adventure isn't just limited to a single region! We'll no doubt be meeting more Pokémon than we can count!

Reaction score
With regards to the rotating co-protagonists, I'd like to see the girls out of their home region tbh.

Kanto - Lillie (and Gloria if she even appears)
Johto - May if she even appears again, Clemont and Sophocles
Hoenn - Iris
Sinnoh - Mallow
Unova - Misty and Kiawe
Kalos - Lana and Cilan
Alola - Dawn
Galar - Serena

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Heart and soul...? So, does he and Ash maybe have a past with each other? Kinda like with Serena only more fleshed out? It would be nice if Ash had for once a good human friend because in my eyes he never really had one. With Misty and Iris he only really argued about things and got into a fight with them, Brock, Cilan, and Clemont were more there to cook for him and provide medical help and with Tracey, May, Max, Serena, Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles he didn't really share much of about with them. The closest ones I can call out as true friends are Dawn and Prof. Kukui. And even both of them are a hard stretch.

This is something I personally want to see from the new anime. More human relationships. We already know the relationship between Ash and Pikachu, and Pikachu isn't really that interesting as a character because he doesn't has that much depth to it. Like many other Pokémon, it is very loyal to him, but besides that, it doesn't offer much as a character.

Reaction score
Gee, the writer sure has a strange fascination for seeing what's in his backpack.
Maybe a pc full of his pokemon lol

Interesting they are hinting Ash past. He wants to battle because of a certain event in his past.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Interesting they are hinting Ash past. He wants to battle because of a certain event in his past.
Could it be that guy who own Pasio?

Information courtesy of Pokémon Fan

POCKET MONSTERS
A new TV show

It will premiere November 17th at 5:30pm as an extra long live special!!
The show will air every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo Network!

The new show that will soon begin will have two protagonists! What kind of adventures will they have?

THE TWO ADVENTURING PROTAGONISTS!!
The name of the boy that carries the story along together with Satoshi is named Go. Look forward to the new adventure they will take you on!

SATOSHI:
Satoshi's clothes are new as well! The item he holds in his right hand and the content of his backpack are both very intriguing!
PIKACHU:
It's already one in body and soul with Satoshi! The irreplacable partner!
GO:
He looks about as tall as Satoshi! We're waiting impatiently to see him animated!
HIBUNNY:
One of the new and interesting Pokémon already makes its appearance! In what way is it related to Go?!

The show is set in EVERY REGION!!

This time the adventure isn't just limited to a single region! We'll no doubt be meeting more Pokémon than we can count!
An affectionate bond in true friendship. That’s a rarity these days since people today would no doubt think of the relationship as something else

Reaction score
What did they say about the starters?

Majestic
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for continuity so I hope that:

1. This is a continuation of Ash's journey and not some AU. I am led to believe that, thankfully, the former is likely to be the case. But I'm not going to be happy unless we get official confirmation, hopefully Sunday.

2. If this is a continuation, there will be connections or at least nods to past events and/or characters. Traveling to past regions gives that opportunity. I want this series to be its own thing and not some nostalgiafest, but I do hope that the traveling aspect gives some room to properly integrate some more continuity.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Pikachu and Gou must be the same person.

Also hopefully the contents of Ash's backpack are 5 previously retired Pokemon
We could see some of the old Pokemon coming back, such as Ash's Greninja, James' Chimcho and Cacnea and other things in this new series. If there is going to be a DP remake next year (Which is more than likely due to merch next year), then we can guarentee that the Sinnoh Arc is going to be big, just as the Galar Arc for the first season would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.