• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Heavey spoilers about the end of Sun and Moon? Let me repropose my crazy theory that Nyaheat becomes Gou instead of Gaogaen. He has the colours and he has the red striped hair clips. The names of the evolution are similar.

I was thinking that Satoshi is probably going to win against Kukui because it would be ugly if the champion lost publicly right after his win. The match might be an exhibition, but the outcome would still give the perception that Kukui would be champion if he had partecipated.
So, if Kukui loses to Satoshi, Nyaheat can't be sent off by giving him to Kukui to "train under someone who can train him better".
But also Nyaheat has received the kind of focus that it would be weird to just drop him at Oak, on or off-screen.
So what do we do with him?
He was a person all along! Or he becomes a person because of an experiment!
Infinite possibilities if you are crazy enough.

Administrator
Reaction score
Some of us are a bit worried about this new anime because of the make such a secret about it. It really comes off like they want to hide something from us.
That seems like a bit of an overreaction to me, or at least reading too much into what little information they've provided. It could be a matter of not being allowed to reveal more detailed information about it because it connects to something from the games that haven't been officially revealed yet. I'm not sure how likely that is given the world traveling setup, but it's still plausible at least.

I mean, they cannot expect not to scare people when they introduce another protagonist without being clear as to their role.
I doubt that they'd even consider the idea that Go would scare people. Ash is still around, so he isn't going anywhere, and the idea that Go could replace him is also jumping to a pretty huge conclusion. We don't know what his role is, but I'm pretty sure that the idea of a double protagonist series is supposed to get people excited and talk about the upcoming series as opposed to have people panic over it.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
That seems like a bit of an overreaction to me, or at least reading too much into what little information they've provided. It could be a matter of not being allowed to reveal more detailed information about it because it connects to something from the games that haven't been officially revealed yet. I'm not sure how likely that is given the world traveling setup, but it's still plausible at least.

I doubt that they'd even consider the idea that Go would scare people. Ash is still around, so he isn't going anywhere, and the idea that Go could replace him is also jumping to a pretty huge conclusion. We don't know what his role is, but I'm pretty sure that the idea of a double protagonist series is supposed to get people excited and talk about the upcoming series as opposed to have people panic over it.
It's just getting used to all the changes that we had to face from the formula we're used to for the past 20 years, and all in this year alone might I add.

Administrator
Reaction score
It's just getting used to all the changes that we had to face from the formula we're used to for the past 20 years, and all in this year alone might I add.
I can understand that to a point, but it's also still kind of strange considering how often I've heard people complain about the anime being too formulaic for years. Plus, just because it is different doesn't mean it will be bad necessarily. I understand why people are worried and upset. I just think that the panic goes a bit too far and leads to more conclusion jumping than anything else.

Reaction score
Even if XY and SM were dramatically different in style, you could still think of SM Ash as someone who had gone through all of XY and other regions. The same Ash as far as background is concerned.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Perhaps this is the reason of the possible reset of the entire series with Ash altogether

Reaction score
All I'd like for is that this new series be the thing that gets me back into Pokemon again. I was really into both Sinnoh and Kalos and it was SM that drove me away. Its seems I'm just waiting for that one big thing or just something to get me hooked again.

Reaction score
So we have 1 Month and 11 Days to go before the Anime Starts and we have yet to see the Characters in Motion. Compare that to other anime to heck even Yo-kai Watch which would have had at least 5-6 Previews by now and 2-3 Posters. Pokemon also needs to reveal more details in the sense so merch can release at least soon before the Anime Starts. It really seems like they are downgrading the anime which I hope is not the case.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
So we have 1 Month and 11 Days to go before the Anime Starts and we have yet to see the Characters in Motion. Compare that to other anime to heck even Yo-kai Watch which would have had at least 5-6 Previews by now and 2-3 Posters. Pokemon also needs to reveal more details in the sense so merch can release at least soon before the Anime Starts. It really seems like they are downgrading the anime which I hope is not the case.
They're planning to release the merchandising on the exact same day as SwSh, to which I feel is both genius, but at the same time a selfish greedy move compared with how they did it in the past. They probably won't give us too much about the anime until it airs on the 17th November, which I can see will be a disaster if not properly advertised.

Reaction score
no i don't think so. And i heard the content of the next series will be very ambitious too!

Stuck
Reaction score
To be fair though, it's possible that they never even considered rebooting the series, and that fans are single-handedly responsible for all the confusion. From their perspective, fans shouldn't be suspecting a reboot so it wouldn't make sense for them to have to confirm that it isn't.
I don't buy this for one second. You don't use a logo used exclusively for two AU movies and not expect people to wonder about it, especially in the context of revisiting old regions.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
I don't mind the fact that yesterday's preview merely gave us high-quality close-ups of the Johto, Unova, and Alola portions of the key visuals, no doubt next week will do the same with other regions

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Okay, okay, if this is a reboot, then why did they introduce Gou to the anime? Wouldn't it make more sense if Ash just gets all of his former companions for each region? Nothing against Gou, we do not know anything about him besides his goal, but for a reboot, I do not really see the point in him.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Okay, okay, if this is a reboot, then why did they introduce Gou to the anime? Wouldn't it make more sense if Ash just gets all of his former companions for each region? Nothing against Gou, we do not know anything about him besides his goal, but for a reboot, I do not really see the point in him.
We don’t, but today’s kids will. Especially the kids that play on Mobile games such as Go/Masters. It's all about advertising the stuff for money.

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Okay. So it is a reboot but it will focus much more on the mobile games ather than the main series. Well... this kinda makes sense. Most people nowadays, especially the youngsters, are more familiar with the mobile games like Go. But why keep Ash as the main protagonist?

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Okay. So it is a reboot but it will focus much more on the mobile games ather than the main series. Well... this kinda makes sense. Most people nowadays, especially the youngsters, are more familiar with the mobile games like Go. But why keep Ash as the main protagonist?
This isn't confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.