• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that if there is a third companion then they would've revealed them by now.

Beatsy Ray

Reaction score
I think that if there is a third companion then they would've revealed them by now.
Same. And I also think that if they were introducing a new companion they wouldn't advertise the series as having 2 protagonists. That would be pretty mean to the new character and only enforce them as a third-wheel. I think the team will just be Ash an Gou, augmented with previous companions. That or Ash and Gou will travel separately with their own companions.

Henry Suarez

Reaction score
The sense of doom and gloom with the side of pointless panic makes reading this thread really exhausting for me.
I agree but it's the same 2 or 3 people with repetitive posts being extremely negative and not only that they're spreading fake news, false info/disinformation, I think I'll wait until saturday, this thread is a mess...

I like the music! :) I think the new anime will have great music/soundtrack...

SerenaToAlola

Reaction score
Having Ash and Gou in Johto and Unova in the pics makes me think that they'd likely visit those places first. Perhaps Ash's first stop in his world tour is Unova for the Pokemon World Tournament!

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Having Ash and Gou in Johto and Unova in the pics makes me think that they'd likely visit those places first. Perhaps Ash's first stop in his world tour is Unova for the Pokemon World Tournament!
Could be. Although his first stops will likely be Galar and Sinnoh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I would only see them doing that at the very end of the saga.

GalacticRonpa

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
The way they keep promoting double protagonists all the time, it seems there's gonna be no 3rd companion this time around. But we can be sure the two will have the same amount of focus and similar importance (maybe more than Hikari had in DP).

I'm betting on important recurring characters to fill the girl spot.

SerenaToAlola

Reaction score
I would only see them doing that at the very end of the saga.
Well he kind of just won a league so he could perhaps take part in the champions tournament... Round 1 could be him versus Iris where he loses.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Well he kind of just won a league so he could perhaps take part in the champions tournament... Round 1 could be him versus Iris where he loses.
You're forgetting SwSh promotion. There might be a Champions Tornament hosted in Galar this time around.

Regardless to it's faults, Pokemon X and Y, I believe was the last ''True'' Pokemon game with traditional gameplay and story Game Freak ever produced before turning to this different direction for Gen 7 and 8.

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't quite understand that logic. They haven't revealed Team Rocket for the series yet, but I don't see a lot of people claiming that they won't be in the series as a result. Yes, I know that there is a Meowth being carried by Dragonite on the poster, but they still haven't announced anything about Team Rocket officially either. It wouldn't be the best marketing decision to not have a female character in the cast either. I just think that we know too little about the series to assume that there won't be a female lead.

SammyW27

♪My Little Ponyta, My Little Ponyta...♪
Reaction score
Eh, I think the 3rd spot will be filled by people who come and go as a way to partially promote Masters.
In fact, at first I was a little surprised they don't have Ash by himself with a bunch of people temporarily joining him to better promote Masters.
...Then I remembered that Ash by himself would be very subpar, even with an army of supporting characters to try to help.

Perhaps Ash's first stop in his world tour is Unova for the Pokemon World Tournament!
Wait, is that even still a thing? :confused_emoji:

It wouldn't be the best marketing decision to not have a female character in the cast either.
How about all of them? ;)

Last edited:

Golducky

Screech Pokémon
Reaction score
This is very painful because I want to speculate about something tangible.

Well screw it, I'm sick of waiting for more news on this series and I'm sick of this chill I get down my spine every time I click on this thread, so here's some thoughts/wants I'd like to share:
  • Since Gou's getting Scorbunny, that leaves Ash with Grookey or Sobble, and I used to think that Ash might get Grookey because it reminds me of him for some odd reason, but now I've changed my mind and would probably prefer he get Sobble as it could lead to potentially interesting arcs teaching it to be less timid and stronger à la Goodra. Of course we still don't know what the starters will evolve into or what will be the most marketable (which would be the most likely starter Ash would be getting) but I'll stick with him getting Sobble till further notice. Also regarding Ash's team, I hope he gets at least one Galarian form and gets a full team BEFORE the league.
  • Although I enjoyed Sun & Moon for trying new things, I'm very glad Ash is traveling on a journey again as I think he learns more and better that way, and truth be told I find it more exciting.
  • I actually see some great potential with Ash traveling through multiple past regions as long as they don't focus too much on Kanto (I'm not hating on Kanto) or other past regions for that matter and too little on Galar. Ash could finally get to see some old friends and rivals again from past regions. Oh, and please bring back Butch and Cassidy, we haven't seen them since Diamond & Pearl if I'm not mistaken.
  • Balance the action and comedy, so everyone can be happy.
  • Have plenty of scenes with Ash not only training his Pokemon, but also physically training with them like in earlier series, one example: when Ash trained Staravia to learn Brave Bird.
  • Please give the rival(s) more attention; somewhere in Alola Hau still weeps that he couldn't show up earlier in Sun & Moon. Even Gladion didn't really appear enough for my liking.
Well that's it, my goal with this post is just to make this thread fun is all.

