• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I reckon for the english dub, the theme will be a nostalgic revamp of the original theme. Something like this. Come to think about the lyric, that fits both Ash and Gou all over.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prt1jjuivM8

Lyric...

Ash: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.
Gou: To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.
Ash: We will travel across the world, searching far and wide.
Gou: Each Pokemon to understand, the power that's inside.

Both: Pokemon, gotta catch em all.

Ash: It's you and me.
Gou: We know it's our destiny.
Both: Pokemon.

Ash: Oh, you're my best friend.
Both: In a world we must defend.

Both: Pokemon, gotta catch em all.

Ash: Oh so true.
Both: Our courage will pull us through.
Gou: You teach me...
Ash: And I'll teach you.

Both: Pokemon

Ash: Gotta catch em all
Gou: Gotta catch em all
Both: Pokemon

Last edited:
Someone
Reaction score
I really hope he changes his clothing every now and then. Having 2, even 3 signature outfits that are rotated on a regular basis could be a decent idea that they've never done before and keeps things fresh. Not to mention a way to promote outfit sales and shit...

Then again, I'm not really a fan of shorts.

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
The show is set in EVERY REGION!!
This time the adventure isn't just limited to a single region! We'll no doubt be meeting more Pokémon than we can count!
As if they don't already cram in as many Pokemon as they possible can already...

I'm FAR more interested in the humans. Bring on the old rivals, Gym Leaders, and Eltie 4 Members, baby!
^sigh^
I'd say bring on the villains...but it's too little, too late :cry:

Reaction score
I was thinking of another episode idea where, if Ash does get a Sobble, and Greninja does return, I could see Greninja and Sobble as a sort of brotherly bond, a sort of protector for the little kid.
That would be cool.
Imagine Sobble evolving similairly like Froakie did when Sanpei's Greninja needed help.

Reaction score
The Gym Stuff is doomed. I hope it won't be the focus in the anime. Going to another town to collect badges is fun when you play but boring to watch.

Reaction score
The Gym Stuff is doomed. I hope it won't be the focus in the anime. Going to another town to collect badges is fun when you play but boring to watch.
Depends on just how battle focused things are. When there’s not a whole lot of battles going on, Gum battles are some of the most entertaining to watch since we get to see Ash’s skills as a trainer at work in an important battle rather than against TRio for the millionth time.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Then what is the difference between major and minor gyms? Seems fishy.
Just like there's Major/Minor Leagues Baseball and Football/Soccer.

For instance...

Minor League Football in the UK are Preston, Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton (Locally)

Whilst Major League Football in the UK are Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsonal (Global)

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
About one in body and soul thing:
Adamant said:
Considering Pokemon Fan used that "one in body and soul" line TWICE about Satoshi and Pikachu's bond, I think she might have been referring to Satoshi and Pikachu here, not Satoshi and Go. (Sorry shippers)

Administrator
Reaction score
To tell the truth, considering they sent a correction, I bet it's Game Informer's fault this time.
Yeah, that seemed pretty likely. Admittedly, I'm disappointed that we don't have that many Gyms to battle in this time around, but blaming Game Freak/TPC over a mistake that Game Informer most likely made is a bit much.

It feels like a bit of an exaggeration to say that it's doomed just because we are getting the same amount of Gyms this time around. That's also kind of a strange claim to make in regards to collecting badges. Every series up until SM primarily involved Ash traveling around to another town to collect badges. Granted, I don't know how they'll handle the Galar region based on the setup for this series, but Ash traveling to different towns in a badge quest wasn't really boring to watch before and most fans wanted a return to the traveling badge collecting quest too.

Status
Not open for further replies.