• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It would be a little different in this scenario. In the anime, every region's league would be the "minors", and then the "major's would be the national event that all regions participate in. You would need to have beaten a minor league in order to qualify for the major league, or perhaps you would need a sponsorship.
I don't think that they're doing something like that unless Ash is exiting the series after this saga.

Reaction score
I don't think that they're doing something like that unless Ash is exiting the series after this saga.
It's just a theory on how they could incorporate the major/minor leagues into the anime, that also explains the regional travel. They might not even include the concept of a major/minor league in the anime. But it's worth pointing out that Ash could simply lose the major league and have to try again. And we know that the major league gyms change every year, so they could technically make him challenge 8 new gyms/gym leaders every season. Also there's a good chance that this IS the last proper series, but it's going to run indefinitely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why would Galar's Gyms be in another region? I mean I get the Hoenn Battle Frontier was in Kanto in the Anime but that literally only existed to fill in time before DP since the DP Games were delayed. Unless some of Galar's Gyms are in other regions in the Games, that will be the only reason for the Galar Gyms to be in other regions in the Anime. And I need not stress on the fact that the only reason Ash is going to previous regions is because of Gou who wants to catch all Pokemon and meet Mew.

Reaction score
Why would Galar's Gyms be in another region? I mean I get the Hoenn Battle Frontier was in Kanto in the Anime but that literally only existed to fill in time before DP since the DP Games were delayed. Unless some of Galar's Gyms are in other regions in the Games, that will be the only reason for the Galar Gyms to be in other regions in the Anime. And I need not stress on the fact that the only reason Ash is going to previous regions is because of Gou who wants to catch all Pokemon and meet Mew.
I'm not necessarily convinced that this theory is true, I'm just toying with possible plots for this mysterious new series. In any case I should clarify that Galar gyms wouldn't be in other regions, it would still have it's own 8 gyms. The idea was that the concept of a major league could be applied to the anime as an international event, shared by all regions. I know it's native to Galar in the games, but they could rewrite it in the anime to have a grander scope. As in, every regional league is considered the minor league, and the major league is the international version of that. I guess it's kind of like how the VGC has a regional league followed by a world league.

Also you're making a big assumption with that last line. I've known Ash for 23 years, and I've never known him drop what he's doing to follow someone else's dream. If so, he would have went to Jhoto with May, or to Hoenn with Serena. No, if Ash is travelling to each region, it's because he has business of his own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily convinced that this theory is true, I'm just toying with possible plots for this mysterious new series. In any case I should clarify that Galar gyms wouldn't be in other regions, it would still have it's own 8 gyms. The idea was that the concept of a major league could be applied to the anime as a national event, shared by all regions. I know it's native to Galar in the games, but they could rewrite it in the anime to have a grander scope. As in, every regional league is considered the minor league, and the major league is the national version of that. I guess it's kind of like how the VGC has a regional league followed by a world league.

Also you're making a big assumption with that last line. I've known Ash for 23 years, and I've never known him drop what he's doing to follow someone else's dream. If so, he would have went to Jhoto with May, or to Hoenn with Serena. No, if Ash is travelling to each region, it's because he has business of his own.
Or it could just be because he wants to have fun? I mean not everything has to be linear tbh.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
Whatever news we get tomorrow, it will nmhe better than nothing. I hope we see an animated trailer or a song?

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Here's an idea, maybe Ash will around all the regions and rechallenge the gyms, I know some gym battles can be improved, especially Kanto

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Here's an idea, maybe Ash will around all the regions and rechallenge the gyms, I know some gym battles can be improved, especially Kanto
If the series is an AU that can be the case, however, if it is continuing from SM, then Ash would only need to challenge Galar for the badges, whilst entering the past Regions because of the badges he already have would be a piece of cake.

View: https://twitter.com/ashandserena/status/920977771400007680

Oh drat it! I said cake!

Last edited:
You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
I wonder which places they are going to visit. Tbh I would have like this more as the vacation of Ash.

Reaction score
If it is a hard reboot then I wouldn't mind if they do this. If it is a continuation from Sun Moon, I would like to see someone else taking on the regional gym challenges though he should probably challenge those that he didn't properly win again. Otherwise, it'll only be interesting if there are new gyms.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
According to Serebii

''Scorbunny is an expert kicker who hates losing because it cares about its friends so much. An unexpected turn of events led to its fateful encounter with Go.''

I'm liking this personality a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.