Last edited:

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
Eh, I think the 3rd spot will be filled by people who come and go as a way to partially promote Masters.
In fact, at first I was a little surprised they don't have Ash by himself with a bunch of people temporarily joining him to better promote Masters.
I still don't know about them trying to promote Masters. It's certainly not impossible and it could be potentially interesting. I'm just not sure if they'd put that much effort into promoting a mobile spin-off title. Pokemon Go is a much bigger hit than Master and the anime didn't start promoting it during SM.

How about all of them? ;)
Honestly, I still like that idea and it could explain why they haven't revealed a female lead yet. I don't know how likely it is for them to do that, but the idea sounds pretty neat at least.

This is very painful because I want to speculate about something tangible.

Well screw it, I'm sick of waiting for more news on this series and I'm sick of this chill I get down my spine every time I click on this thread, so here's some thoughts/wants I'd like to share:

Since Gou's getting Scorbunny, that leaves Ash with Grookey or Sobble, and I used to think that Ash might get Grookey because it reminds me of him for some odd reason, but now I've changed my mind and would probably prefer he get Sobble as it could lead to potentially interesting arcs teaching it to be less timid and stronger à la Goodra. Of course we still don't know what the starters will evolve into or what will be the most marketable (which would be the most likely start Ash would be getting) but I'll stick with him getting Sobble till further notice. Also regarding Ash's team, I hope he gets at least one Galarian form and get a full team BEFORE the league.
I'm still hoping for Ash to get Grookey myself, but a Sobble could be cute and interesting. A lot of it does depend on what the starters evolve into and we may not know that until the games come out at this rate. I just hope that Grookey is handled better than Rowlet regardless of who gets it. I'd also love to see Ash get a Galarian form. I thought that it was a shame he didn't get an Alolan Grimer or something like that. He also really needs a full team well before getting to the next League.

Golducky said:
Although I enjoyed Sun & Moon for trying new things, I'm very glad Ash is traveling on a journey again as I think he learns more and better that way, and truth be told I find it more exciting.
I have missed the traveling aspect of the series, even though I also appreciate SM doing something different. I just hope that they are able to spend a good amount of focus on Galar during the series.

Golducky said:
Have plenty of scenes with Ash not only training his Pokemon, but also physically training with them like in earlier series, one example: when Ash trained Staravia to learn Brave Bird.
Honestly, I'd be happy with more focus on training in general. That wasn't really a priority for Ash during SM, or at least I don't think we saw it happening too often.

Golducky said:
Please give the rival(s) more attention; somewhere in Alola Hau still weeps that he couldn't show up earlier in Sun & Moon. Even Gladion didn't really appear enough for my liking.

Well that's it, my goal with this post is just to make this thread fun is all.
Hau not showing up for so long was such a terrible idea. Gladion got more attention by comparison, but it was still pretty minimal at best. I just hope that they make good use of the rivals from the games this time around. I'd really love to see Ash and Marnie battle frequently so he could have a good female rival.

SammyW27

♪My Little Ponyta, My Little Ponyta...♪
Reaction score
I still don't know about them trying to promote Masters.
Neither am I, but that's the only (good) reason I can think of they'd bother making Ash a world traveler instead of the saga taking place mostly in Galar... :unsure:

Lucifer Angel

Reaction score
Mlst likely an old female campanion fills the spot until Galar where a new one is shown.

kickachu

Reaction score
question if ash and go both want to catch the same pokemon how would they solve the problem since it'll probably be the two of them ?

BigDocFan

Reaction score
If Ash does go to Unova for the World Tournament, hopefully it will be more enjoyable than the Junior Cup tournament