• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
What the new series will probably be is fanservice nostalgia fest if this is going to be a continuation, with Ash and Go whilst or after competing in Galar, travelling to the previous Regions to see how everyone is doing.

Honestly we do not know where the new series will take us since they are wanting to deviate from the old stale formula that hasn't worked for in the past 6 Gens.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
What the new series will probably be is fanservice nostalgia fest if this is going to be a continuation, with Ash and Go whilst or after competing in Galar, travelling to the previous Regions to see how everyone is doing.

Honestly we do not know where the new series will take us since they are wanting to deviate from the old stale formula that hasn't worked for in the past 6 Gens.
I don't think that this saga being a continuation means that this saga will have to be a fanservice nostalgia fest.

Reaction score
Why no animation in the teaser? The "anime" is going to have no plot, no nothing, no voice acting, no nothing.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Why no animation in the teaser? The "anime" is going to have no plot, no nothing, no voice acting, no nothing.
It does seem to feel that way, along with the reveal for SwSh so far. The suspense to some are not only taking it's toll, but is also trying everyone's patience after months on end.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
This thread is for bashing BW, XY/XYZ or/and SunMoon or it is about the new Pocket Monsters series!? :confused:

Anyways there will be info on October 13 but they also promised info on tomorrow's episode so I hope they reveal something more, I want to see a bit of animation!!
Tbh, from all the bad reputations to the series since BW, it would've been better if they ended after DP since some episodes in it are recycled from the OS, plus all of it is in their home turf that they can easily understand and work around.

Reaction score
Hope the next bit of info for this series shows off more; I've been failing to contain my frustration.

All I want is something animated to be shown, I don't care if it's a trailer that's 30 or even 20 seconds long, just please release us from endless cycle of almost nothing truly constructive to discuss or else I'm going to crazy, correction, more crazy!

I just want to know know more about what's up with Gou and how his goal can work in a believeable way and whether or not we'll still get a female lead.

Reaction score
Would love to see if the English theme tries to live on the very early 4Kids themes (specially the Johto Journeys one) and not one of those crappy "brand new adventure" ones, maybe have something like "Get your Rotom Phones ready" as a recurring lyric?

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Will they still do the WSTP (Who is that pokemon?) in the Japanese version

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
Will they still do the WSTP (Who is that pokemon?) in the Japanese version
Time will tell, I'll be honest I hope the dub and Japanese version does keep who's that Pokemon as it felt strange watching Diamond and Pearl without it

Just thought I would share this from Serebii which was posted yesterday

It has been confirmed that some more information for the upcoming anime series featuring Ash and new trainer Go will come with the episode of Pokémon Sun & Moon that airs in Japan on October 13th. This follows on from further information which comes with the episode of Pokémon Sun & Moon that airs tomorrow. At present we don't know what will be shown but will provide full details as they come so be sure to keep checking back

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Boy... still nothing... We do not even know what Gou's personality is. They really make such a big secret about this anime. I think... there is something really wrong with it.

Not Dead
Reaction score
I know that I've been talking a lot about an AU, but what I really care about is Go's goal. It would be nice to see him catch a Pokemon and whether he immediately sends it to some professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.